Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

If Only She Knew - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If Only She Knew (8168 Views)

Interesting Facts I Bet You Never Knew - About How To Smoke Without A Lighter / THE LIFE NO ONE EVER KNEW [SAMPLE] / 10 Life Lessons I Wish I Knew In My 20s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Only She Knew by Robbin7(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2018
LightQueen:
I'm here now undecided
Welcome back.
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2018
Robbin7:

Welcome back.
Thanks smiley
Re: If Only She Knew by Ann2012(f): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
Update oooo
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEW * * CHAPTER 14 They managed to sell some of the furnitures and looked for a house to rent. It was one roomed. There was no furniture just a matress to sleep on. They now used a prim stove to cook. It had been two days since they left Mrs Stick’s house. Chloe’s condition hadn’t changed. “There is no improvement. She is getting worse like everyday,” said the doctor when Andrew had visited her. “Are you saying my daughter is going to die?” “All I can say is pray that we find a donor.” Everyday he visited her. Since he had no job and used a bicycle to go to the hospital. He tried finding a job but couldn’t get one. Early in the morning he woke up and prepared breakfast for his son. “Your breakfast is ready son. Why are you dressed as if you going to herd cattle?” he said teasingly. “Dad, seriously. How can you say such thing? It’s so funny you taught me how to fix a tie but still I struggle a lot. Mum us..,” he stopped at midsentence. “Your mum used to fix it for you. I know I miss her too. I miss her food, smile and the way she laughed. She was one big hell of a person.” “You can say that again dad. Remember that day when we slept late watching soccer with her,” said Calvin smilingly trying to fix his tie. “Oh yes I remember. She got mad at us when her team lost. She had to switch off the television for us not to finish our game,” said Andrew polishing his son’s shoes sitting on a bucket. “A drama queen she was.” “Indeed she was. I can’t believe we talking about her. But dad. Is love always like that? After what happened between you and mum. I am scared to get married. Gosh this tie.” “Let me help you with that. Seems we need to go back to those lessons again,” he took the tie. “You see son. Your mum and I might have divorced but that doesn’t mean it will happen to you.” He looked great in his white button down shirt, tucked into a navy blue trousers with black shoes. “You know I can almost pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming,” he said to his father after he fixed his tie for him. He nearly broke down and cried, that’s how happy he was. His father had bought him a new uniform. “Thank you, dad. You sold your laptop just to buy me a uniform. I promise to work hard,” he said and hugged him. “I am grown up please. Don’t make me cry. You my son and I can do anything for you. It’s such a pity Chloe isn’t here. By the way,” he took his wallet from his pocket. “Money for taxi and lunch. You don’t have to walk today.” “No, dad. Use that to take a taxi to the hospital.”

1 Like

Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
“No no remember I have got a bicycle. You take it. Mr Headmaster.” They both laughed. “It’s good to see you smile dad. You got me worried that time I saw you drinking,” he grabbed his bag from the chair. “I hope you won’t drink again. Anyway let me go to school. I will see you later big man,” he walked to the door. “Say hie to my daughter-in law.” “Dad!” “What!” He smiled at him. It made him very happy seeing his son in a good mood. He cleaned the room and later cycled to the hospital. At first it was not easy but he got used to it. It was around eleven when he arrived at the hospital. The doctor allowed him to see Chloe. Thinking that he could hold his tears. He started crying seeing his daughter lying on the bed. He sat on the chair and held her hand. He remembered the times he used to rock her to sleep while a lullaby toy would be playing quietly. He would wait until she was in a deep sleep before putting her down. By the time she was 13 months, not only could she sleep comfortably out of his arms and without feeding through her naps. “You would have a quick feed when we got into the bedroom. Then roll away and explore, play, roll and climb,” he went on. “After a while you would lay down and go to sleep. One of us would always lay down next to you. Sometimes you would come and cuddle up to us,” he wiped the tears. “I miss you my princess. Daddy miss you and guess what. I bought you another dolly. Her name is Sofia the first. Hang in there my princess,” he kissed her on the cheek. He said a prayer and got out of the room. He passed by the market and bought some tomatoes and onions. He headed back home. He sat in the house, waiting for his son. It was five and he hadn’t shown up. He quickly called his class teacher. “Mr Kasonde. My son hasn’t shown up home. Is he still at school?” asked Andrew worriedly. “No, sir. We dismissed them around one so they can have time to study,” responded Mr Kasonde “Ohhh. Thank you!” He hanged up the call. “Where is he?” He waited for him. Hours passed. He kept pacing up and down the room hoping that he would show up. His phone rang deep in his thoughts making him jump on his feet. It was around 10pm. “Hello!” he quickly responded. “Is this Mr Andrew?” “Yes yes it is. Who is this?” “Officer Mildred Ncube from, Sauerstown Police station.” “What can I do for you?” “It is about your son.” “What about him?” asked Andrew nervously “You better come to the station,” she said and hanged up.]
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEW * * CHAPTER 15 “Drugs?!” he shouted throwing the keys on the matress. “What were you thinking?” After he was found in possession of drugs. Calvin was arrested. It was early in the morning when they let him out. “I am sorry, dad,” he apologised facing down. “You are sorry? I had to sleep outside the police station when they refused to let you out because I had no money to pay them,” he spoke hands on his waist. “I had to beg them to let you go. Do you know what I did so they can let you out?” “No!” “I had to clean their toilets, clean the offices. I couldn’t let them beat you up. You still writing your exams. Instead of studying. You busy selling drugs,” he spoke loudly and angrily. Never in his life had he been so angry with his son. He was even shocked being told that he was found in possessions of drugs. “No no officer. My son doesn’t do drugs.” “He is going to spend long time in jail,” said the officer. “Please, I beg you. I will take his place. He is still writing his final exams.” “When he was selling drugs. He didn’t think about exams. Did he?” “It was a mistake. I promise you if you let him go. He won’t repeat the same thing again. I will do anything, just let my son go.” After pleading with the officer on duty. He decided to release Calvin early in the morning . Conditions that Andrew cleans the toilet at the station. “Where did you get those drugs?” he asked “I I I….” “You what? Don’t even dare try to lie to me.” “Uncle Kuda, gave it to me.” “Kuda! What the hell were you doing with him? How long have you been doing this?” “It was just yesterday. It was my first time. I wanted to give you something. Only I was happy that you bought me a new uniform. Words were not enough so I wanted to buy a gift. I was very desperate and I needed the money,” he wiped the tears. Andrew didn’t say anything and hugged his son. “My poor boy. You don’t need to buy me gifts sonny. Make me happy and proud by passing. I want you to be a good man. Never get involved with bad people. Selling drugs and taking alcohol,” he kissed him on the forehead. “I forgive you but you grounded. After school come straight home and study. Are we together?” He smiled at him. “Yes, sir. I was scared that you were going to beat me up.” “No no I know you are a very good kid. I will never lay hands on my children. I talk to them nicely with no violence. Anyway I need to go somewhere. Money for bread Its in my wallet,” he took his hat. “I will see you later.” “Okay, dad.” He walked out of the house, took his bicycle. He needed to go and see him. After two hours cycling. He reached his house. He barged in without knocking. He was sitting on the sofa puffing up smoke. “What the h…!” he stopped at midsentence after Andrew pulled him to his feet, almost tearing his collar. He punched him on the face. “What the hell man? Are you crazy?” “Yes I am,” he clenched his fist. “I am so mad at you right now Kuda. What is wrong with you? Calvin is 16 years old and you giving him drugs to sell.” Kuda burst out laughing. This made Andrew angry even more. He made step close to him and hit him in the stomach.

