Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

Important: Notice to Jobseekers - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important: Notice to Jobseekers (34464 Views)

Dssc Airforce 2016: Notice To All Applicants / Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers / Free Cv Review For Students & Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by alahadiza(f): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2011
Plsssssss i need advice. i am currently serving with an American organisation, i am not very sure if they are going to retain me, but on several occasion the country representative asked me what i was going to be doing after service, she also asked me to prepare a CV. But she has not yet told me she'd retain me. a frnd of myn called me yesterday to tel me another organisation needed someone like me and she was sure they r going to employ me, but i have to leave where am currently serving to start working there. I really dont know what to do. undecided
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by 1forall: 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2011
ala hadiza:

Plsssssss i need advice. i am currently serving with an American organisation, i am not very sure if they are going to retain me, but on several occasion the country representative asked me what i was going to be doing after service, she also asked me to prepare a CV. But she has not yet told me she'd retain me. a frnd of myn called me yesterday to tel me another organisation needed someone like me and she was sure they r going to employ me, but i have to leave where am currently serving to start working there. I really dont know what to do. undecided

Are you kidding?!
She's asked you several times and you've been asked to prepare a CV, don't you get the hint? Prepare It!!
Send CV to both places and more (cos you're not employed till you receive an employment letter)

Since you're serving, there's nothing wrong telling prospective employers you're not available till you finish NYSC, they should respect that. Except they are in serious need and under which conditions you should receive a firm offer first before leaving where you are.

Employment is usually a process i.e Send CV --> Possible test --> Interview --> Maybe more interviews --> Employment Offer --> Employment
so don't get too excited and leave certainty for uncertainty.
Also don't be stuck thinking you need an confirmation of retention before you do your own part.

So:
Erase the word 'Retain' from your vocabulary, replace it with 'Employ'

Then, prepare a CV (that's basic).

Good luck!
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by ise82(m): 2:17am On Apr 07, 2011
Nice reply. Rily cul
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by will2lead(m): 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
BEA UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The Federal Government is offering scholarship opportunities to various applicants from READ MORE @
http://www.scholarshipjob.com/
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by twinkels: 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2011
Nyc one moderator.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by diamonddem: 6:42am On Apr 09, 2011
According to the IEC Publication Bureau, in the second edition of the book; Master Job resume and Interview, 70% of the jobs are fond through the hidden job market, a market which represents all the jobs that are not publicly announced, and this market is said to be key market because more than half the available jobs come from there. A very excellent way to get jobs by this means is through networking.

15% of jobs are found through search firms and employment agencies.
10% of jobs are found through targeted letters and 5% of jobs are found through answering adverts.
In any case, the best thing in getting a dream job is keep submitting your resume and keep networking, you might be referred someday soon.

Ademola Diamond
diamonddemola@gmail.com
www.nigeriandreamjobs.com
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by dwheels76: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2011
Thanks for the heads up on Job seeking since I am new to the Nigerian Market. But it seems so much personal info is asked and I want to know why.

I see Nigerian companies practice ageism and sexism and just plain discrimination. Wouldn't have expected that from an all black population. But tell me why do Nigerians tolerate ageism. I realize most of who is on these postings are young, but damn by what I have seen in job posting after 35 you are not even desired or wanted but they want you to have the experience of a 5o year old.

Never have I seen so many postings of can not be more than 31 or 35 or once I saw 45. I have seen only pretty girls need to apply for banking teller positions. How in the world is this tolerated. I mean they pay shit here unless you are foreign so what do older , not so pretty people do.

I guess I need to know where the postings are for white foreign people. I am not white but they don't know that.

I have way to much experience to be passed up and over. If only the 9ja market could get their head out their ass and look for the most qualified. Sorry this is very frustrating to me.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by Sarahluv(f): 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
1forall:

Are you kidding?!
She's asked you several times and you've been asked to prepare a CV, don't you get the hint? Prepare It!!
Send CV to both places and more (cos you're not employed till you receive an employment letter)

Since you're serving, there's nothing wrong telling prospective employers you're not available till you finish NYSC, they should respect that. Except they are in serious need and under which conditions you should receive a firm offer first before leaving where you are.

Employment is usually a process i.e Send CV --> Possible test --> Interview --> Maybe more interviews --> Employment Offer --> Employment
so don't get too excited and leave certainty for uncertainty.
Also don't be stuck thinking you need an confirmation of retention before you do your own part.

So:
Erase the word 'Retain' from your vocabulary, replace it with 'Employ'

Then, prepare a CV (that's basic).

Good luck!

I love the response. The process as described by the moderator is the natural order of things. When such opportunities come our way, it makes sense to take full advantage of it. Naturally you should update your CV every quarter in order to be ready whenever an opportunity presents itself.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by cocodayor: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
A reputable marketing firm in Lagos is in need of 20 attractive young ladies.the remuneration is attractive.interested candidates should send their name and phone no to 08136639230 on or before Wednesday 27th April 2011.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by kyngtut: 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2011
Hello guys, Watch this Video on you-tube link below for those who are looking for jobs and are having a hard time. Its a special patented system made with fellow Africans in mind to make extra income. We all know that times are hard and we all have families to feed and not a lot of jobs out there. This will help those who don't have a job but at least can make money to feed their families!! Your comments or advice will be appreciated on how to make this system better and more appealing and more ways to assure the public of its genuine strategy, god bless you all my fellow Nigerians. Anticipating your comments and Critique,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbOOYN1XwzI
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by idtoni: 1:07pm On May 06, 2011
no sinner will go unpunished.those that have ear let them hear
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by hipinnacle: 2:10pm On May 12, 2011
we youth of this generation are always on the look 4 quick money and we want to have a beatiful result without working harder for it. I think it is no more a news that employment opportunities are rare nowadays but they still exist, it is just for us to do our home-work properly and imbibe the genuine spirit of patience. If we understand the waiting & preparation period, we will not be in hurry to rush to every tom & dick presented to us. Juicy offers most times may end up being a sour drink, so we must beware & kp on Trusting God for a purposeful career.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by daddy: 1:50pm On May 15, 2011
just be prcise. Two pages is ok.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by frisahost(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2011
Hi follow nairalander, i am invites you to my new forum which i think u would like and u will not regret been a member of the forum.in other to confirm you can visit http://www.frisahost.com/forum is a newly build forum
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by theo2011: 5:24pm On May 23, 2011
Interested in building a career as an editor, marketer or graphic artist? then we want to hear from you. All positions come with exclusive access to the music and entertainment industries and extensive travel locally and internationally. Young undergraduates can also apply for internships with us. if you are interested in joining our team full term or as intern, email your cover letter, resume, location and interested position to jobs@redpencilweb.com. application deadline is 5th June 2011
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by lanreecom(m): 1:27pm On May 25, 2011
THANKS, YES YOU ARE RIGHT. I POSTED ONE THAT HAPPENED TO ME EARLY THIS MONTH. BEWARE, AS YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR JOB DONT BE SO DESPERATE THAT YOU LOOSE YOUR SENSE VIGILANCE. SHINE UR EYES, FRAUDSTERS ARE EVERY WHERE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / Nysc Recruiting / Seplat Graduate Trainee Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.