Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,416 members, 7,978,315 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:40 AM

Senior Mining Engineer At Symbol Mining - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Senior Mining Engineer At Symbol Mining (274 Views)

Mining Engineer / Geologist At Geocardinal Engineering Services Limited / Vacancy For Assistant Procurement Officer/electrical Engineer At Eko Maintenance / Mining Engineer Needed Urgently Site Location: Okpella, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senior Mining Engineer At Symbol Mining by MiningNG: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2018
Reference Number: 265 0412 MHU
Job Description:
Symbol Mining is seeking the appointment of a Senior Mining Engineer to assist in the development and management of a greenfield Zinc and Lead operations in the state of Bauchi, Nigeria. This role reports directly to the Imperial Mine Manager and will assume the role of Mine Manager in their absence. Direct reports will be Contractors, Mine Geology and Engineering, Safety and all IJV Staff

Responsibilities:

Lead/Represent the company at the Macy operations and ensuring the safety of all employees, consultants and contractors;
Co-responsibilities with Mine Manager regarding all activities related to community engagement, Health, Safety programs and Environmental management
Responsibility for all aspects of planning, scheduling and production of the direct shipped zinc and lead product.
Mentor all IJV personnel and develop procedures in modern mining and operational practices;
Maximize mine profitability through management of effectively pit, processing and logistics processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner;
Co-responsible for the management of the Mining Contractor, monitoring and reporting performance;
Manage operational design, evaluation, and scheduling of all open pit work;
Review the mine technical, operational and financial performance with daily, weekly and monthly reporting;
Assist Imperial Mine Manager regarding State and Federal Government compliance, relationship management, and interaction with key stakeholders;
Liaison and supervise external consultants and authorities as requested/directed
Requirements: Qualification and Skill

Engineering Tertiary qualifications
Exposure to international operations
Minimum 5 years operational senior experience + 8 years industry experience
Exposure to optimisation of operations through design and change management
Open Pit experience with Blending operations
Nigerian candidates strongly recommended to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:

6/3 roster if based abroad, 3/1 roster if based in-country

To apply: https://www.miningng.com/senior-mining-engineer-at-symbol-mining/

Source: https://www.miningng.com/senior-mining-engineer-at-symbol-mining/

Re: Senior Mining Engineer At Symbol Mining by Emmyloaded: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Tax Analyst (Contract) Job Vacancy In Lagos / Apply For Ongoing Action Against Hunger Recruitment / We Seek Freelance Marketers And Distributors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.