1 Like

Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
Kuda burst out laughing. This made Andrew angry even more. He made step close to him and hit him in the stomach. Later they had sat down together. Andrew handed the ice to Kuda. “Thanks! When did you learn boxing?” “Movies!” responded Andrew. “I am sorry man for punching you.” “I deserved it. I don’t know what got into me. I wish I had a son also. You are a good father Andrew. I am proud of you and salute you,” said Kuda. “You can be a good father as well. It doesn’t suit you to be a drug dealer. There is so much you can do out there without having the police on your back.” “I guess you right but this is my way of making money. You know I didn’t do well at school.” “You can do something else. Anyway man I have to get going. I am so tired. I slept at the station and now I have to go and visit my daughter at the hospital,” he sat up. “I am sorry about your daughter. I will come and visit her,” he said walking him to the door. “A bicycle! “What about it?” “Hmmm nothing. Nice car you got.” They both laughed. “Crazy you. Let me drive I mean cycle,” said Andrew. “Close the windows,” said Kuda laughingly. “I will get you one day Kuda aka Buffaro or is it Buffalo.” He later cycled heading back home. Even though Kuda was a gangster. Andrew still saw him as his friend. He just wanted his friend to leave the criminal life. He knew it would end up bad for him. He was cycling when he noticed a woman on the other side of the road standing by her car. He passed by her but later went back. “Are you okay madam?” he asked getting close to her. “No! It’s this car!” she kicked the tyre. “Be careful not to break your leg. What happened?” “I am having problems starting the engine. I parked so I could answer a phone call and now it does not want to start. I am late for a meeting. I have investors coming from Canada and if I lose this deal. My dad will kill me,” she said with a worried look on his face. “Let me see what is wrong,” he said opening the car hood.

1 Like

Re: If Only She Knew by Ann2012(f): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the update OP
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2018
OP tanks for the update

Happy Sunday to you all
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
skubido:
OP tanks for the update

