Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,056 members, 7,903,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer (593 Views)

Please Help Out! Advice From Experienced Web Designers Needed / How To Be A Successful Web-developer / "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by emirateone: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2010
Hi,
Am looking for an expert in Web Development. Someone who can actually deploy and develop a standard dynamic website. Someone that has years of Website design with past jobs to prove. The person will recreate, redesign and implement an interactive and dynamic website for my company base in the US, Lagos and Abuja. We already have an existing website that is plain and active, hosted in the US but we need to change that. I need an experienced developer with knowledge in Java, asp.net, VB etc.

If you have the capabilities and your are up to the task, then contact me on 08020841588 or 08136615551 on or before Tuesday 3rd August 2010. Also send your CV to my email sholalademo@yahoo.com, I will schedule an appointment and interview with you and my Directors but firstly we need to meet, discuss and refer me to your past jobs, then we are in business. Note; this is a contract job.
Expecting your urgent response.
Shola
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2010
Well. . . .ehm. . . . .i heared web developer, then i also heard java and VB? isn't that core programming stuffs? unless you meant java (as in javascript or JSP or do you mean java applets?) and VB (as in vbscript or asp or asp.net) ?
I actually do all these languages (both programming and web development), but i am asking on behalf of those applying.
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by lojik(m): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2010
@poster
I suggest you edit your post and remove the Java and VB. It makes you sound funny requesting for those technologies as a requirement for web developers. You can add PHP and javascript instead.
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
@OP

I think you should have just told us what exactly you want to do, then we the developers will decide what language to use. Java and VB are core programming languages. Except of course you want to deply a plugin or applet. Just be lucid. You can call me on 07065875062 or email afam4eva@gmail.com.
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2010
IMHO, the way the poster wrote this stuff makes it look as if, core programming knowlege is an essential requirement for a web developer - and that is in-correct or rather misleading. If you mentioned a software programmer+website developer, that will be a different thing entirely.
I am not applying sha, just passing by. . .
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2010
All those Languages the Poster Mentioned can be used for a Web Based Application, he may as well be referring to Java in the sense of JSP or Even Applet Development, possibly a Chat Applet or some other applet,

As for ASP, Isn't that the technology that is like PHP It is use for the web.

The problem of the poster is lack of lucidity as to what the development entails that should require such level of knowledge from the Applicant, Just discovered most peeps want developers to posses more knowledge than they will even use for the project at hand, Peeps wanna know how many languages one know,

It's not about how many, it's about how well one can use the few he knows, to solve the issue at hand.

And please specify how good the pay is, so i can decide if i can trade the 250k Job i have @ Hand for this one grin
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by DualCore1: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2010
@donpuzo, you are correct there. a web based application is what i do sometimes, but the topic i suspect meant a web-application as in d-h-t-m-l which is a different thing entirely.
ASP is a form of vb language similar to PHP and JSP. Aho, so you want to trade a job-at-hand for . . .
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2010
@DHTML, I never said so ohhh, I was just trying to see, if the Cash would prompt me to actiivate my function replaceProject(),

Let's see about that bros, And i have also written a PrepareStatement, in case this one no click,

But come Chief DHTML, how nice is that ASP?, cause JSP na tight language ohhh, I code with JSP, Finking of learning ASP too
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
asp.net is like an upgraded version of asp. vb and asp were first generation, and have been replaced by vb.NET and asp.NET respectively. I learnt both especially asp, but i have never used them in any professional job, i later came back to php for certain reasons.
Anyway mr donpuzo, web-based application can use vb/java but web application does not use vb/java (excp javascript, jsp or java applets).
Re: Urgently Need An Experienced Web Developer by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2010
@DHTML, hmmmm, KKK, No Probsz!

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Most Affordable Website Design / Off Topic / Help Me Design My Shirt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.