Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,985 members, 7,931,392 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:33 AM

Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? (826 Views)

Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by emmanuel90(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
I need advice.

I had a cryptocurrency transaction on the 20th of November 2018 with a particular user on localbitcoin.com
It was worth #105k and he paid me from an ecobank account and i comfirmed the funds as available in my gtb account before i released the biycoin to him.

Just 2 days ago, I noticed a disparity in my account and I contacted the bank. They told me I have a blocked fund of #105k that was reported as a fraudulent transactions and i will either have to contact the person to approve the funds or i refund the payment.

I don't have anything on the person except the name with which he transferred so I can't get in contact with him.

Both banks said there is nothing they can do about it unless I tell the person....
This person seem like a fraudster or maybe I was payrd with an hacked account....

But please I want someone more knowledgeable to tell me what my options are. I offered value for the money I was paid.

How can I get my funds unblocked on my account?
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by artworks1: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Which bank asked you to contact the sender GTB?

And what is the user name of the person on LB?
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by panini(m): 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Might it be possible to get evidence of the bitcoin transaction if it was done through the Blockchain network?

Also, make sure you record all your phone calls with the guy.

Is a criminal mind the standard thing now?
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by emmanuel90(m): 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
artworks1:
Which bank asked you to contact the sender GTB?

And what is the user name of the person on LB?

Yes Gtb told me to contact him....

Problem is on localbitcoin I did not request for contact details.
He just asked for my account number and he paid.

I confirmed the payment and released the Bitcoin but there was later problem with the money.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by emmanuel90(m): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
panini:
Might it be possible to get evidence of the bitcoin transaction if it was done through the Blockchain network?

Also, make sure you record all your phone calls with the guy.

Is a criminal mind the standard thing now?

I don't have his phone number....I haven't even been able to contact him
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by artworks1: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
emmanuel90:

Yes Gtb told me to contact him....

Problem is on localbitcoin I did not request for contact details.
He just asked for my account number and he paid.

I confirmed the payment and released the Bitcoin but there was later problem with the money.

Ok have you been able to contact him? I see no reason why money transferred would be stopped if there was no problem somewhere.
Contact him or give me his LB. Handle let me get to him.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by gale2626: 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Check out Zwerl, a knowledge sharing chat app. Answer live questions and receive rewards. Use my code JNHMGV when signing up. Click here for web: https://www.zwerl.com/refer?code=JNHMGV Click here for mobile: https://go.onelink.me/niTJ/referral
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by emmanuel90(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
artworks1:

Ok have you been able to contact him? I see no reason why money transferred would be stopped if there was no problem somewhere.
Contact him or give me his LB. Handle let me get to him.

I don't have his contact.

But this is his handle: raymondOdemene

I was told I can get a stamped statement of account at the bank and report at the EFCC who will now petition the bank.

Is this true?

Hope I don't get roped into any funny thing?
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by stagger: 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
emmanuel90:

I was told I can get a stamped statement of account at the bank and report at the EFCC who will now petition the bank.

Is this true?

If you transacted at LB, you should start from there by contacting them. They will now contact the fellow in question and you can take it from there.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by Grupo(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2018
This is a typical man in the middle fraud.

The person on LB probably scammed someone of that #105k. Now, the real owner of the money, having not received the service or produced for which he/she paid for, contacted their bank to place a hold on the money.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by Chijohn42k(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2018
Grupo:

The person on LB probably scammed someone of that #105k. Now, the real owner of the money, having not received the service or produced for which he/she paid for, contacted their bank to place a hold on the money.
your head dey dere, @OP next time verify the account detais b4 receiving any funds.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by Grupo(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Chijohn42k:
your head dey dere, @OP next time verify the account detais b4 receiving any funds.

I have fallen a victim before but mine was payoneer. The scammer told me to send funds to one American guy. After I did, he ran away. I contacted payoneer and payoneer established contact with the owner of the payoneer account. But the guy said he didn't do any business with a Nigerian.

Payoneer asked me which product or service I bought from the guy that he refused to deliver. This was because I told payoneer that I sent money to the account and the owner reneged on our agreement. I couldn't say anything tangible anymore because I was only trying to exchange my payoneer dollars, which isn't even legal according to payoneer T&C.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by Chijohn42k(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
Grupo:

I have fallen a victim before but mine was payoneer. The scammer told me to send funds to one American guy. After I did, he ran away. I contacted payoneer and payoneer established contact with the owner of the payoneer account. But the guy said he didn't do any business with a Nigerian.

Payoneer asked me which product or service I bought from the guy that he refused to deliver. This was because I told payoneer that I sent money to the account and the owner reneged on our agreement. I couldn't say anything tangible anymore because I was only trying to exchange my payoneer dollars, which isn't even legal according to payoneer T&C.

Sorry for the loss, Nobody is free from a scammer. I am once a victim.The most important is for each and everyone to read online about all their tactics.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by emmanuel90(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2018
Grupo:

But the person can be the one playing this trick.
Maybe he deliberately contacted the bank to seize the funds and he's just wa8ting it out for a reversal

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? Or What Do I Do? by artworks1: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
emmanuel90:

Is this true?

Petition the bank? Do you even know reasons why your account was placed on hold?

Raymond odemene sounds Benin; na their way. Well, if you really need the money, petition them but that's only if all your dealings are real

(1) (Reply)

Sales Of Stationery In Wholesale's And Retail / Tired Of Blowing Your Forex Account!revealed How You Make Money In Forex Daily / C.A.C Extends 50% Business Names Registration Discount Till 31st March, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.