Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

Help With Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Windows 10 (2042 Views)

Pls Help With Windows 10 Pro Activation / Done With Windows 10 Updates!! / Get Direct UK Used Apple Macbook With Windows Installed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2018
I just got windows 10 disk from alaba, and i need guide in installing it. i want to do a clean installation, so, i'm comfortable with losing my files. someone should pls guide me.

im currently on windows 7 nd these are my pc's specs: core i3 2.56ghz 3120m, 4gb ram
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2018
1. Insert the disk, restart the pc, on booting, you'll see press any key. . .
2. Press any key, then follow the instructions. A clean installation means you want to format before installation, so format then continue
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2018
Nduxx:
1. Insert the disk, restart the pc, on booting, you'll see press any key. . .
2. Press any key, then follow the instructions. A clean installation means you want to format before installation, so format then continue
is dat all? i thought they said windows 10 requires an activation key of some sort?
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mustiboy:
is dat all? i thought they said windows 10 requires an activation key of some sort?
You're gonna need an activator app, but that's after installing it
Re: Help With Windows 10 by polimaf(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mustiboy:
Is it only windows 10 disk you bought? did you buy driver pack? did you buy windows activator?
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
polimaf:
Is it only windows 10 disk you bought? did you buy driver pack? did you buy windows activator?
no. what will i need them for?
Re: Help With Windows 10 by polimaf(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mustiboy:
no. what will i need them for?
Without those, you can't enjoy your laptop. cos you will need to drive video and WiFi, and USB etc
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2018
polimaf:
Without those, you can't enjoy your laptop. cos you will need to drive video and WiFi, and USB etc
thank god am yet 2 start d installation. ill go get it. thanks
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Greatzeus(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
polimaf:
You just ended up confusing the guy without no reasonable advice.Are you on Windows 10? Did you buy activator ? Like seriously? Just shut up let those who have idea talk.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Greatzeus(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mustiboy:
I just got windows 10 disk from alaba, and i need guide in installing it. i want to do a clean installation, so, i'm comfortable with losing my files. someone should pls guide me.

im currently on windows 7 nd these are my pc's specs: core i3 2.56ghz 3120m, 4gb ram
Forget all those comments above and follow these easy simple steps. Some people have no ideas,they probably never use Windows 10 or never installed it themselves.
There are three parts to installation,pre installation, installation and post installation.
Pre installation:
1. You will need a Windows 10 CD
2. You will need Ms tool kit to permanently activate windows ( I have the latest,I will send it to you later).
3. You will lose all your files so get an external HDD and copy the files you need to it.
4. You will lose some drivers,so you must download them beforehand. To do this,use this example,go to Google and type.
" Video driver for Dell e6510"
"Audio driver for Dell e6510"
WiFi driver for Dell e6510"
Replace the Dell e 6510 with the name and model of your laptop. Click on the link that has your laptop manufacturer website eg www. Dell.com/ driver/ download.
5. After download safe them in a HDD or memory card,not on PC cos you will format during installation.
Note: when I installed win 10 on my PC,Dell e6510, I only downloaded video driver because both audio and wifi were installed automatically.
Installation:
1. Insert the win 10 CD into your PC and restart,as it is booting be pressing f12 until you see, preparing boot menu.
2. On boot menu,it list different boot menu, select boot from CD/DVD/external drive .
3. Windows 10 CD will start to by asking you to press any key if you want to continue installation,press any key.
4. From here, follow the prompts. Select fresh/ custom installation. Do not select upgrade.
5. From here just read what's on screen and press next, windows will do its thing and restart.
6. When completed,it will bring you to desktop, with poor display.( This is because video driver is absent)
Post installation:
Install Ms tool kit( I will send you pictures of how to install it's simple)
Install missing drivers.
You are good to go.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by polimaf(m): 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
Greatzeus:

You just ended up confusing the guy without no reasonable advice.Are you on Windows 10? Did you buy activator ? Like seriously? Just shut up let those who have idea talk.
Who be this one? just cos you manage save your feeding allowances to buy phone, you think you can just type rubbish, just to gain what?

When you format your laptop with just an installation Cd, you will end up with just a system that might not play your video well, WiFi may not work, etc...

you need the other softwares too.

I don't even know I replied this mofo..

