Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,777 members, 7,879,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:13 PM

Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo (11415 Views)

We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir / Bayo Onanuga Deleted A Tweet About Land Allocated To Peter Obi In 2007 / ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Lamas2012(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
when this man join politics I said it that this man will be lying unconciously perhaps the released the 600bullion to those who ate it if not then why is ASUU on strike as for that cow reading mallam of education he should keep deceiving himself there is a pay day that will come for all of them.

3 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by ibietela2(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
[s]
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,
How can anyone hoping for a better future in this damned nation wish to have NNPC privatised??
NEPA was privatised few years ago not up to a decade, fast forward to today, phcn now laments insufficient resources and capacity to handle the nation's electricity sector, why? Because loans have been acquired by the shareholders in order to haste profit making and some of the phcn assets are used as collateral, I mean they (shareholders) are investors doing business for the sole purpose of making profits, not investing to serve the nation, NO
Privatising either 50 or 90% of NNPC simply means, allowing Atiku (if elected) to sell to his conglomerates and associates, thereby making him and his cohorts the driving force of the nation's main economy ( crude oil)
I am not supporting this chaotic move,
To all social media influencers and bloggers of backwardness, continue getting paid to confuse the nation, you all are on a fruitless mission, this country will NEVER go back to a state of deceptive and rotten leadership,
Well meaning Nigerians like me that are not politically motivated but rising to a clarion call for patriotism will exercise our voting right come 2019, we are very aware ATIKU is never an option for us.
Thanks to this thread, I can finally express my thoughts on Atiku and NNPC privatisation.
[/s]

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
No wonder OLAMIDE say story 4 d gods...,

2 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by LZAA: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Roger3D:
Liar. cc LZAA
Are u rejecting sai babarism?? grin
Cc immhotep onyeoga DaBullIT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by 6digitscomrade: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
ahmedkoded95:
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, says over N600 billion has s far been allocated to the education sector in 2018.

Osinbajo disclosed this at the opening ceremony of a two-day Stakeholders’ Workshop on Sustainable Funding for Education in Nigeria held on Tuesday at the Presidential Villa Banquet Hall, Abuja.

The workshop was organised by Federal Ministry of Education in collaboration with Federal Ministry of Finance.

He said that in spite of the difficult economic situation when the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration came on board, the Federal Government made sure that funding of education was not neglected.

“We were able to increase capital allocation to education; for instance, in the Federal Budget, capital allocation was increased from N23.53 billion in 2015 when we came–that was the allocation.

“In the budget that we did, we took up the capital allocation to N35.99 billion in 2016.

“Then in 2017, we took it to up to N56. 81bn and this year, the current capital budget on education is N102.9 billion.

“So, this shows substantial increase in education budget; in addition, there is the UBEC funding which in 2018 amounted to N109.86 billion.

“In fact, if you include the recurrent budget, the amount allocated to education by the Federal Government this year is more than N600 billion.’’

Represented by the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Sen. Udo Udoma, Osinbajo said that additional funds were also made available through the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND).

He said, however, that the amounts were still insufficient to provide the high quality education which the administration was determined to give to all Nigerians; hence the importance of the stakeholders workshop.

Osinbajo said that stakeholders must seek ways of increasing funding to education from all the tiers of government–the Federal Government, State and Local Governments.

“ While government funding is important and critical, it is not the only source of funding for education.

“There are two broad sources of funding for education-the most important are the grants from governments at all levels; that is the Federal and State and Local Governments in the form of capital budgets, recurrent budget and special allocation.

“The second source of funding are from non-governmental sources—these include contributions from sources such as school charges, private donations, corporate sponsors, alumni associations, charitable and faith-based associations and among others,’’ he said.

He said the workshop was expected to come with innovative ways by which increased funding of education could be achieved from all possible sources including any additional sources they could identify outside the aforementioned.

On his part, the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, said that funding education was a very crucial issue; hence the importance attached to the workshop.

According to him, funding is key to the delivery of qualitative education which is the foundation for national growth and sustainable development.

He said that upon his appointment, he met a lot of challenges in the basic, secondary and tertiary education as well as teachers’ professional development, technical education, access and quality of education.

Adamu said that against the foregoing, the ministry proposed the Ministerial Strategic Plan for Education hinged on ten pillars.

He listed the pillars as -Out of School Children, Youth and Adult Literacy, Teacher Education, Basic Education, Curriculum Matters, Tertiary Education, Education Data and planning.

Others are- Technical and Vocation Education and Training, Information and Communication Technology in Education and Library Services.

He said that increased funding of education had facilitated access to tertiary education in Nigeria but posed a huge financial burden on the funding of public institutions.

