Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,851 members, 7,872,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:43 PM

I Never Said I’ll Probe Fayose — FAYEMI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I’ll Probe Fayose — FAYEMI (273 Views)

Ex-Governors Adebayo, Fayose, Fayemi, Endorse Oyebanji For Second Term In Office / Lyon To Dickson: I’ll Probe Your Administration / Police To Withdraw Fayose, Fayemi’s Security –DIG Joshak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Never Said I’ll Probe Fayose — FAYEMI by elotidesigns: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2018
Gov. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, yesterday, clarified his stance on the fate of his predecessor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose.
Fayemi and Fayose

Governor Fayemi spoke with State House correspondents after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Fielding questions on whether he would probe his predecessor, Fayemi explained that there was never a time he said he would probe Mr Fayose.

He said: “Well, I am sure I have never said anything about a probe and I do not say anything about probe.

“Looking into books is the duty of any new governor, you need to know what you found in place, and I just talked about visitation panel into the education sector in the state.
Check this out Uduaghan confirms plan to dump PDP for APC

“There are other sectors in the state, and it will be remiss of me not to check what we found when we came into office and share that with the citizens of the state.

“It is just accountability, not probe. I am not the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, I am not ICPC, there are institutions that are charged with the responsibility to do that and it’s entirely up to them if they want to probe the governor or not.

READ ALSO:Oni V Fayemi: A case to watch

“It is not my business, I leave Fayose to God, I have said that before.”

Speaking on the state of education, Mr Fayemi said that Ekiti had a tradition of being the intellectual capital of the country but it seemed to have lost that edge lately.
Check this out 'PMB, Senate face-off: PDP desperate to impeach Buhari'

He said: “Before now, Ekiti used to be the leading state in terms of school enrollment in the country but the latest figures we received from the Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC, makes it clear that we are lagging far behind.

“We have moved from 96 per cent enrolment in the entire country to about 45 per cent meaning that about 55 per cent of our school-age children are out of school.

“That is unacceptable in a state like Ekiti and we need to find out what has happened between 2014 and 2018 leading to this appalling figure in terms of school enrolment.”
Check this out Ugwuanyi seeks ties with ICAN on management of public funds

source
https://elotitv.com/i-never-said-ill-probe-fayose-fayemi/
Re: I Never Said I’ll Probe Fayose — FAYEMI by SingleWahala(f): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2018
grin grin grin....
APC na PDP. .......PDP na APC .

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Attacks Gov. Fayemi For Refusing To Probe Him / Over 1.3 Million Ebonyians Endorse Umahi For Second Tenure / Why War Against Insurgency (boko Haram) Is Not Working – Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.