Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:14 AM

What Is Sin Is Not Determined By Who We Love And How We Feel But By A Holy God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Sin Is Not Determined By Who We Love And How We Feel But By A Holy God (178 Views)

What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Sin Is Not Determined By Who We Love And How We Feel But By A Holy God by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 04, 2018
Is Homosexuality a sin?
“I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love and they are homosexuals.”

Is adultery a sin?
“I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love who cheat on their spouses”

Is lying a sin?
"I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love who choose to lie”

Is drunkenness a sin?
“I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love who get drunk”

Is witchcraft a sin?
“I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love who practice witchcraft”

Is rape a sin?
“I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love who are rapists”

While the first quote is actually from the Christian music scene’s biggest star, Lauren Daigle, the preceding answers are simply examples of the hypocritical choice of reasoning used when it comes to this issue. Something is either sin or not sin based upon God’s word, and homosexuality is clearly sin (Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Jude 1:7). You cannot show true love by lying to someone and telling them they are alright, when they are in spiritual bondage. Jesus came to give abundant life for those rescued out of the thralls of sin and He did not make His commands to be a burden placed upon them(John 10:10, 1 John 5:3). Jesus promises that His yoke is easy, His burden is light and that the Christian walk is to be one of victory (Matthew 11:30, Romans 8:37). But God did give a staunch warning for those who would know the truth and keep it hidden from those who need it:

Ezekiel 33:6
But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.

When asked this question directly, Daigle not only showed that she didn’t want to answer, but even said “I don't know. I actually had a conversation with someone last night about it. I can't say one way or the other. I'm not God.”

Does Ms. Daigle really not know, or does her fear that her record sales might drop hinder her from speaking the truth to this lost and dying world? If she has been in the church her entire life, and according to her own testimony, started really digging into the word and understanding her salvation at 15, what has she been reading? Can you really be a believer for that many years and never stumble upon the book of Romans, 1 Corinthians or Jude? We would have to be honest and say that this is simply an answer given so that she can find worldly acceptance. But the world doesn’t love believers and it isn’t suppose to. I think it would be a good time to examine your faith when all the world speaks well of you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Being Born Again. / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Jesus Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.