Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,852 members, 7,899,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 03:30 AM

Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria (32611 Views)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors / Is Kidnaping Now An Occupation In The Niger/delta Region? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
Someone mentioned Lawyers? Don't let me crack my ribs laughing abeg. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ladi02(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2010
1. Engineers (Petroleum, Civil, Electrical)
2. Bankers
3. Accountants
4. Doctors
5. Lecturers
6. IT Analysts
7. Lawyers
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ritapearl(f): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
LWKMD- Una no go kill me o!!! Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by iz2much: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2010
Strictly Naija!!!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by canuck(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2010
pendusky:

I wonder why Seun should be allowing dubious replies on IMPORTANT thread on NL, I think I have been  visiting NL for a good number of years now and find out that people all over the world visit this site on daily basis but I still wonder why people have been blackmailing the VERY country there are from, I don't understand,  I will suggest That Seun should tell these people to go to Jokes page of NL to comments and write whatever they want to.

Korrect talk!

spikedcylinder:

Someone mentioned Lawyers? Don't let me crack my ribs laughing abeg. grin grin grin cheesy

Please get the stereotypical 'charge and bail' lawyer off your mind - E.g. Mr. Gbenga Oyebode and his team of lawyers made millions of $$$ from a 5-room commercial law firm at Obalende (15 yrs ago) and he bought into Access Bank where he's presently Chairman.

@ OP
This thread exposes the root of Nigeria's problems - We have lost our bearing. embarassed

Like a public service radio announcement that filled the air and our minds when I grew up in Nigeria, "There Is Dignity In Labour!"
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by obi123: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
Destinyrap please wake up this minute!!!!!! in a country where a policeman can end someone's life just becos of a paltry sum of 50 naira , where funds (BILLIONS) are misappropriated right before our eyes , where hardly is there any recognition for effort , where strife is the order of the day, where basic amenities and infrastructure is a luxury , please stop being  loyal to a country that does not give a hoot nanny about you and you loyalty
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by baslone: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
pendusky:

I wonder why Seun should be allowing dubious replies on IMPORTANT thread on NL, I think I have been  visiting NL for a good number of years now and find out that people all over the world visit this site on daily basis but I still wonder why people have been blackmailing the VERY country there are from, I don't understand,  I will suggest That Seun should tell these people to go to Jokes page of NL to comments and write whatever they want to.

I think Engineers Are the Best paid in Nigeria follow by Doctors, and others follow!

Doctors and Lawyers??  shocked

You want to stay broke all your life!! Na only name dem dey get 4naija

Personally I'll suggest anywhere you find yourself in the Federal Civil Service, you are safe!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by segunjowo(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
lol
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by massach79: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2010
teaching
shoe polishing
gate keeping
bar tendering
security
housemaid
babysitting
food vendering
plumbering
aboki

what about these ones, which do you prefer
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by canuck(m): 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2010
This thread deserves to be moved from Career to Jokes section. Shikena!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ladi02(m): 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
how come my posts keep get deleted!! angry angry angry angry

2. Bankers
3. Accountants
4. Doctors
5. Lecturers
6. Lawyers
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by vinmol: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ destinyrap and Pendusky

be dreaming! na Naija we dey and these pple dey tell u the true stay of the nation

NIgeria "good people bad Leaders"

na so we see am my brothers if u no dey the country pray say make any of this job men no catch u or any body related to you, becos your patrotism song go change, !

wat am i suppose to do clap and sing good of a nation that collects 15% of my salary every mnth and i cannot boast of Electricity  for 30 mins, i get to change my tyres and fix my car every 2 mnth becos of bad roads, my brother's son 4mnths old is in hospital becos of CO2 from his generator, My mum at over 60yrs
has been paying tax to this bloody nation for over 35yrs has to beg and verify every mnth before a merger pension can be paid to her!!! TELL ME PEOPLE!!!

am i suppose to sing and clap for a nation that the leader so not give a damn about its citizens but only how to enrich their pockets and steal the little the poor and struggling polity has to eat!!!

