Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,225 members, 7,904,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 07:35 AM

88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago (461 Views)

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour / 88-year-old Man Seeks Divorce From 55-year-old Wife Over Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by Rickyrick: 12:13am On Dec 07, 2018

Genevieve Purinton, 88-year-old, gave birth to Connie Moultroup in 1949 at a hospital in Indiana. After awhile she was informed by a staff that her baby had died.

The daughter, Connie Moultroup, 69-year-old, was taken to an orphanage and later adopted by a couple from Santa Barbara, California. But her adoptive parents died when she was 5-years-old.

Her adoptive mother died of cancer, and her adoptive father remarried but the woman was very abusive to Connie. Her adoptive father was later diagnosed with a heart condition.

Bonnie Chase, Connie’s daughter gave her mother an Ancestry.com DNA testing kit for Christmas last year. she has ever received.

Connie said:

"It took me a while to use it, but when I finally got the results I went from having only three known relatives (a daughter and two grandchildren), to 1,600 relatives. I was floored."

She got in touch with a distant cousin. Who led her to her mother. Connie got her mom’s information and sent her a card with contact numbers, and on September 8, her mother called. She said:

"I told her my mother’s name was Genevieve Purinton, and my cousin said, “Oh, that’s my aunt. And she’s still alive, living on her own.

I couldn’t believe it. I was going to meet my mother.

I was at church that day, and I never want to leave early, but that day I did. Literally, 20 minutes after getting home, my mother calls."

The two agreed to meet each other, and on Monday, the two finally reunited at Purinton’s home in a retirement community in Tampa, Florida.

"I met my mother and my cousin in person, and we cried. It was just a crying fest

Not everybody has this kind of outcome when looking for their parents, but I recommend you give it a try, you don’t know what will happen.:
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2018/12/06/an-88-year-old-woman-reunites-with-daughter-she-thought-died-at-birth-69-years-ago/

Re: 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by Rickyrick: 12:13am On Dec 07, 2018

Re: 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 07, 2018
God is wonderful!!!
Re: 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 07, 2018
Oboi last last na clients

If you know you know

Re: 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by Gboliwe: 1:56am On Dec 07, 2018
A nairalander needs urgent financial help. Please follow this link and help as you can.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/man-seeks-n8m-for-mothers-kidney-transplant/

Nairaland link: https://www.nairaland.com/4443372/please-save-mothers-life-shes
Re: 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by meobizy(f): 4:04am On Dec 07, 2018
How in the name of long life is this possible? If it was here one of them would have succumbed to death at forty five or earlier.
Re: 88-year-old Woman Reunites With Daughter She Thought Died At Birth 69 Years Ago by uboma(m): 4:16am On Dec 07, 2018
What a sad and joyous moment, all at once.

Happy family reunion.

(1) (Reply)

This House Must Not Burn!!!!! / Wow This Is The Best Investment Of All Times With Pics. / Borehole Drilling Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.