Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,614 members, 7,948,368 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

For Women Who Struggle With Feeling Enough! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Women Who Struggle With Feeling Enough! (278 Views)

Among These Four Old Women, Who Has The Real Swag?(photo) / 12 States Where Men Support Hitting Women Who Argue With Their Husbands - NDHS / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Women Who Struggle With Feeling Enough! by Theladysroom: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
As a young lady, I was surrounded by women who affirmed me. However, many of them were also caught up in the culture that largely prescribed how women are supposed to behave. In my experience, this meant that I was good enough if I did nothing to jeopardize my chances of getting married. I was considered worthy if a man showed serious interests towards me. So I learned how to comport myself and be domesticated enough for prospective suitors. The kind women who often affirmed me made sure I fit into this frame, leaving me confused and more than a little bit rebellious. By the time I started dating, it seemed as if I had unconsciously lost the battle for my self-worth and independence.
If I could go back in time, there are the three things I would have loved the women from my childhood to have taught me,

Your Voice is Valuable
I have always been perceived to be strong. And with my strong sense of justice, I also had a tendency to use my voice loudly in situations I considered unjust. Yet, I sometimes found myself holding back in certain situations because I feared my behavior was not publicly acceptable for women. Society believes that ‘as women’, we have to fight differently for what we want, either by being subtly subversive or overtly massaging the necessary male egos around, or submitting and accepting the status quo.
Read full article << https://theladysroom.ng/women-feeling-enough/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between Old Testament & New Testament Comedy Skit / Marriage & Relationship Blog / Happy Birthday To The Best Engr. In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.