i do none of these jobs, God's grace i am an average nigerian struggling on a 9-6 job with little investments here and there, but the larger portion of the polity is suffering

there is say and i repeat NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE!!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by gametalk: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
Destinyrap:

My fellow nairalanders u are the change this nation has been looking for why cant we talk good of this our great country.This rebranding begins with you and this our nation will be good,by GODS grace I BELIEVE WE CAN FLY LIKEEALE.AMEN

TALK GOOD or what did u just say, Where the GOOD were you when the 17billion was approved for 50th anniversary, Guy open yah eyes na naija we dey, Think good how u too go chop politicz money.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ladi02(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
2. Bankers
3. Accountants
4. Doctors
5. Lecturers
6. Lawyers
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Chongaiman: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
Poster,
It should be obvious that your question would not be easy to answer.
I think your employer determines your income.
Imagine engineers working for SPDC, Fed Govt, State Govt, Lebanese-owned company.
They may all have the same skills but their remunerations would most likely be decreasing in the order presented.
Let's appreciate our cynics. They make NL tick!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Meddler(f): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
LMAO!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin U guys go kill person. see me entering the site to see the what the list will look like hahahahaha!!!!
@ OP In reality, those are one of the top paying jobs in Nigeria from a different viewpoint. Maybe next time u shud specify if you mean legitimate or illegitimate paying jobs
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
top 10 well paid occupations in naija ?  grin grin grin naija is not a country that bases its salary structure with occupation types so this question makes no sense. but if you have connections, you can be a yoruba major in college and get a high paying job with a multinational. so ermmm yeah this question is redundant with regards to naija. sall about connections my man not occupation  grin
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Remii(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ultrame:

Unless the poster narrows it down and changes his topic to: Top 10 Well Paid 'Non-Criminal' Occupations In Nigeria

Are Militants criminals in Nigeria? They interview them on TV, they own up to there damages including killing of inncent souls and nothing happens to them, they even wine and dine with Goverors and President, lol
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ebunma: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
This country is sick,
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by canuck(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
ebunma:

This country is sick

Intensive Care Unit straight!

vinmol:

@ destinyrap and Pendusky

NIgeria "good people bad Leaders"

na so we see am my brothers if u no dey the country pray say make any of this job men no catch u or any body related to you, becos your patrotism song go change, !

LIE!

Good people = Good leaders
Bad people = Bad leaders

When the people change for good, they will produce good leaders.

Fellow Nigerians, the monster is looking back at you in the mirror!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by canuck(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
Remii:

Are Militants criminals in Nigeria? They interview them on TV, they own up to there damages including killing of inncent souls and nothing happens to them, they even wine and dine with Goverors and President, lol

I tire, my broda!

The militants at the interview, the journalist conducting the interview, the governor(s) at the interview, and most of the people watching the interview are all the same! Cut from the same cloth!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by jvibe: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
Menh,

Notin gud comes easily O, Buh it seemskidnapping pays, buh anybody wey kidnap me sha go tire cos notin go drop, heheheheheheheh
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by jorem(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
E go better!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ladi02(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2010
canuck:

Intensive Care Unit straight!

LIE!

Good people = Good leaders
Bad people = Bad leaders

When the people change for good, they will produce good leaders.

Fellow Nigerians, the monster is looking back at you in the mirror!

Haha how will the people change for good, when the most of the people leading are illiterate & clueless and their clique continues to run the country. The few that ran out of the country either for school or greener pasture have become misfits on their return like a Governor put it recently. I think soon we will all be held captives by our underdevelopment, while the clueless build a force against anybody that initiates change.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by usbcable(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
If BBC tomorrow airs a documentary wherein they say Nigerians regard Kidnapping, forgery, Yahoo-yahoo, fake pastor and so on as mentioned above most of you guys will cry fouls that they are only highlighting the bad sides of our nation.
Truthfully, all the aforementioned are jobs but not a prideful one. And I tend to believe most of us would not even want to work for these guys if we have another choice.
Unfortunately, our statistics bureau cant be of help since they dont even have adequate data to make an analysis and comparism of various jobs and by jobs I mean professional jobs.
Nonetheless, I googled 'top 10 jobs Nigeria' and I came across this article;
www.articlebase.com/career-management-articles/top-10-places-to-wok-in-nigeria-2831872.html
it has more respectable jobs that most of us nigerians would love to be associated with. And not all those shameful illegal occupation that most of us hope our children would not grow to experience.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
Most of the Nigerian professionals we look up to have been involved in one/more of these criminal occupations.
The titles of I.T Analyst,Chartered Accountant or Rig Maintainance Engineer e.t.c may be a farce after all.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
Seriously!?

