Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,952 members, 7,873,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

How To Start Ecommerce Business In Nigeria – The Ultimate Guide - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Start Ecommerce Business In Nigeria – The Ultimate Guide (330 Views)

Ecommerce Business Manager / SPECIAL WEBLASS On Ecommerce Business Plus Fast Selling Products / FREE Seminar: How To Grow A PROFITABLE Ecommerce Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Ecommerce Business In Nigeria – The Ultimate Guide by realmidejohnson(m): 9:24am On Nov 26, 2018

Read the full article from the Source and also get the video guide: https://ayomidejohnson.com/how-to-start-ecommerce-business-nigeria/

You want to start your own eCommerce business in Nigeria. I am here to show you the easiest ways to get started. You don’t have to let someone else complicate the whole process for you.
Setting up an eCommerce store of your own in Nigeria is pretty easy if you are ready to put in the work.
In this guide, I will show you how to set up your online eCommerce store, and set it alive for business.

1. Register with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) [Optional]

Depending on how big or small you plan to launch, registering your business first with the CAC is important.

Registering your new eCommerce business in Nigeria unlocks some capabilities that are not accessible to regular unregistered businesses. Some of which include:

– As a registered business with the CAC, you can get a bank account opened in your business name and also have rights to obtain other legal documents to help you successfully run an eCommerce business in Nigeria.
– You get full unlocked access to premium services your payment gateways have to offer. For instance, as an unregistered business, some payment gateways may not let you receive beyond a certain amount or the range of currency you can accept might be limited.
Likewise, it is completely optional to skip the registration part still. The internet gives no limitation to what you can do online nowadays. You can completely set up your eCommerce business, and even start receiving payments for goods and services without a business registration. And yes, totally legal.But be on the safe side and ensure you register your business as you grow.

2. Set Up Your E-commerce Store

Setting up an eCommerce business in Nigeria has never been easier until now. With or without hiring a developer, all you need is the right information, tools and software and you are good to get started in a very short time.

Now, your business will run online, that tells you 4 things:

You need a website – Which of course is your online eCommerce store.
You need a reliable web hosting company to host your online store.
You as well need to purchase a domain name.
The finally, you get to build your eCommerce business online.

There are several web hosting companies in Nigeria, and you need to beware which you patronize. I will share with you the ones I personally prefer. As well as show you how to get started with purchasing your domain name and hosting for your eCommerce store in Nigeria.

Here are the top 3 domain name and hosting providers of my choice in no particular order.

WhoGoHost
QServers
SmartWeb

You can check out their affordable hosting plans. They offer web hosting and domain registration for as low as N400 (Four Hundred Naira) depending on the subscription period as well.

You can also checkout my article on how to choose the best domain name for your eCommerce business in Nigeria below:

How To Choose The Best Domain Name For Your Website

The final step on setting up your eCommerce business is choosing the right software to host your online store.

Now, you can choose to hire a web developer to build your store for you, which is also more advisable and professional

OR

You can choose the DIY (Do It Yourself) approach.

The easiest platform to build your eCommerce business in Nigeria is WooCommerce.

Woo Commerce is a solution developed for WordPress users. And WordPress is a full fledged content management system for building blogs and websites. It sure requires some technical approach, but if you sit with it, you will get it right in a short while.

Not to worry, I have written a full guide to help you get started with building your own website for your eCommerce business in Nigeria.

Check it out below:

How to Make A Website (Beginners Guide)

3. Set Up A Secured Payment Gateway

Once the process of setting up an online store for your eCommerce business in Nigeria is done with, the next step is to choose a secured payment gateway to facilitate receiving payments online for goods and services.

As you know, I always have favorites �

My Favorite payment gateway is PayStack.

Others you can certainly try out are:

Wallet.ng
Interswitch
GTPay
E-Tranzact

I love and choose Paystack because of the flexibility, freedom and as well security it offers even small businesses.

You don’t have to be a registered business to use Paystack. They have a starter package for starter businesses, but the downside is that you have a limit of 2 Million Naira in total deposits, after which you then need to upgrade to a Registered Business – and for any starting business, I think that is fine.

Paystack is also very easy to integrate as they have inline code snippets you can copy and paste on your website, and as well plugins for WordPress & Woo Commerce users.

4. Choose The Right Marketing Strategy

To get your Nigerian eCommerce business to the right audience, you need to leverage on the available marketing strategies available. It’s important to also set aside a budget to run your marketing campaigns.

Here are some proven methods to successfully market your eCommerce business online in Nigeria.

-Blogging
-Social Media
-Email Marketing
-Classifieds Websites
-Posting On Web Forums
-Buying Ad Spaces On Popular Websites/Blogs

I wrote a full article for this on my corporate blog. Feel free to check it out below:

Proven Ways: How To Market Your Business Online In Nigeria

Conclusion

You needed the information, now you got it.

Starting an eCommerce business in Nigeria is no easy game, but if you got the willpower, you will launch a profitable eCommerce business in no time, with just little money.

So what do you think? Are you going to set out and make some moves now?

Read More Informative Articles Like This On My Website: https://ayomidejohnson.com

Also, Take advantage of a promo I'm currently running for business owners and individuals. Get a FREE website design for your business, personal blog or business website.

Check out my signature to contact, call and whatsapp me smiley

Also follow on IG @ realmidejohnson.

Re: How To Start Ecommerce Business In Nigeria – The Ultimate Guide by kelechiodo(m): 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Someone told me that interswitch has canceled 150,000 setup fees. Do you have the latest information on that?
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Dow Chemical Company Recruitment 2018 / Social Media Officer / Please Who Knows Anything About Phottizo Technologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.