Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,837 members, 7,915,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:48 PM

2019: Shehu Sani Reveals Why Election Is Under Threat, Gives Reasons For Rift Wi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Shehu Sani Reveals Why Election Is Under Threat, Gives Reasons For Rift Wi (277 Views)

Aregbesola Blames Devil For Rift With Oyetola, Seeks Forgiveness. / Shehu Sani Reveals What Will Happen To Emefiele When Buhari Leaves Office / Senator Shehu Sani Reveals How PDP Lured APC Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Shehu Sani Reveals Why Election Is Under Threat, Gives Reasons For Rift Wi by 7Ebisco: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2018
The lawmaker representing Kaduna Central at the National Assembly, Shehu Sani has said the 2019 general election “is under threat.”

According to the lawmaker, vote-buying and possibility of misusing the state machinery by the incumbent may hinder the sources of the election.

The lawmaker said that the incumbent goverment may indulge in vote buying and abuse of security apparatus.

He said this development could hamper free and fair election in 2019.

The Senator spoke on Monday while responding to questions on “Fact-finder”, an interactive programme on Sweet FM 107.1 Abeokuta in Ogun State.

“There is a possibility that the incumbent could bring in public resources and share it to people for them to buy their votes. And that has happened in some of the elections in the South West and other part of the country.

“Secondly, we can’t have a free and fair election unless and until when the security apparatus of the state is neutral.

“If they are not neutral or they are abused by the incumbent to threaten others and unleashing terror, arresting members of the opposition and thereby making it difficult to have smooth election. Certainly, there would be threats.

“Two threats exist, votes-buying and abuse and misuse of state machinery in favour of the incumbent,” he said.

Shehu Sani also said his rift with Kaduna State Governor, Nasiru El-Rufai, was because their political ideological differed.

He said “Even, in 2015, I wasn’t his candidate but I won because he was not the governor. And now he can use the state resources and his proximity to the President. That for me is cowardice.

“When I say we differ politically and ideologically, the governor of Kaduna State, Nasiru El-rufai is from political establishment.

“These are people who were brought from obscurity by President Obasanjo from PDP, amassed what they could amass and became what they could become.

“He came from PDP political family. In 16 years of PDP, he spent 15 years as a member. So, he is one of those who were baptized in APC and being seen as saints today.

“To my pedigree, after being an activist, I joined the Alliance for Democracy, I joined CPC and then APC. You can see my path is different from his path.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/11/26/2019-shehu-sani-reveals-why-election-is-under-threat-gives-reasons-for-rift-with-el-rufai/

1 Like

Re: 2019: Shehu Sani Reveals Why Election Is Under Threat, Gives Reasons For Rift Wi by MalcoImX: 12:26am On Nov 27, 2018
You are nothing without APC and the Buhari effect. Ungrateful fellows who bit the fingers that fed them.

Now that you schemed yourself out of reckoning and winning, blame nobody but yaself.

Elections will hold peacefully and you'll lose woefully.

(1) (Reply)

APC Crisis: You Can’t Stop Aggrieved Members From Exercising Their Rights – Buha / 2019: Between Buhari And Atiku / 2019: "I'm On Rescue Mission, Bende Desperate For Change" - Benjamin Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.