Happy Sunday to you all
same to u o
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
Well done undecided
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEW HAPTER 16 “The vehicle is completely fine other than a battery that’s acting up,” he said closing the car hood. “Really?” “Yes! Car batteries are probably the most volatile component in the car and it doesn’t take much for them to go bad. They only have a shelf life of few years and they will die quicker because of things like disuse, corrosion and faulty connections,” he picked his bicycle. “Just make sure you get a good quality battery and make sure you keep your ports clean from corrosion and firmly connected. You can go and start the car now.” “Okay!” she responded She got inside the car and started it. “Oh my goodness!” she exclaimed getting out. “Thank you very much. It worked. I don’t know how you did it. You sure are a good mechanic. I will think about buying a new battery or another car,” she said smilingly. “You better get going.” “Oh yes. Wait,” she took her purse. “Thank you,” she handed him the money. “Oh no no no madam. You don’t need to pay me.” “Please take it.” “No, I can’t take it.” His phone rang and it was Kuda. “What is it again?” “Geez man. I have a friend of mine who is a manager at a hotel. He needs a security guard,” said Kuda. “When?” “Today. I will come and pick you up at your house around five.” “Okay, no problem. See you later then,” he hanged up. “Sorry, a friend,” his eyes on her. “No, it’s okay.” “I better get going madam. So long,” he got on his bike and left the lady. She watched him as he cycled. She got inside the car and drove off . She parked the car at the garage, entered the office running. “Miss Shania!” called out the secretary. “Not now Faith. I am late. Are they in?” “They called, meeting postponed,” she said trailing behind. “After my hard work,” she opened the door. “What was the reason?” she sat on the chair. “Well Mr Aaron isn’t feeling well.” “That old man, aways sick.” Faith laughed. “What are you laughing at?” “Sorry, Miss.” “Could you bring me a cup of coffee please. I need to call my dad if you will excuse me,” she said grabbing her phone on the table. “Okay!” She dialled his number. “Dad!” “My princess!” “The old man is sick again. They had to postpone the meeting.” “Well. I have some good news for you,” he said. “Whats that?” “The Minister’s son. I have invited him for dinner at our hotel. He is coming. So I was ho…” “Hoping that I will come and meet him,” he cut him short. “No problem and just as you know Mr Steve Johnson. That dude is not my type.” “I know but get to know him first.” “Okay. I will come even though I don’t like him. He is so not my type. Far from being the perfect guy” “Okay, bye. I love you.” “Me too dad!” It was around 7pm when the driver parked the limo at the hotel. She walked inside dressed in a black mini dress. She looked divine. He looked at her and smiled. “If it isn’t Miss Shania,” he said getting up and gave her a hug. He pulled the chair for her and she sat down. Sitting on the table was her father, step mother, the minister and his wife and son. A waiter stepped forward, offering a glass of champagne and Shania took it. They ate and their parents left leaving the two all alone. “Your hotel is beautiful,” he said as they entered one of the rooms. “Thanks. I usually sleep here,” she said sitting on the bed. She sat next to him but could feel her watching him. “You sleep here and I will go and sleep in another room,” she said grabbing her bag. She was about to walk to the door when he grabbed her hand and pulled her close to his chest. “What are you doing?” she asked. “Where are you going? Are we not going to share the bed?” “What!” “Come on Shania. Stop pretending. I know you want me.” Shania burst out laughing. “Want you? What makes you think that? Listen Roy. We might have attended the same University. Our dads are like best friends but you not my type. I know you being a player. You think you deserve me,” she said. He inhaled deeply. “I have changed now and sooner or later. You going to be my wife,” he pushed her against the wall. “Stop! You hurting me.” “If you think our parents went home leaving us alone to talk. You going to wish you had gone with daddy. Daddy’s little girl.” “You are drunk!” “I had cocaine.” He looked at her lips, full and kissable. Fire leapt to life deep within him, a ferocious burning need to take to take her straight to his bed. He pushed her on the bed and forgot to lock the door. He removed his belt. “I want you Shani. D–n girl I have always wanted you. Your drive me insane,” he started kissing her holding her hands tightly. “Stop it!” she shouted. She tried fighting but he had more power than her. He ripped his dress off leaving her in a lingerie. “Please, don’t do this,” she pleaded “I can’t. I want you.” He strong armed her in a real way. He physically wanted to force himself on her, when he barged in the room. “Hey!” he shouted knocking him down with a punch. He lay on the floor unconscious. “Are you okay?” he asked Shania, who lay on the bed.

SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng/if-only-she-knew-part-17/

1 Like

Re: If Only She Knew by Ann2012(f): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
Who barged in ooooo

