Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,695 members, 7,889,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:00 AM

Miracles - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles (1430 Views)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) Is 25! / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miracles by thehomer: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
femmy2010:

What i do not believe in would be hard for me to understand and what you do not believe in would be an hard one for you to understand.

The above statement is not true. e.g I do not believe in a Santa Claus but I do understand the concept of one. Neither do I believe in ghosts but I can understand that someone else does.

femmy2010:

Its clear you do not believe in Miracles.
I do and i know Miracles do exist be be sure you shall experience a very unique one soon.
Be expectant.

Can you be more specific in your claim?
Re: Miracles by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2010
Hi, I thought I would just chime in for bit.

@femmy2010
I do not mean any offense by this at all, but from looking at the conversation between you and the homer I do not think you even have a definition of miracles to say you believe in. The definition you presented "When what i hitherto thought was impossible does happen" could apply to anything and I mean ANYTHING you(or I for that matter) do not understand. Without a clear definition, you could not even recognize a miracle from something you simply do not understood yet. What is worse though is that you do not seek understanding, which could possibly benefit the whole of humanity. When the homer presses on distinguishing miracles from the mundane you choose not to engage him. You argue that you can distinguish miracles through feelings which you assert originate from God. I think you may have it backwards. I would argue that what you consider miracles are actually events that give you certain feelings regardless of probability. You then proceed project those feelings on to what you consider to be God(which may lack a clear definition itself). It is just easier to get those feelings when you do not understand what happened. With either definition anyone, believer or non believer can experience a miracle. However, calling the event a miracle is not really that meaningful because the concept is either massively subjective or vague to point of meaninglessness. As far as two people are concerned one mans miracle could be another mans daily grind.

Thanks
Re: Miracles by femmy2010(m): 5:45am On Aug 06, 2010
No offense taken bro.
Not been able to give a clear cut meaning to life,faith,hope and maybe miracles does not mean one does not know what each of these term mean.
I do believe in miracles and my inability to buttress my point with many a point does not change the believe in miracle in me.
Re: Miracles by jossyr(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2010
a miracle is a supernatural event that alters the physical state or condition of somebody or something which is extremely beneficial and amazing to the beneficiary.true miracles can only be done by god directly or through his sons and daughters.
Re: Miracles by thehomer: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2010
jossy r:

a miracle is a supernatural event that alters the physical state or condition of somebody or something which is extremely beneficial and amazing to the beneficiary.true miracles can only be done by god directly or through his sons and daughters.

Hmm interesting definition.
What would you consider a supernatural event?
From your definition, I guess there are false miracles? Who performs them?
How do you know that a miracle was actually done by God and not by one of the false performers?
Re: Miracles by femmy2010(m): 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2010
lipsrsealed I rest my case.
Re: Miracles by femy2010(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2010
Thehomer,
Do you believe in the bible and that it states and explain past happenings?
Re: Miracles by thehomer: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
femy2010:

Thehomer,
Do you believe in the bible and that it states and explain past happenings?

I think that while the bible has some historical information, it also has some myths and superstition.
Why do you ask?
Re: Miracles by femy2010(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2010
A definite answer would be a pre-answer to the issue of the existence of miracle.
Re: Miracles by thehomer: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2010
femy2010:

A definite answer would be a pre-answer to the issue of the existence of miracle.

All right I've answered but I wonder, is it just miracles that you believe in? Do you also believe in witches, angels, demons, talking animals etc?
Re: Miracles by femy2010(m): 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2010
Now I understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome! / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master / Bishop Vincent Ezeonyia Of Catholic Diocese Of Aba Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.