Adamu urged Nigerians to disabuse their minds of the belief that funding education was the responsibility of the government as it involved individuals, agencies, developmental partners and government at all levels.(NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/over-n600bn-allocated-to-education-in-2018-osinbajo.html

smh...it was allocated...Ok..How much has been released Remember we are already at the end of the 2018....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by kazeeyoung(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
SUBEB money wey Bukola Saraki and him Junior Brother(Abdulfatai Maigida ) don wire tete grin grin

SUBES, ASUU, TETFUND all na Scam..

1 Like

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by adedayourt(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
No matter who you are, as long as u join d profession called politics. U become a shameless liar

2 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by sanpipita(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
This lying pastor has come again, last year budgeted 102 bn had only 15bn released and he is talking abt 600bn from where?

1 Like

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by arabbunkum: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
Stupid zombie. Atiku privatized and liberated the telecom sector and that's why you are here typing rubbish with your China phone and a free MB. Let Atiku sell nnpc and also sell Nigeria collect change, he remains a far better option than your lifeless man that have caused unbearble pain and deaths to people.
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,
How can anyone hoping for a better future in this damned nation wish to have NNPC privatised??
NEPA was privatised few years ago not up to a decade, fast forward to today, phcn now laments insufficient resources and capacity to handle the nation's electricity sector, why? Because loans have been acquired by the shareholders in order to haste profit making and some of the phcn assets are used as collateral, I mean they (shareholders) are investors doing business for the sole purpose of making profits, not investing to serve the nation, NO
Privatising either 50 or 90% of NNPC simply means, allowing Atiku (if elected) to sell to his conglomerates and associates, thereby making him and his cohorts the driving force of the nation's main economy ( crude oil)
To all social media influencers and bloggers of backwardness, continue getting paid to confuse the nation, you all are on a fruitless mission, this country will NEVER go back to a state of deceptive and rotten leadership,
Well meaning Nigerians like me that are not politically motivated but rising to a clarion call for patriotism will exercise our voting right come 2019, we are very aware ATIKU is never an option for us.
Thanks to this thread, I can finally express my thoughts on Atiku and NNPC privatisation.

2 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Bizibi(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
Wait ooo,let me check the list of monies allocated to ministries this year. Because this guys can lie to cause an earthquake.

2 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by salesforce: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2018
Where is the result of the fund mr mouth runner professor
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by fergie001: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
The devil is a liar
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by WHAT999(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
I think we should wait for the materialization of the funds before the next year then we can abuse the VP
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by equity1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
noturbusiness:

you are in the wrong post. this post is talking about 600b that was allocated to education in osunbade dream. do you have anything to say about it?
lol may be he is high on drug
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
600what undecided What kind of lie be this self
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by NairaMaster1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
ahmedkoded95:
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, says over N600 billion has s far been allocated to the education sector in 2018.

Osinbajo disclosed this at the opening ceremony of a two-day Stakeholders’ Workshop on Sustainable Funding for Education in Nigeria held on Tuesday at the Presidential Villa Banquet Hall, Abuja.

The workshop was organised by Federal Ministry of Education in collaboration with Federal Ministry of Finance.

He said that in spite of the difficult economic situation when the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration came on board, the Federal Government made sure that funding of education was not neglected.

“We were able to increase capital allocation to education; for instance, in the Federal Budget, capital allocation was increased from N23.53 billion in 2015 when we came–that was the allocation.

“In the budget that we did, we took up the capital allocation to N35.99 billion in 2016.

“Then in 2017, we took it to up to N56. 81bn and this year, the current capital budget on education is N102.9 billion.

“So, this shows substantial increase in education budget; in addition, there is the UBEC funding which in 2018 amounted to N109.86 billion.

“In fact, if you include the recurrent budget, the amount allocated to education by the Federal Government this year is more than N600 billion.’’

Represented by the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Sen. Udo Udoma, Osinbajo said that additional funds were also made available through the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND).

He said, however, that the amounts were still insufficient to provide the high quality education which the administration was determined to give to all Nigerians; hence the importance of the stakeholders workshop.

Osinbajo said that stakeholders must seek ways of increasing funding to education from all the tiers of government–the Federal Government, State and Local Governments.

“ While government funding is important and critical, it is not the only source of funding for education.

“There are two broad sources of funding for education-the most important are the grants from governments at all levels; that is the Federal and State and Local Governments in the form of capital budgets, recurrent budget and special allocation.

“The second source of funding are from non-governmental sources—these include contributions from sources such as school charges, private donations, corporate sponsors, alumni associations, charitable and faith-based associations and among others,’’ he said.

He said the workshop was expected to come with innovative ways by which increased funding of education could be achieved from all possible sources including any additional sources they could identify outside the aforementioned.

On his part, the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, said that funding education was a very crucial issue; hence the importance attached to the workshop.

According to him, funding is key to the delivery of qualitative education which is the foundation for national growth and sustainable development.