OP tanks for the update
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
F ONLY I KNEW * * CHAPTER 17 “Take me home please,” said the terrified Shania tears streaming down on her face. He took his jacket and gave it to her. He walked out of the room, his hands on her shoulders. “Ohhh wait for me here,” said Andy. “Where are you going? “I don’t have a car so I am going to take the gentleman’s car keys. I am sure he won’t mind if I take his car.” “Let’s go back together.” “Okay if you say so,” he held her hand. They went back to the room and Roy was still lying on the floor. “Is he not dead?” asked Shania wiping the tears. “No, he is taking a nap. He had too much to drink. He will be fine,” he searched his pocket trousers and took the keys. “Let’s go.” “Wait!” Shania kicked Roy on the stomach. “Idiot! Fool!” Andrew just smiled. “That was a good kick,” he said as they headed to the exit door. The car was parked at the front of the hotel. He opened the car door for her. “Thank you for saving my life in there.” “You welcome madam,” his eyes fixed on the road. “How did you know I was in there? Ohh sorry. You wearing a uniform.” “Yes, security guard. Manager advised me to check the rooms. That is when I heard screams. I wanted to go back and call him but then I thought. What if it’s a killer? I took a deep breath and yanked the door open. That is when I f…,” he stopped at midsentence and looked at her. “Some men are dogs. He deserve to be thrown in jail.” She smiled. “Me calling men dogs. It sure made you smile right.” “Not exactly,” she said laughingly. They talked and laughed until they reached Shania’s house. He drove the car inside, parked it. He opened the car door for her. They walked inside the house. “What happened to you?” asked her father. “That idiot son of a Minister tried to rape me,” she sat down. “Young man. Take a sit,” he offered. “Thank you, sir.” He sat beside his daughter. “Tell me what happened?” Shania explained everything that had transpired to her father. “D–n him!” he shouted banging his fist on the table. “I should have known that’s what he was up to. I am very sorry, my princess. He will pay for what he did to you.” “No, just let it go. I need to go and take a bath,” she said getting up leaving Andrew with his father. He stood up and walked to the bar area. He poured a glass of wine. “Wine?” “No, sir. Thank you.” “So. You my daughter’s superman?” He raised a brow, and a slight smile teased at the corner of his lips. “No need to feel nervous. Thank you very much for what you did. It’s all my fault,” he looked steadily at him. “Trying to hook up my daughter with someone I, myself hardly know,” he took a sip. “What a bad father I am. Look now I left my daughter with a criminal. I will surely win an award of being the worst or bad father of the year.” “You don’t have to blame yourself, sir. You didn’t know things were going to turn out this way. We all want whats best for our children. Miss is a grown up woman now. I think it will be best if you let her make her own decisions. In that way you won’t blame yourself for her mistakes. She is a good woman,” said Andrew. “I guess you right. Wise words young man. I should take your advise, let her be. Shania can be stubborn sometimes. But what you said it really make sense,” he took a sip and placed the glass on the table. “I better get going. My son will soon worry of my whereabouts. I have to go back with the gentleman’s car.” “No need for that. I will ask my driver to drive it back. He will take you home. Thank you once again. I didn’t get your name.” “It’s Andrew, sir.” “I see.You work at my hotel,” he said walking him to the door. “Have a safe drive.” The driver took him at his house. Upon arrival Calvin was still awake studying. The next following day Andrew spent the day washing his clothes and his son’s. He cleaned the house and since he was on night duty. He spent the day at his house. Calvin came back from school “I am going to work,” said Andrew at around 7pm. “Lock the door before you go to sleep.” “Okay, dad.” He was about to open the door when his phone rang. “Hello!” he responded. “It’s doctor Susan. You need to come to the hospital. It’s about your daughter.” “What happened to her?” “It’s best you come, sir.” She hanged up. “Calvin. Take your jacket now. We going to the hospital. Something is wrong with your sister. They couldn’t tell me what it is.” They got out of the house and took a taxi to the hospital. It dropped them off. He ran inside the hospital with his son trailing behind. “What happened to my princess?” “We found a donor,” said the doctor in her office. “But?” “You need to pay the money for the operation so it can be carried out tomorrow.” “I have half of it. Can’t you do the operation then I will pay later.” “We cannot do that sir. Please excuse me. I have a patient to attend to. ” He walked out of the office. Hours passed as he sat on the bench with his son waiting to talk to the door, beg her. “What are you doing here?” she asked He looked at her surprised to see her. 1+
SOURCE: www.mperorblog.com.ng/if-only-she-knew/

