Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” (2836 Views)

Is It Fulani Army Or Nigerian Army? I Need Clarification Please / Wike Vs Awara: "We Will Conduct Supplimentary Election In Rivers State" - INEC / Shiite Killings - Trump Blasts Nigerian Army "I Did Not Say Shoot". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2018
Governor Wike to Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “If” the Nigerian Army doesn’t want us to train them elsewhere and let them come to the government house to stop us. -Gov. Wike Reacting to the military invasion of the Neighbourhood Watch in Ahoada on 29/11/2018

Meanwhile in a statement by the Governor through his media aid he stated:

Governor Wike to Nigerian Army: You are now a political weapon against defenseless Nigerians

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that the Nigerian Army has been transformed into a political weapon that has abandoned her security responsibilities.

He stated that the disruption of the training of the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency Training programme by the Nigerian Army is the worst act of irresponsibility, aimed at instigating insecurity In the State.

He spoke at Odiokwu, Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State where he flagged off the construction of a Model Primary Healthcare Centre, Odiokwu Internal Roads, Odiokwu-Anwuigboko and Odiokwu-Oyigbo Roads on Thursday.

“The Army is not concerned about the killing of soldiers in Borno. They are only interested in creating insecurity in Rivers State.

“If you don’t want Rivers State to be safe, then Nigeria will not be safe. They want to use their guns against us”, he said.

more coming>>

My people Good People Of Nigeria, does this images look like militias as claimed by Nigeria Army and the APC in Rivers State your comments plz

More still coming>>>

The governor said that Zamfara and Kogi States have vigilante outfits which were commissioned by the Nigerian Army and the APC Federal Government. He wondered why the Nigerian Army would stoop so low to disrupt a legal training exercise.

“Zamfara and Kogi States have vigilante groups. They commissioned them and the Chief of Army Staff did nothing. The House of Assembly passed a law approving the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency. The Chief of Army did not challenge the law in court, but today he sent troops to invade the training camp”, he said.

The governor regretted that the Nigerian Army has been turned into an outfit to stoke insecurity in order to attract huge security votes.

He said: “The Army is the agency causing insecurity mainly to attract more security votes. They collected $1Billion from our excess crude account, yet our soldiers were killed.

“All they are doing is to intimidate people for political reasons. When you fight a state blessed by God, you will crumble. Nobody can intimidate us in Rivers State “.

Governor Wike said that the State Government worked with the Police, the DSS and other Federal Agencies to ensure that only law-abiding citizens are recruited by the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency.

“We did not hire boys for political reasons. This has been a transparent process and that is why the personnel are trained at the NYSC Orientation Camp at Nonwa.

“We involved the Police and the DSS to ensure that the trainees are profiled for the good of the society. The main aim of this agency assist the security agencies with intelligence and information since there is a lacuna in this regard “, he said.

Governor Wike declared that the State Government will continue with the training. He said all the antics of the Nigerian Army will not deter the government and people of Rivers State.

“No one man has been a Chief of Army Staff forever. Every job has an expiry date. When Buratai leaves office, he will be held to account for his illegal actions.

“If they stop the training elsewhere, personnel of the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency will be trained at the Government House Port Harcourt “, the governor said.

On Thursday, Hundreds of soldiers armed with armoured personnel vehicles invaded the training camp of the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency, injuring several trainees.The training camp is located at Nonwa in Tai Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

29th November, 2019.

source: https://www.holygist.com/governor-wike-to-nigerian-army-i-will-conduct-the-training-in-govt-house-if/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2018
The army should be more concerned about boko haram right now and leave armless civilians alone
They're not breaking any law .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by magoo10(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2018
When you hear the military storm neighbour hood watch training camp you will think it is sambisa forest that they are storming. That is where their match resides

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by IamD18: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2018
The moment the post a Nigerian army to Sambisa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by authehighness: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2018
nigeria army has been reduced to armed boys scout,only good in killing armless citizen,what a shame

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by tesppidd: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2018
All of these were done to Amaechi through Wike and Mbu.