He said that upon his appointment, he met a lot of challenges in the basic, secondary and tertiary education as well as teachers’ professional development, technical education, access and quality of education.

Adamu said that against the foregoing, the ministry proposed the Ministerial Strategic Plan for Education hinged on ten pillars.

He listed the pillars as -Out of School Children, Youth and Adult Literacy, Teacher Education, Basic Education, Curriculum Matters, Tertiary Education, Education Data and planning.

Others are- Technical and Vocation Education and Training, Information and Communication Technology in Education and Library Services.

He said that increased funding of education had facilitated access to tertiary education in Nigeria but posed a huge financial burden on the funding of public institutions.

Adamu urged Nigerians to disabuse their minds of the belief that funding education was the responsibility of the government as it involved individuals, agencies, developmental partners and government at all levels.(NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/over-n600bn-allocated-to-education-in-2018-osinbajo.html

So, why is ASSU on strike?

3 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Festy4u(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
This must be a professorial lie! grin
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Lyoncrescent: 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
In the words of Sonny Okosun, We are still waiting for the wind of change

2 Likes

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by MrBriel(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
this osinbade eeehh, this man don yeye finish. #Liar Mohammed don infect this man the deadly disease. #Lies

1 Like

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Pat4321: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2018
And how much was released?
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by oluwatosink: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
Metuh:
Lying midget aka Yahoo Yahoo Pastor.

Minister for condolences.
lol i weak oo grin
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by somehow: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
Why is it that when people with knowledge are talking, those without any iota of information will say they are lying?

Okay, if Osinbajo is lying, can you please tell us the truth and correct amount allocated to education?

Liars hardly believe any other person, they go about thinking everyone lie like them!
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by poiZon: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,
how much is local rice?
how much is foreign rice?
i buy local here in uyo 80naira n foreign is 100nara.
how much is locally refined fuel?
i buy fuel here 143-145 naira per litre, i believe its imported fuel. hv never seen or buy nigerian refined fuel which shud be less than the amount i buy foreign fuel.
why am i painstakingly saying this, cos nnpc refineries aint working but they hv employees being paid by the govt.
those workers r doing nothing buf at the enf of the month they collect salaries plus countless allowance.
if u were to be the ceo of those refineries will u still be happy to run such business that does not give u positive return on business?
u mentioned nepa, yes nepa was privatised. whether they sold to themselves or not atleast the fedgovt is not bothered abt the wage bill of nepa staffs anymore.
when it was nepa, monies from other sector like petroleum was used in augmenting and bailing out nepa.
nepa ran like a typical nigerian university. if atall u knw hw uni operate.
stop trying to be clever by half when at the end u r fooling ur self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by bilulu(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,
it is better to sell or privatise than for NNPC to be paying channels 19billion to be covering up for Buhari, it is better to privatize NNPC for transparency sake dan instead of awarding contracts illegally worth billions of dollars. has dis govt not been selling stuffs why haven't you written Wat you re writing now.... you guys are educated but still you allow those idiots politicians to think for you. why not think about how NNPC is being managed now and compare to if govt is the one controlling MTN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by MPESA(m): 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,

FRUITLESS MISSIONS ON PERSON OF ATIKU AND PDP.
BMC AND APC MEDIA MECHINERY CAN'T DECEIVE THE SANE NIGERIANS AGAIN .
NEVER AGAIN ! BUHARI IS A TOTAL FAILURE AND A MISTAKE EVERY NIGERIANS MUST COLLECTIVELY CORRECT IN 2019.
back to Daura is a goal.
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
ahmedkoded95:

Pastors will definitely go to hell.
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Bubu4Sea: 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

You've lost your anointing Sir. Something is telling me that you're lying Sir. I can no longer believe you Sir.

Was he ever anointed?

Pls watch this video and see that RCCG is not of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7RflrL2nk
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by Brunosamel(m): 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
When did osibanjo start lying like lei Mohammad

1 Like

Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by israelmao(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
How has it bettered the education system in Nigeria?
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by chiedu7: 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
Osagyefo98:
A pastor....a redeemed senior pastor.

Is this how osibanjo has deteriorated morally and spiritually?

I pray God find reasons and grace to grant him peace in eternity.

The man has always been fake
Re: Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo by ivandragon: 4:18am On Nov 28, 2018
with a bigger over all budget, it is only natural that proposed allocations across board would be higher. no suprise or magic here.

it's interesting that this administration can mention TETFund... TETFund in its current format was the brainchild of the PDP, & the present administration is pointing to it as one of the impact areas, yet they will be quick to say PDP did nothing for 16 years...

as bad as PDP was, they had effective plans, foresight & a clear road map...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Condemns Detention Of Social Media Critic Shola Over Criticism Of Kwara Govt / New Judge To Sign Igboho Aides’ Release Warrant Today / FG Suspends Approval For Construction Of New Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.