Omo jatijati, Goan get a life jobless cow.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by polimaf(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
Greatzeus:

Forget all those comments above and follow these easy simple steps. Some people have no ideas,they probably never use Windows 10 or never installed it themselves.
There are three parts to installation,pre installation, installation and post installation.
Pre installation:
1. You will need a Windows 10 CD
2. You will need Ms tool kit to permanently activate windows ( I have the latest,I will send it to you later).
3. You will lose all your files so get an external HDD and copy the files you need to it.
4. You will lose some drivers,so you must download them beforehand. To do this,use this example,go to Google and type.
" Video driver for Dell e6510"
"Audio driver for Dell e6510"
WiFi driver for Dell e6510"
Replace the Dell e 6510 with the name and model of your laptop. Click on the link that has your laptop manufacturer website eg www. Dell.com/ driver/ download.
5. After download safe them in a HDD or memory card,not on PC cos you will format during installation.
Note: when I installed win 10 on my PC,Dell e6510, I only downloaded video driver because both audio and wifi were installed automatically.
Installation:
1. Insert the win 10 CD into your PC and restart,as it is booting be pressing f12 until you see, preparing boot menu.
2. On boot menu,it list different boot menu, select boot from CD/DVD/external drive .
3. Windows 10 CD will start to by asking you to press any key if you want to continue installation,press any key.
4. From here, follow the prompts. Select fresh/ custom installation. Do not select upgrade.
5. From here just read what's on screen and press next, windows will do its thing and restart.
6. When completed,it will bring you to desktop, with poor display.( This is because video driver is absent)
Post installation:
Install Ms tool kit( I will send you pictures of how to install it's simple)
Install missing drivers.
You are good to go.
did you see how far your foolishness has brought you?

did he tell you he's using dell? they taught you in your own formatting school that all system enters boot option with f12?

ode!!! Having a driver pack will save you the stress of downloading those drivers online.

next time, study to be quiet.

1 Like

Re: Help With Windows 10 by polimaf(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mustiboy:
thank god am yet 2 start d installation. ill go get it. thanks
Post your laptop name and model, so you can get info on how to enter boot option.

or better still, go to bios settings on your laptop and look for boot option, use f6 to move dvd Rom to the top, press f10 to save and exit.

ensure your installation disk is inside the dvd Rom.

your system will restart, afterwards allow it to show a prompt: press any key to.....

press any key and wait for the windows logo to load.

is your system x86 or x64?

choose windows 10 enterprise x64 if it's a x64 machine.

let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Help With Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
polimaf:
Who be this one? just cos you manage save your feeding allowances to buy phone, you think you can just type rubbish, just to gain what?

When you format your laptop with just an installation Cd, you will end up with just a system that might not play your video well, WiFi may not work, etc...

you need the other softwares too.

I don't even know I replied this mofo..

Omo jatijati, Goan get a life jobless cow.

grin grin grin
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
greatzeus
such an intelligible explanation u've gt up there. i really appreciate.
my pc is toshiba c55-a. hw much data should i get in place 4 d ms installation and drivers? thanks
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
polimaf:
did you see how far your foolishness has brought you?

did he tell you he's using dell? they taught you in your own formatting school that all system enters boot option with f12?

ode!!! Having a driver pack will save you the stress of downloading those drivers online.

next time, study to be quiet.
No need 4 d this pls. lets behave
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2018
polimaf:
Post your laptop name and model, so you can get info on how to enter boot option.

or better still, go to bios settings on your laptop and look for boot option, use f6 to move dvd Rom to the top, press f10 to save and exit.

ensure your installation disk is inside the dvd Rom.

your system will restart, afterwards allow it to show a prompt: press any key to.....

press any key and wait for the windows logo to load.

is your system x86 or x64?

choose windows 10 enterprise x64 if it's a x64 machine.