1: Governor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
2: Senator [/b]of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
3:[b] Ex-President
or Head-of-State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
4: Tight-friend to Serving Governors and President
5: House of Representative member
6: High-ranking Civil Servant [/b]working in the following NFF, PHCN, NNPC or CUSTOMS
7: [b]Professional Pastor or Prophet
in a Non-Catholic Church
8: MEND Member
9: Ritualist in South-East/West/South Nigeria Read http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=119018
10: Local Government Chairman South-East/West/South Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by sunnyprof: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
nO WHITE COLLAR JOB PAY WELL ANYMORE, NOT EVEN THE SO CALLED OIL INDUSTRY THAT IS IN THE COMATOSE FOR NOW. OVER 5M OIL WORKERS ARE OUT OF JOB NOW!!

all the professions: Engineering, Medicine, Banking, Military, Civil Service, Accounting, ect. ordinarily do not make anyone rich in Nigeria, until some element of smartness, bribery, pilfering, corrupt practices come into place. This is the fact we need to fight.

Our culture tend to support corruption because families, friends and society at large seems to say it most of the time: "is it not the same engineering you and 'so and so' are into? He has buit 3 estates, sent his children to school abroad and has buit a mansion in the village; but yiou are still struggling to build one bungallow in preparation for your retirement?

We have all lived by this from generations immemorial or 'no be the pikin wey bring money come him mama go praise' again?
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by cantell(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ultrame:

I hope this helps:

1. Mega Oyel Bunkering (like those guys in the ND creeks)
2. Kidnapping (will soon displace oyel bunkering for the no. 1 spot because it has a higher "Return On Investment" rate)
3. More oyel bunkering (like that dude in Lagos)
4. Politics (Pays like hell. ever heard of "Sitting Allowance"? yeah, they get that too!)
5. Police (N50 x 500 Motorists  x 365 days. We're  talking some really huge figures here!)
6. Yahoo-Yahoo
7. Multinational Oyel workers
8. Bank Executives
9. Contractors
10. Others
O boy na ur list better pass.
Laugh wan kill me.
Make una leave all those people wey dey abroad dey misyarn.
Like someone said, Naija is a failed state.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by vinmol: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
all this naija in Diaspora go just open mouth dey misyarn!

if the country is that good and u can earn a decent living as the case maybe, comeback!! comeback!

come and wake up in naija and smell the coffee!!!

u can only be saying all dat nonsense about good image beacuse you are not the one wearing the shoes, live Oyinbo land come naija for only 2 weeks and then u will sing a new song!

I REPEAT NAIJA IS A FAILED STATE!!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Ultrame(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
vinmol:

all this naija in Diaspora go just open mouth dey misyarn!

if the country is that good and u can earn a decent living as the case maybe, comeback!! comeback!

come and wake up in naija and smell the coffee!!!

u can only be saying all dat nonsense about good image beacuse you are not the one wearing the shoes, live Oyinbo land come naija for only 2 weeks and then u will sing a new song!

I REPEAT NAIJA IS A FAILED STATE!!

^^^^
GBAM!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by canuck(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
sunnyprof:

Our culture tend to support corruption because families, friends and society at large seems to say it most of the time: "is it not the same engineering you and 'so and so' are into? He has buit 3 estates, sent his children to school abroad and has buit a mansion in the village; but yiou are still struggling to build one bungallow in preparation for your retirement?

We have all lived by this from generations immemorial or 'no be the pikin wey bring money come him mama go praise' again?

Hmmm. . .Definitely a significant root of the problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Next After A 3rd Class From University? / How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.