1 Like

Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hmmmm, who b dat ooo

OP comma continue ooo
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
F ONLY SHE KNEW * * CHAPTER 18 Gazing at her now, she stood before him in a white dress. “I came to see my daughter. May I ask the same question?” “No need to,” she smiled. “I was…,” her eyes on Calvin. “Where my manners? This is my son, Calvin.” Calvin stood up. “Nice to meet you ma’am.” “Oh please. Call me Shania. You look alike with your dad.” “My dad is ugly and I am more handsome,” said Calvin. “Calvin. I will beat you up.” “He is so funny. Can I sit with you two?” “Yes. Why not?” replied Calvin. Shania sat beside Andrew. “Well my dad had invited you to join us for dinner tonight. I had come to pick you up at the hotel. Mario told me you didn’t show up. You had an emergency to attend to. He mentioned the name of hospital that is why I came here. I thought maybe you were not feeling well but I can see you fit,” she explained. “It’s my daughter. Calvin can you excuse us. I need to talk to Miss Shania alone. Don’t go outside it’s dark.” “Okay, dad.” He waited for his son to leave before continuing with his story. “As I was saying, my daughter is in this hospital. Admitted, heart failure. They found the donor but will not do the operation if I don’t pay the full amount. I want to try to beg the doctor. I can’t lose my daughter. I love her more than anything in this world. I would even die for her,” he pressed. “I don’t know what to do.” She looked up at him, her eyes shining with tears. She swallowed past the tightness in her throat. “You know I would just put a bullet through to my head so they can give her my heart. She is too young to die. If she leaves me now I will never be able to live with myself. I would blame myself forever for not trying to save her life,” he paused. “Let me help you,” she spoke holding her hand. “I will pay for the operation. I owe you with my life. You saved me twice and I will be a bad person if I let you suffer when I am here.” “No, Miss. You don’t have to. This is my problem but not yours. You really don’t need to do this. Me telling you this it’s because I have seen that you a good person. I really needed someone to talk to but not help me.” “Come on Andrew. I want to help you. I don’t have kids but I have seen how much you love your daughter. I will help you as a friend. Let me help you. Okay? “I promise to pay you back. I promise to pay every cent,” he knelt down. “No no no don’t please,” she helped him sit. “Let me kneel. You are a very kind person. One in a zillion. I didn’t know whom I was going to call to help me. It’s like I was stranded. Thank you very much.” “It’s okay. You don’t have to thank me that much. I will talk to the doctor. I have my uncle who is a surgeon. I will ask him to come over here.” “Thank you once again.” Later Shania talked to the doctor. She agreed that her uncle can come and do the operation on Chloe. “Since the operation is being carried out tomorrow. Why don’t I drive you to my house with your son. So that we will come back together tomorrow. It’s already late and all taxi are gone,” she said walking out of the doctor’s office. “A very good idea,” jumped in Calvin. “Calvin!” “Dad! Really? Maybe you want us to take her at our one roomed house. Where would she sleep. Let’s go to her house,” he said holding Shania’s hand. “Okay, fine.” “Yes! Auntie Shania. Thank you!” said Calvin “You welcome,” she said smilingly. They got into the car and drove off at her house. It was a big house. She cooked for them and they ate. Calvin helped Shania with the dishes while Andrew took a bath. Early in the morning they had breakfast and prepared to go at the hospital. “We need to pray first,” said Andrew as they were about to walk out of the house. They prayed for about thirty minutes and later drove to the hospital. They sat in the waiting room. The nurses running up and down made Andrew nervous. It was nervous wait. Hours passed but no surgeon or doctor came out. Andrew kept pacing up and down in the waiting room. “She will be alright,” said Shania holding his hand. “I am very nervous. Why can’t one of them come out?” “They will.” Shania tried talking to him but it was for a few minutes. Seconds, minutes and hours passed but they hadn’t come out. Finally the surgeon came out. He put on a sad look on his face. It was Shania’s uncle. “It went well,” and he smiled. Andrew got excited that she lifted up Shania and his son. “Thank you God! Can I see her?” “Later. But there is nothing to worry about. She is in good hands. We thank the Lord,” said the surgeon. The nurses and doctor decided to medicate her to calm down as she had woken up way too quickly from her anaesthetic. She was still heavily medicated and was sleeping on and off for most of the day and everning. Two nights passed and Shania took her to his house and found a doctor for her. Chloe used to wake up most every two hours making sure that Shania was there. Shania would sleep beside her. While Chloe would go back to sleep cuddling her teddy bear. Shania became fond of her. SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEW PART 19
Been a week since Chloe was discharged from hospital. She had been staying with Shania all along. She walked down the stairs with a sad look on her face folding her arms. “Auntie Shania. I don’t want to go with dad. It’s so boring living with both of them. Can’t I stay here with you,” she held her hand. “Please. Daddy?” “I also don’t want you to go my princess. Can she stay another week Andrew? Seriously I will be bored if she leaves..” Andrew looked at Calvin and he nodded. “Okay. You will stay here with Auntie Shania,” said Andrew. “Thank you daddy,” she hugged him. “Well, we better get going Calvin. It seems Miss Chloe is not coming with us.” “Actually, my dad is coming over for dinner. I was hoping you two will join us. I hope you don’t mind,” said Shania. “Thank goodness! What a relief. I didn’t want to leave this place. If dad is not staying he can leave. As for me I would really love to join you for dinner,” spoke Calvin. “Ohh Calvin. You really know how to make my day. You very funny. The Kelvin Hart type,” laughed Shania. “We will join you,” responded Andrew They sat in the loudge watching television. It was around 6pm when Shania started preparing for dinner. She was alone in the kitchen when Andrew walked in. “I thought I could come in and give you a hand,” he said “Ohh it’s you. You scared me up. My mind is in the pot,” she said smilingly. “You can wash your hands, peel the potatoes and make the salad. Is that okay?” “Yes!” Andrew washed his hands and started peeling the tomatoes. “Andrew!” “Huh!” “You never talk about your wife,” she said her eyes on the pot. “She left me for another man. We got divorced.” “I am sorry.” “No, it’s okay. Should I cut the potatoes into pieces?” “Yes, but not too big. I still need to roast this chicken.” “I can roast it for you,” said Andrew. “You know how to?” “Yes,” he smiled. “I am a man of so many talents. After boiling the chicken pieces for 8-10 minutes. He dried it and dipped in a beaten egg. He coast chicken pieces well with Robertson Gold ‘n’ Crispy coating. He fried until it was a golden brown. “Wow!” exclaimed Shania. “It taste delicious. You did it better than I. Actually this is good. How did you learn all of this?” “Googling!” “You so funny!” They stared for a while. “Aaaah,” he cleared his throat. “Grandpa is here,” said Calvin “Okay, coming,” replied Shania They walked to the lounge and greeted her father. Later on she set the dinner table with the help of Chloe and her step mother. They sat on the table and said grace. “Divine! Shania didn’t cook this,” said her father. “This is delicious.” “Dad. Thanks to Andrew.” “Even I would never roast a chicken like this. This is good,” said her step mother. They finished eating and sat in the loudge. Chloe and Calvin made them all laugh with their jokes. We often wonder, where happiness starts. The journey usually begins, in our individual hearts. Each one of us possesses happiness ownview. We must stick to our values. In the mirror we must be true. Spending time with others, who we love and deeply care. It’s these simple moments in time, everyday we would love to share. All the fortunes in this world, shall not make our spirits sing. It’s amazing how much joy, a baby’s laughter seems to bring. Andrew wiped a tear seeing how happy Chloe was with Shania. He watched them as they washed dishes in the kitchen. Shania’s father had already left with his wife. He never thought he was going to spend another day with his daughter. But there she was having the time of her life. “Happiness comes now and then, we cannot be sure just when, but when it’s there, enjoy each hour,” he went on. “Because happiness has such power, joy to you it will bring. Even mak..” “Make someone else sing. What peace of mind happiness can show, he cut him short and continued. “Making you and others glow, nurture it makes it last. Forget the troubles of the past. Never fear that it will go for it could always grow and then tomorrow you will be happy,” he paused. “I wouldn’t mind if she becomes my mother. She is a good woman dad,” said Calvin. “Did you really had to cut me short?” “I thought you needed some help to finish the sentence. See you were disturbing me. I am watching my movie and you busy watching Auntie Shania and Chloe, while talking to yourself at the same time.” “Its called meditating, sonny.” “Oh please, dad,” said Calvin with a laugh. “What are you two talking about?” asked Shania as she walked in with dessert. “I have got dessert with me here. Ice cream, strawberry and chocolate flavours.” “I am eating with Auntie Shania,” said Chloe. “Me too,” said Calvin. “Dad you on your own.” “Me three. Guess will have to eat together as a f..,” stopped Andrew. “As a family,” said Shania smilingly. “Come sit next to me, my princess. “But Auntie Come on. You should be feeding me,” said Calvin. They all laughed at him.

SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng/if-only-she-knew/
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
Nice wan

OP thanks for the update
Re: If Only She Knew by Ann2012(f): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEW * * CHAPTER 20 After two months. “Florence, I am going home.” “Okay, madam. Boss is still in Bostwana?” “Yes, but he is coming back today,” replied Emily. “I will see you tomorrow.” Things had been going on well between her and Max. He had gone to Botswana on a business trip. She walked to the garage and was about to open the door. “Are you Emily?” she asked wearing a long black dress and a black veil covering her hair. Emily stared at her, heart pounding really fast. “Ye ye yes,” she stammered moving backwards. “Who are you?” “Don’t marry him. He is not what you think he is. He will soon show you his true colours. Leave him or you will die,” she said trembling. “You will die.” “You are crazy.” “No, I am not crazy. Run Emily, never look back,” she warned and ran. “Wait! Stop!” shouted Emily following but she couldn’t catch up with her. “Madam! Are you okay?” asked the security guard. “Did you see a woman wearing a black dress, covered her hair with a black veil?” asked Emily. “No, madam. It’s just you and me.” “You didn’t see her?” “No!” She was confused and even thought she was hallucinating. She went back to her car and opened the door. She got inside and locked the doors. She kept looking through the window hoping to see the woman. She started her car and drove home since Max was coming back. She parked the car and got inside the house. She headed to the bathroom and took a breath before starting to prepare for dinner. She was about to roast her chicken when her phone rang. She just answered without checking who it was. “Hello!” she responded. “Run Emily. Never look back. Run for your life. He will hurt you Emily.” The voice sounded scary. “Who is this? Hello! Hello!.” She sat on the chair in the kitchen biting her nails. She couldn’t call back because it was a private number. A knock on the door disrupted her thoughts, afraid to go and open. She ran upstairs and locked herself in her room. She waited for a few minutes and heard Max’s voice calling out her name. She took a deep breath and opened the door. She ran in his arms. “Okay. I guess you missed me right?” “Yes, I did. I am glad you home. This house is so big. I was scared,” said Emily “Let me go and take a bath. We will talk later,” said Max heading to the bathroom. Emily set the dinner table. They had dinner together and later went to their room. She tried sleeping but could not thinking about the woman she had met at the garage. She got off the bed and went to sit in the loudge. She was watching a movie, ‘War Room’. When her phone rang again, it was around 10pm. She jumped on her feet and moved distance away from the phone. It didn’t stop ringing. Max walked downstairs and took the phone. “Whats wrong Emily?” he asked getting close to her. “Who was calling?” “It’s an alarm. It wasn’t a call. Are you okay?” “I am fine. Let’s go to sleep,” she said holding his hand. There was a bang at the door and she screamed in terror. Max looked at her. Wondering why his fiancee was acting weird. He was about to walk to the door when she stopped him. “No! Don’t go!” “What is happening to you Emily? You acting weird,” he said and went to open the door. “It’s the dog. See, there is nothing.” She took a deep breath and swallowed hard. They went back to sleep but still Emily didn’t seem to get any eye shut. Early in the morning, she woke up feeling dizzy. She kept running up and down to the bathroom. It was for the fifth time when Max noticed her. “Are you okay?” he asked concerned. “No, I feel sick,” she lay on the bed. “Do you want me to take you at the hospital?” “No, you go to work. I will go later at the hospital,” she said covering herself with a sheet. “Okay. Call me if it gets worse.” He grabbed his car keys and walked out of the room. At around 10am. She got up from the bed and took a bath. She had booked an appointment with her doctor. She needed to found out what was wrong with her. Walked out of the house and got into her car. Drove it to the hospital, parked it outside. Walked in and went straight to the doctor’s office. Knocked on the door and he responded. Got inside and offered her a sit. He took her blood and she sat in the waiting room waiting for the results. Hours passed and was called back in the office. “You are pregnant! Congratulations!” said the doctor. “What?!” she exclaimed. She remembered that she had stopped taking her pills. It was not good news to her since Max had told her that he didn’t want a baby. He didn’t want to be a father. She walked out of the hospital feeling weak. She had no idea how she was going to explain the pregnancy thing to Max. “Take your pills everyday. I don’t want you to fall pregnant,” she remembered him seeing. She opened her car door and sat. “Drive!” she commanded . “Don’t look back, drive the car.” “Who are you? Are you the one who have been calling me? What do you want from me?” “Dammit Emily! Drive the car. I will tell you when to stop. Now!” She started the car trembling.
SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: If Only She Knew by Ann2012(f): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
This is serious

