Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG (9873 Views)

Coup: Don’t Copy Gabon Military, MURIC Warns Nigerian Army / Coronavirus: Petrol Landing Cost Crashes, FG May Save N450bn Billion Subsidy / N800 Billion Subsidy: Stop Your Terror Tactics Or Else - BMO Warns Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by Stalwert: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2018
It is clear these agent of darkness want to create problems during this yuletide.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by zyoxo: 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
martolux:
They are nothing but fanatics!

imagine! I'm not surprised because you are only parading your obvious hatred for them............

Do you know the implications for this people to carry out their threat?

Do you even think about what that would portend for a common man on the street?

Do you even think about the gross disadvantages of this?

So, for a group to exhort the government of the day to look into where the problem is looming should not be a subject of debate.... whoever says this does not matter.

Thanks MURIC

peace!

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by theoldpretender(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2018
AntiMahdi:
[s][/s]

So PDP is controlling the affairs of this country. They are the ones giving Buhari headache against BH and now they are the ones sabotaging the economy as well.

His wife only came out yesterday to state that 2 powerful men where slowing down her husband's govt.

Please what exactly is Jubril doing in Aso Rock?

The man is not deserving of being President because from your own admission he is not in control of his own govt.

Thing is, the debt is not Buhari fault.

Neither is it GEJ fault.

It is the fault of most Nigerians whose desire for cheap fuel means that in 2012 govt was forced to keep an.unsustainable fuel subsidy which led to the debt.

But neither APC nor PDP want to face reality and remove subsidy
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by baysol: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Oil marketers have issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government (FG) threatening to embark on a strike and shut down all depots across the country if their outstanding debts totalling N800 billion in subsidies, are not paid.

In a press statement issued on Wednesday, 5th December, 2018, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) appealed to both the oil marketers and FG to iron out their differences in order to avoid fuel scarcity during this yuletide.

According to the director of MURIC who signed the statement, Professor Ishaq Akintola, “Yuletide is a sensitive period. This is the time most Nigerians choose to travel to their cities and villages in order to cement family ties. It is not the right time to allow fuel scarcity.

“We appeal to FG to do everything within its power to ensure that oil marketers do not carry out their threat. Unlike in the past, this administration has been able to ensure smooth supply of fuel. There have been no queues in petrol stations across the country. We appreciate this feat. But we are saying it should not be allowed to happen. Fuel scarcity causes lots of inconvenience for ordinary Nigerians”.

MURIC said it issued a warning about the likelihood of an attempt to cause artificial fuel scarcity towards the end of the year. “We warned about this in our press release dated 29th October, 2018

“Our exact words on that occasion were, ‘November is just three days away today and these agents of darkness must be somewhere now plotting to disrupt the smooth flow of supply and distribution. Their main objective is to discredit the government of the day particularly now that the 2019 election is just a stone’s throw away. It is therefore necessary for FG to watch out from now on. Another attempt may be made to cause artificial fuel scarcity. Those behind the move do not care about the common man. They do not care about hundreds of citizens who will be stranded on the roads as a result of fuel scarcity or the average Nigerian car owner who will be compelled to spend hours at fuel stations’.

We therefore appeal to FG to avert another fuel scarcity particularly in the interest of ordinary Nigerians who may be caught in the crossfire as transport fares are most likely to skyrocket.

https://politicsngr.com/yuletide-pay-n800-billion-subsidy-now-avoid-fuel-scarcity-muric-warns-fg/
It shows that Muric is behind the plot what is the business of imam and the distribution of pork meat, tell me abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by theoldpretender(m): 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2018
Iyajelili:
I don't know what right this religion organization have to be meddling in political affairs. I'm not surprised though cos this is what happens when you mix religion and politics together.
What a country!

So by asking govt to.pay a debt, it is interference in political affairs.

I'm sorry, but hate is not good for you.
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2018
Buterflyle0:

If you follow the news as I do, you would piece together all the needed info.

The government would not give you detailed info as that would either be too lengthy or totally unable for you to understand.

Data mining would help you as it helps me
1. So you support opacity in government?
2. Do you also mean to tell me that the people in government are the brightest bulbs among us in this country of quota system
3. You need to know ur right. Your right is full, credible info. Piecing info together might lead you to wrong conclusions and by implication wrong decision

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by Buterflyle0: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2018
Buckubuck:

1. So you support opacity in government?
2. Do you also mean to tell me that the people in government are the brightest bulbs among us in this country of quota system
3. You need to know ur right. Your right is full, credible info. Piecing info together might lead you to wrong conclusions and by implication wrong covered

That's why I said data mining would help you.

Go through the available days on each relevant agencies website and be better informed
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2018
Buterflyle0:

That's why I said data mining would help you.

Go through the available days on each relevant agencies website and be better informed
You didn't answer 1&2. Howbeit, data mining? Be like say you don dedicate urself to sniffing for data like a paid job o. My guy, if govt is working, you don't have to go dat far o

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by jpphilips(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
How many marketers still import products into this country? if they go on strike, Nigerians wont notice.
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by martolux(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
Well, Im not concern about what you think or feel cos you are shortsighted and a MURIC
zyoxo:

imagine! I'm not surprised because you are only parading your obvious hatred for them............

Do you know the implications for this people to carry out their threat?

Do you even think about what that would portend for a common man on the street?

Do you even think about the gross disadvantages of this?

So, for a group to exhort the government of the day to look into where the problem is looming should not be a subject of debate.... whoever says this does not matter.

Thanks MURIC

peace!
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by lordkay10(m): 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
jpphilips:
How many marketers still import products into this country? if they go on strike, Nigerians wont notice.
I think the problem will be that of storage of the product(since the majors have the tank farms petrol is stored) and distribution of product across the country through the same marketers
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by Nbote(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
Buterflyle0:

That subsidy bill was from Jonathan's government.

It was actually more than this but buhari has paid off some of it.

What you see there is the bill plus accrued interest

Buterflyle0:

I mean this government has been servicing the massive debt left for them from GEJs government of buffoonery and this particular debt is from the subsidy GEJ was backlogged on despite making a hell of money when oil prices were through the roof

JUS SHUT UP ALREADY!!! UR LIES ARE BECOMING QUITE IRRITATING...
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/fuel-subsidy-hits-n2-4bn-daily/
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by Bluesearoll(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2018
This is the second time AISHA BUHARI will be telling us (not even indirectly) DIRECTLY, that we should not vote that man in Aso Rock comes 2019... Are we that DAFT?.. Who is in a better position to tell us about the man in Aso rock.? The WIFE or APC?..... Think NIGERIA
Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by cenaboy(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
sammyj:
grin

I thought APC said that subsidy is a scam when GEJ was paying it

I course APC for their wickedness.
sammyj:
grin

sammyj:
grin

Re: Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG by TrumpDonald2: 6:55am On Dec 06, 2018
Buterflyle0:

I mean this government has been servicing the massive debt left for them from GEJs government of buffoonery and this particular debt is from the subsidy GEJ was backlogged on despite making a hell of money when oil prices were through the roof
Are you stupid? Won't you keep quiet and say only the things you know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! / Why Buhari Will Get Less Than 1% Igbo Vote / Tradermoni: Buhari, APC Is Relooting Abacha Loots — Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.