let me know if you get stuck somewhere.
my laptop is toshiba c55-a, nd d architecture is 64bit. THANKS
Re: Help With Windows 10 by aloeman15(m): 4:42am On Dec 02, 2018
Mustiboy:
my laptop is toshiba c55-a, nd d architecture is 64bit. THANKS
unless ur HDD is an ssd, avoid win10.
it destroys disks.
Google is ur friend.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 5:44am On Dec 02, 2018
aloeman15:
unless ur HDD is an ssd, avoid win10. it destroys disks. Google is ur friend.
greatzeus, how true is this?
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Greatzeus(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2018
Mustiboy:
greatzeus, how true is this?
To my own understanding,this is a bull crap and big lie. PC manufacturers have dished out many laptops and desktop computers with sata HDD pre installed with Windows 10. If it's true,why will they keep doing that.
Besides windows 10 is an O.S,bunch of codes,it can't destroy HDD,HDD deteriorate with usage and time,how fast it does now depends on quality of the drive.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Greatzeus(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
Mustiboy:
greatzeus
such an intelligible explanation u've gt up there. i really appreciate.
my pc is toshiba c55-a. hw much data should i get in place 4 d ms installation and drivers? thanks
You mean data to download the Windows 10 O.S and drivers? Why would you want to download the O.S of almost 5gb ,when you can buy the CD for N200?
Note,if you have wireless access eg spectranet that gives huge data bonus,you can download the O.S,it's good because you will download the latest build. But if you use the CD,it's likely the CD was done years ago, meaning,it won't be the latest build. You will have to update windows 10 after installation.
If you don't have data of about 4.5gb to use for downloading windows 10, buy the CD,install and update little by little with the data you have.
For drivers,from my experience, many drivers are installed automatically in windows 10 except video driver,lan driver and fingerprint,even camera driver is installed automatically, unlike on Windows 7.
But to be safer, download video driver, wifi,lan for your PC, Driver pack is good but they are mostly out of date. Also driver pack is useful for Windows XP, and 7 because drivers are not installed automatically,you will have to install many lost drivers after installation, unlike windows 10.
Data needed to download drivers shouldn't be much,you can't use more than 400mb for all. I save all the drivers I downloaded in case I need it in the future.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mosesoly(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
Mustiboy:

bring it to F621 at alaba,we will help you install it for a token
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2018
tank u very much bro, will update u once am done[quote author=Greatzeus post=73486913]
You mean data to download the Windows 10 O.S and drivers? Why would you want to download the O.S of almost 5gb ,when you can buy the CD for N200?
Note,if you have wireless access eg spectranet that gives huge data bonus,you can download the O.S,it's good because you will download the latest build. But if you use the CD,it's likely the CD was done years ago, meaning,it won't be the latest build. You will have to update windows 10 after installation.
If you don't have data of about 4.5gb to use for downloading windows 10, buy the CD,install and update little by little with the data you have.
For drivers,from my experience, many drivers are installed automatically in windows 10 except video driver,lan driver and fingerprint,even camera driver is installed automatically, unlike on Windows 7.
But to be safer, download video driver, wifi,lan for your PC, Driver pack is good but they are mostly out of date.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by debaj10: 2:17am On Dec 03, 2018
Greatzeus:

To my own understanding,this is a bull crap and big lie. PC manufacturers have dished out many laptops and desktop computers with sata HDD pre installed with Windows 10. If it's true,why will they keep doing that.
Besides windows 10 is an O.S,bunch of codes,it can't destroy HDD,HDD deteriorate with usage and time,how fast it does now depends on quality of the drive.
are these true?

See You in Court! Lawsuit Says Microsoft Knew Windows 10 'Potentially Harmful' - Sputnik

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://sputniknews.com/science/201703281052039454-microsoft-windows-10-lawsuit/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiM38zwvILfAhVBhqQKHehODoEQFjAOegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3mpHuttyMAGxTo83RYFSXA.

Microsoft says it fixed a Windows 10 update bug that deleted folders - Engadget.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/09/windows-10-october-update-missing-folders/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiM38zwvILfAhVBhqQKHehODoEQFjANegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2DS4qC5jOjgP8Eik7sGOYP
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Gbengageorge: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2018
Na wah o, all this show of shame on top free service. Shior.
Re: Help With Windows 10 by Mustiboy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
greatzeus. I've successfully installed the windows 10 and my battery now lasts longer. thank you.
but I'm having a problem with my vram as it has reduced from 64mb to 32mb. my pes 2017 now lags. please, what can I do?

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest And Reliable Voice Call/robocall, Bulk SMS Service Provider In Nigeria. / Multilinks 3g Or Starcomms Izap ? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.