Thanks for the update
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
Tanks for the update
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 27, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEW F ONLY SHE KNEW * * CHAPTER 21 “We going to the graveyard?” asked Emily, as she took a turn to West Park cemetery. “Just drive. Park the car under that tree,” she ordered. Emily did as per told. She parked the car under the tree. They stepped out of the vehicle. The woman was still wearing her black dress and a black veil covering her hair. “Follow me,” she instructed. Emily trailled behind. She broke into a sweat and her pulse raced. She was shaking like a leaf, her stomach churning. She stopped and placed the flowers on a tombstone. “Here, lay my older brother, Craig. It was just the two of us. Our parents died in a car accident,” she went on. “I was very rich when I married Max. I put everything that my parents left for me in his name, including the company and the mansion. I trusted him with my life and everything I had,” she wiped the tears. “I thought you were dead and you cheated on him with his best friend,” said Emily. “What?! Is that what he told you? He tried to kill me, Yes. But I managed to dodge the bullet. I didn’t cheat on him. He used to abuse me. When my brother found out he killed his parents. He wanted me to leave Max but I ignored him,” she paused. “I was blinded by love and for once I thought my brother hated Max but No. He was trying to protect me from him. I didn’t believe it that Max killed his parents. When I confronted him together with my brother. He confessed on killing his parents and burning them inside the house. After telling the truth he shot Craig. His cousin brother, Billy arrived later. When he walked inside the house my brother was already dead. Max lied to him and said I was cheating with my brother, since Billy didn’t know Craig. I was shocked and at the same time confused. I managed to escape and I went to Canada.” “No no Max is not a killer.” “I used to say that Emily. I saw his true colours when he killed my brother right in front of me. But before that like I said it before. He used to beat me up every night and locking me in the garage. When he found out that I was pregnant. He made sure I had a miscarriage. He put poison in my food. I was admitted for a month. He paid the doctor to fake the results of my miscarriage,” she got close to her and held her hand. “Listen to me very carefully. Leave that man. He is a psychopath, a maniac, he is mad and crazy. He is a serial killer. He is handsome on the outside but inside he is the devil’s twin.”

READ OTHER EPISODE HERE www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2018
IF ONLY SHE KNEE PART 22

It was hard for Emily to believe what the woman had said to her. “What is your name? How did you find me? How did you know I was the woman Max was going to marry?” asked Emily with a hint of confusion in her voice. “I am still talking to Billy’s wife. My name is Selena. Helena, Billy’s wife is the one who told me about you. She got your phone number from her husband’s phone.” Emily almost collapsed when Selena held her hand. “Are you okay? Wait! You are pregnant?” Emily didn’t answer the question. She needed space. Time to think, she wanted to be alone. It was too much for her. Max had never laid his hands on her. Was this woman, standing beside her lying? Did she love Max? Was she jealous of Emily? The thoughts raced into her head. She dragged in a deep breath and looked at her. Her heart beat was rising. She looked directly into her eyes. The dark depths of her eyes seeming to search hers as if looking into her soul. She needed to go home and think. Once she was away from her she could think of other options, but she couldnt do any of that. She didn’t believe all that Selena had told her. “I have to go home,” she finally spoke. “Okay, but please don’t tell him that we met. Whatever I told you keep it to yourself,” said Selena. Emily started heading towards the car. “Emily!” called out Selena. “Be care f…,” she stopped at midsentence and fell down on the ground. Emily looked around and saw a black car driving off. When you nervous your body is on high alert. Your heart beats faster, your blood pressure rises. Selena was still quivering when Emily got close to her. “Selena! Don’t leave me please,” said Emily in between sobs holding Selena’s hand. “Yo you sh……,” she looked at Emily and smiled. Emily saw the light go out of her eyes. The level of horror at the situation seemed to directly increase her ability to act outside of her feelings. “I am sorry, Selena,” she said and called the cops using a private number. She got into the car and drove off at home. Tears streaming down on her face. She parked the car and went straight to bed. Late that night Max sent a message saying, he wasn’t coming back home. That night a blacklog of deferred emotion fell on Emily. She went to bed shivering, crying and fearing for her life. Selena had died and what if Max was behind the hit. She tried sleeping but could not. She wanted to run away from Max. She immediately got up from the bed and started packing her clothes. Suddenly someone opened the door. “Where are you going sweetheart? Are you running away from me?” he asked.
SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 27, 2018
Horlarhem hidhrhis Cylovee, chuksjuve SaniJahn herosakin777 chigozie69 , notself , hechno TheVerdict , chijioke17 HazardMan lacayo, mychiveous OBTMOS ayotukanmi osnova slegher , voltred Tony142 , mcjesuspikin , itxstephen offspringparent , DrTubson, teepompay Winnairaking100 dimeji877, tvekjnnet , FIONAMI , demystifi , OLAWISE78 , calebfem , Basilekeh, Ayomide93 AdiscoPele , Choisilva , Mynd44 , eazykolobo, AceOfQueen
prospernnatu , chijioke17 ( m), hacktycoon( m), Sinmi53 ( m), mychiveous ( f ), ebysandra ( f), peabody, davealvaro , LightQueen ( f), bumpypat ( m), illustrator, Hafeexla( m), Horlardorjah ( m), Talk2david1 ( m), TeeTeem , hollajay ( m), SMD1 , emperorblog21 ( m), lanryblaq ( m), priccelessgurl ( f ), GATED ( f), Cooldeedee