Stop crying and face the consequences of your acts against Amaechi.

If you like train them in government house,

Let's see how they will operate.

They will end up as Government house watch.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2018
tesppidd:

After every tin we would stil vote in Wike as our Governor in 2019

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2018
What of hisbah police where is the military in there case

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by johnmartus(m): 9:30am On Nov 30, 2018
Oh really Nigeria army should start preparing.
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 9:32am On Nov 30, 2018
They know that already but one can easily sense that they use these select soldiers to perform their backstage schemes. Nigeria needs reformatin
NaijaRoyalty:
The army should be more concerned about boko haram right now and leave armless civilians alone
They're not breaking any law .

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2018
Haha, what makes you think so?
tesppidd:

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 9:34am On Nov 30, 2018
Only God knows
Nigeriabiafra80:
What of hisbah police where is the military in there case
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2018
but why are we not thinking about the well being of the state? it is the state first before political party. Plss
holygist:
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by tesppidd: 10:00am On Nov 30, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
After every tin we would stil vote in Wike as our Governor in 2019
and he will continue to lament everyday for the next 4 years as he has done since his past 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 10:13am On Nov 30, 2018
So is that a good reason to continue in the circle? we should grow up and make the real chance we promised the people. so now who is better? when you claim what the other people did was wrong and they gave you an opportunity and now you are doing worse.
holygist:
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by feddis(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2018
When a lifeless rt general govern s the military, this is the outcome.
Nigerian army now does the domestic duties of the police.
Buhari is a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by Willy7(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2018
tesppidd:
and he will continue to lament everyday for the next 4 years as he has done since his past 4 years.
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by MICHAELC55(m): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
I wonder what is going on in Nigeria,
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nigeria will get better with time
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by Olatunji1929: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
That was the reason i didnt pity those animals when they got slaughtered like cows by boko niggas my only regret is buratai son was not at the camp in metele that day

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by bossvinqualad25(m): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
if u are need of durable ,quality cars,am here to give u d best ,make ur December a memorable one with our cars,check my signature for my details
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by jude79(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Olatunji1929:
That was the reason i didnt pity those animals when they got slaughtered like cows by boko niggas my only regret is buratai son was not at the camp in metele that day

APC wants to rig the election using military and paramilitary outfits. if wike succeeds with his state corps, he will block their rigging machinery. if u know, u know.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
We have to keep our eyes watching
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by phemmyutd(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
And they will be arrested when sited after training
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by Socialmediageek: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
This is the reason while state police may never work.

Wike is fearless
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
My brother, politics aside; neighbourhood Watch is good for the peace and progress of the state, except you are not a true Rivers man or you don't live in rivers then you can say this thing you are saying.
phemmyutd:
And they will be arrested when sited after training
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
Socialmediageek:
This is the reason while state police may never work.

Wike is fearless

With a good legislative system, it would work. But a lot has to be done to our leadership process.
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by holygist: 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
But come to think of it, Are we doing all the things we are doing now solely because of elections?
jude79:

APC wants to rig the election using military and paramilitary outfits. if wike succeeds with his state corps, he will block their rigging machinery. if u know, u know.
Re: Governor Wike To Nigerian Army: I Will Conduct The Training In Gov’t House “if” by phemmyutd(m): 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2018
holygist:
My brother, politics aside; neighbourhood Watch is good for the peace and progress of the state, except you are not a true Rivers man or you don't live in rivers then you can say this thing you are saying.

I am not a River Man and I know Rivers state is not secured.

But as good as neighborhood watch is, anything call security must be approved by National Security Service Department.
Wike should tell us if these was approved by FG

If Wike think he can train them anywhere, will they be working inside government house?
If they step outside without an approval by National body, they will be picked up.
He should follow the process.

#Opposition is not Madness

(1) (Reply)

The Letter That Show How Ojukwu Killed Victor Adebanjo. / Obaseki Denied Access To Buhari, PDP Opens Door For Him. / My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.