Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,744 members, 7,889,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:10 AM

Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court (13224 Views)

Bobrisky Pleads Guilty, Convicted By Court For Abusing Naira / DNA: Ronke Odusanya’s ‘Baby Daddy’ Olanrewaju Saheed Jago Wanted By Court (Pics) / Tonto Dikeh Faces Custody Palaver By Court Action Over Neglect Of Son In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by FlirtyGist: 5:16am On Dec 02, 2018
Actress, Ebere Ohakwe, better known as Jewel Infinity, has said she has yet to get her compensation from the Nigerian Army.

After being assaulted by an army officer identified as Sulaiman Olamilekan in February 2017, Ohakwe dragged the army before the court. Last month, a Federal High Court, sitting in Port Harcourt, ordered the Nigerian Army to pay the sum of N1, 250,000 and publish a written apology in at least two national dailies to the actress.

Speaking to Sunday Scoop, the actress said she was yet to get any compensation from the military. She said, “I am yet to speak with my lawyer, but I think he knows what to do and the next step to take. I am happy with the outcome of the case in court.”

Ohakwe said she didn’t intend to take the military to court initially but she was abandoned and different lies were told to the public. She added, “At first, I didn’t want to take them to court though I was suffering serious pains and I couldn’t do anything for seven months due to the injuries I sustained. The military told a lot of lies about me. They gave the public the impression that they were sorry and that they had supported me, but they didn’t do anything. I am not happy fighting the government.”

According to her, when she hired a lawyer, she wasn’t afraid that the soldiers would inflict more pains on her. She said, “I didn’t care about death anymore. During my recovery, I lost everything and the desire to act again. I had to sell my car because things went bad. Also, my mother fell sick and I couldn’t take care of her. The incident happened in January 2017 and I lost my mother in December of that same year. I am not saying the military killed her, but I wasn’t able to take care of her because I became broke.”

While admitting that she was taken to a private hospital by the army after being battered, the actress said they told her never to disclose the issue to anyone. She added, “But they didn’t know I had already told a blogger friend. The army officer used an iron rod on me; he said I was gossiping about him.

“Though my bones were not affected, I sustained serious injuries. A part of my leg was lifeless for a long time and I was told I had internal bleeding. I couldn’t fight back as he was with a gun. I was screaming and people were begging on my behalf, but they didn’t listen. They even threatened people that wanted to help with guns.

News from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/military-yet-to-pay-me-n1-25m-as-ordered-by-court-ebere-ohakwe

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by FlirtyGist: 5:16am On Dec 02, 2018
News loading
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by GOFRONT(m): 6:35am On Dec 02, 2018
And Xmas is near

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by duduade: 7:13am On Dec 02, 2018
And this country is just a Shiiittthole

So untop all these damages you still fighting for 1.25million

Please increase that money

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by GistmoreNG: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2018
sad
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Bossontop(m): 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2018
undecided
When buhari is busy flouting court orders upadan u expect d military not to do same??

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by magoo10(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
If it was to shoot live bullets at unharmed protesters they would have obeyed it since.

2 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by obaataaokpaewu: 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
If only she knows how much the FG(police,army,dss,ndlea,customs etc) is owing based on court pronouncements, she should just stay in line and wait for her turn grin
I doubt if NDLEA has even paid Baba Suwe sef embarassed

31 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
I need 3 sure odd to invest on.
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by valboyz2010(m): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
nigeria Army never see money buy gun fight Boko Haram na to give u u jam rock

3 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by delegiwa55: 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2018
grin
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by seunlly(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2018
See this one.
You don Jones.
Where military no see money buy weapon, make dem con dey give you 1.2m.

OYO lowa

3 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by bugsinbad: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
Tell ur lawyer to do the needful .
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by allanphash7(m): 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
Go back to court
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
It's turn by turn.... Your time never reachgringrin
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by allanphash7(m): 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
Over 8.5 corners for inter milan game
Lazio win straight
Viktoria plzan win straight
Red star win half time

Thank me later
dancok:
I need 3 sure odd to invest on.

2 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by lesbiconverter: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
grin
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
sorry oh!
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Onlinealaba(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
who else think this girl is in for a long wait.. lol FG doesn't have any record of adequate compensation and court injunction

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2018
allanphash7:
Over 8.5 corners for inter milan game Lazio win straight Viktoria plzan win straight Red star win half time

Thank me later
correct, thanks, expect me when it comes.
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by allanphash7(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
You gotta smile to the bank

Believe
dancok:
correct, thanks, expect me when it comes.

1 Like

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Pavore9: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
If ever they are going to pay, it is certainly not soonest.
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by KanwuliaMama: 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
Still on the useless Nigerian Army! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by lastempero: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
My sister forget about the money ooo,u see police,army na the last people for naija that will obey court order talk more of paying damages.

2 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Corrinthians(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2018
This isn't right. They should pay her asap. sad

3 Likes

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by Perience(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
If anybody comment anyhow about the army here i will personally deal with you... Gat dat!!!!
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by bizhop01: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2018
Keep on waiting, especially a country like nigeria president don't respect court order.
Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by olawooro: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2018
Useless army. All what they know to do is to be flexing muscles with the civilians. And that is a sign of weakness and cowardice because any soldier that harass a civilian is weak and coward. It is good as they suffered humiliation from boko haram.

To Nigerian soldiers, the fear of boko haram is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Ebere Ohakwe: Military yet to pay me N1.25M as ordered by court by bigcasava1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
FlirtyGist:

News from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/military-yet-to-pay-me-n1-25m-as-ordered-by-court-ebere-ohakwe

useless soilder if na bokoharam now them run throway their guns, na only civilians them go deh power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Psychologists Say People Born In These Following Months / 'Women Dissing Women Is The Reason They Are Their Own Problem' - Tonto Dikeh / Chinedu Ikedieze (AKI) And His Beautiful Daughter! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.