Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,526 members, 7,968,482 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:12 AM

Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. (1392 Views)

Thank God! I Have Just Been Offered An Appointment / He Got A Call From TOTAL For an Appointment. Pls Who Else Got It? / Miller Construction Company Offered Me An Appointment. Is It Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by jeemoh: 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2007
HELP!!!!!! GOT AN APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM EQUITY CONSULTING LTD AS A MANAGEMENT TRAINEE

Did anyone in the house get the same mail and requesting that a sum of 3,500 be paid to a personal skye bank account for a 3 days training to start on fri 19-23rd

i can't even remember applying

and i am not sure to part with such amount to some set of fraudsters

what do i do?

please help
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by ricadelide(m): 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2007
dont really know but this sounds phony to me. you said you didnt apply for the job - its very unlikely they'd offer you an employment without you applying. and, i dont think any company will require you to pay for a traineeship. i'd advise you to really check things out, cos its most likely a fraud.
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by SOJ(m): 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2007
I bet you its a genuine FRAUD!No self respecting company will ask u to pay to be employed.Dont be a mugu!
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by bandb1: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2007
My dear i also got the same email as u plz i don't believe this people i see no reason why a company recruting people would ask people to pay the sum of 3,500 into there own personal account i found out that its a savings account imagin when just 10 people pay that money how much it amounts to for doing nothing. My dear we are literates lets not allow some bunch of fraudsters play with our heads my advise is forget those people.
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by crito(m): 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2007
na wa ooo. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by Lush: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2007
Dude, it reeks of 419. I for one do not reply to vacancies that require you to reply to a free email account (eg: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, msn, etc). Another thing is their use of English, its pathetic and i would not even encourage you to work for an organisation that would allow such an error to be published or broadcast. And the most shocking thing about this is the fact that they are asking you to pay 3,500 into an account that is not registered in the company's name. They also did not ask you to bring along proof of payment, pray tell, how will they know you have paid? The Head of Human Resources can not also be the Head of Finance, these are 2 job functions and the accountants & HR people in the house will testify to that. Thats my 2 cents ,

NB: This is the reply i gave in a post talking about recruitment agencies (Equity consulting in particular)
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by tutsie(f): 10:01am On Apr 16, 2007
it stinks,smells n reeks of FRAUD.i got d mail too.n of course i also did nt apply but was offered employment.everybodddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiii ruuuuuuuuuunnnn they are theives n stupid fraudsters.
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by ngwanma(f): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2007
I got the same mail too.In short i'm confused too because i cannot remember applying for such.
Re: Help! Got An Appointment Letter From Equity Consulting Ltd. by Domino50: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
House, please let no one fall for this o, its a BIG SCAM.

(1) (Reply)

Oceanic Bank Is Calling 4 Interview / Bank Phb Test / Odu'a Telecoms It And Other Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.