READ MORE COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
Gangan
Re: If Only She Knew by Oroolorun(m): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2018
God is awesome.
You saw someone did something unpardonable and started wishing that the person should regret it, if possible, to pay with her/his life. Then time come to face the music, then you started pitying the person and wishing if the hand of the clock can be manipulated.
Only someone with forgiving spirit can understand the feeling.
Ride on OP, you are doing a tenderful job.
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
IF ONLY SHE KNEW * * CHAPTER 22 “No! I was bored and couldn’t sleep. I decided to put some of my clothes in the suitcase,” she lied. He smiled and sat on the bed. He removed his gun and placed it on the suitcase. He lighten up his cigar and started smoking in the room. Puffing up smoke while staring at her. “I have just received some bad news. Do you want to know what happened?” She nodded. “My ex wife was killed today. The last person who was seen with her is other than Emily, my wife to be,” he put the cigar in his mouth. She froze in place as the feeling of terror ran through her body. Emotional brain had already begun to respond along paths. She looked at the door which was opened. “Don’t even think about it,” his voice deep and harsh. The slower but more thoughtful path caused her to feel afraid. She began analysing her situation, creating alternative responses. “You need to tell me everything. How you met Selena?” he got up from the bed and made a step close to her. “Look, I know she came to you. I understand why you agreed to meet her. You didn’t really have a choice. If I was in your shoes, I would probably have done the same thing, going to meet my fiancee’s ex wife,” he paid attention to the eye contact that Emily maintained with him. She jumped in and corrected. “No. I saw her in my car and she had been calling me for days.. “I see,” he looked directly into his eyes. He put his hands on her shoulders. “You know I never liked Craig but I loved my wife, Selena.” “You hurting me,” she mattered under her breath. “This is just a little massage,” he said strangling her with such force. “Dammit Emily!” he slapped her hard on the cheek. “I hate being betrayed. I knew something was wrong with you since yesterday. The minute you drove out from the house I followed you. You went to the hospital and found out that you were pregnant. I followed you as well when you drove at the cemetery,” he said angrily. She coughed lying on the floor. “I should have killed her when I had the chance. Why did she come back in our lives? You see now she has complicated things between us. May her soul rest in peace,” he took a knife under the bed. “This is the knife that I used to murder my parents. I never liked my step mother. She treated me badly after my mother died. Dad started ignoring me. To him I wasn’t a son but a demon. You wanna know why I was a demon?” he gazed at her. “Let me help you sit on the bed. You bleeding? You will be fine,” he helped her to sit on the bed. “Where was I? Okay. You see I never had friends at school even at home. I was always locked up in my room and I could hear many voices talking to me. When I killed my parents I was angry. I realised what I had done when the house was in flames. That is when I knew something was wrong with me. They took me at a Mental Hospital because I had a mentall illness. I killed the nurse on duty and ran away,” he laughed. “It was easy. I still remember when she tried running away from me. She was fat. Poor thing she couldn’t run a long distance. May her soul rest in peace,” he stood up from the bed. “My baby,” she muttered touching her stomach. “You will not die but the baby will,” he walked out of the room and locked the door. She lay on the floor bleeding. She screamed in pain but Max had raised the radio volume. He ignored her. He called the doctor early in the morning and went to unlock the door before he arrived. The doctor arrived later. “My wife. I found her early this morning covered in blood. Please save her.” “Her pulse is weak. She have lost a lot of blood from the bleeding. We need to take her to the hospital,” said the doctor after checking Emily’s pulse. Max carried her to his car and drove to the hospital. Upon arrival, she was put on the stretch. He waited for hours sitting on the bench. “I am sorry but she had a miscarriage,” said the doctor later. “Oh no. Can I see her? “Yes, this way please,” he led the way. Emily was still unconcious when he walked in the room. He sat on the bed and held her hand. “I am glad you lost the baby. I am so happy right now. I told you never to fall pregnant Emily. I am coming back. I need to go and get you something to eat,” he got up and walked out of the room. Emily quickly opened her eyes. She needed to run away. “Wait! What are you doing?!” exclaimed the nurse who just walked inside the room. “Discharging my self. Please, help me. I need to get away from him. He killed my baby. He will ki..,” she stopped at midsentence when she saw Max standing at the door.

SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng/if-only-she-knew-part-22/
Re: If Only She Knew by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
IF ONLY SHE KNEW PART 23 He walked inside the room and locked the door. “Going somewhere ladies? Did you try to run away from me, Emily?” He got close to the nurse and grabbed her hand. He strangled her to death with so much force that he lifted her off the ground and Emily watched the nurse die from suffocation. “That was easy,” said Max. “You you you just killed her,” cried Emily. “I let her sleep. It’s a pity she won’t wake up. Let’s go,” he grabbed her hand by force.
SOURCE: www.emperorblog.com.ng/if-only- she-knew-part-22/
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
Good for her.
Re: If Only She Knew by skubido(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2019
OP comma update na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE LONG WAIT / [teachers Day Speech]™ Happy Teachers Day 2016 Simple Speech, Simple Essay / Dizzy Angel - Gracy Ukala

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.