Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,643 members, 7,889,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:36 PM

Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan (906 Views)

Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' / Governorship Election: Who Is Osun State Next Governor? (Photos) / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 08, 2018
Igbanke has ruled
Akoko Edo has ruled
Bini has ruled
Esan you are next
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Born2Breed(f): 5:57am On Dec 08, 2018
Who ruled from Akoko-Edo?

Ambrose Alli was from Esan.
Oserhieme Osunbor is an Esan man.
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Born2Breed:
Who ruled from Akoko-Edo?

Ambrose Alli was from Esan.
Oserhieme Osunbor is an Esan man.
oshiomole?
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Born2Breed(f): 6:01am On Dec 08, 2018
Edodefender:
oshiomole?

Are you really from Edo State?

Oshiomole is Etsako. Or you meant Afemai?

1 Like

Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 08, 2018
Born2Breed:

Are you really from Edo State?

Oshiomole is Etsako. Or you meant Afemai?
they can be group as one
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 08, 2018
I am esan Edo central. Edo central has one homogeneous tribe which is esan.

Edo south is also a single homogeneous tribe which is bini.

Edo North is hetereogenous with two main tribe which are Etsako and Owan.

Owan has never be Governor. Owan has the right to argue to be the next Governor. If the Binis support Owan, Owan will get the seat.

However, I think Esan people need to play smart politics or else we will end up in Edo state the way Igbos are in National politics. The way we Esan put PDP in our head in Edo state, will make it difficult for an Esan man to win Edo state Governorship APC primary. Whoever the Binis support is the one that will win. Our arrogant nature may push bini to support Owan or even another Etsako man.

In politics, nothing come for free. Everything is from Negotiation because every citizen is qualified to contest by law. Zoning is not a legal issue. It is gentleman agreement. For us to achieve Esan Governor we must learn to allign to the govt at Osadabe Avenue and give atleast 50% of our vote to APC.

Edo central has the least voting population as a senatorial district in Edo State just the way south east has the lowest voting population of a geopolitical zone in Nigeria. Just the way south east like to boast how they dominate Lagos etc, we the Esan also love to deceive ourselves by claiming we dominate Benin especially the Aduwawa and Ikpoba hill axis.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Born2Breed(f): 6:13am On Dec 08, 2018
Edodefender:
they can be group as one

The group word is not Akoko-Edo.

Anyways, for fairness and equity. The next Governor after Obaseki's 2 terms will be from Edo central.
That is certain.

2 Likes

Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 08, 2018
Born2Breed:

The group word is not Akoko-Edo.

Anyways, for fairness and equity. The next Governor after Obaseki's 2 terms will be from Edo central.
That is certain.
I want the governor to be good I mean go and double obaseki efforts
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 6:39am On Dec 08, 2018
life2017:

Owan has never be Governor. Owan has the right to argue to be the next Governor. If the Binis support Owan, Owan will get the seat.

However, I think Esan people need to play smart politics or else we will end up in Edo state the way Igbos are in National politics. The way we Esan put PDP in our head in Edo state, will make it difficult for an Esan man to win Edo state Governorship APC primary. Whoever the Binis support is the one that will win. Our arrogant nature may push bini to support Owan or even another Etsako man.

In politics, nothing come for free. Everything is from Negotiation because every citizen is qualified to contest by law. Zoning is not a legal issue. It is gentleman agreement. For us to achieve Esan Governor we must learn to allign to the govt at Osadabe Avenue and give atleast 50% of our vote to APC.

Edo central has the least voting population as a senatorial district in Edo State just the way south east has the lowest voting population of a geopolitical zone in Nigeria. Just the way south east like to boast how they dominate Lagos etc, we the Esan also love to deceive ourselves by claiming we dominate Benin especially the Aduwawa and Ikpoba hill axis.
you just spoke sense but would our people listen, they look like Igbo's trying same lame politics and failing while it cries margilization.

If you know politics you can see the immediate 8yrs that buhari would win which ever way and obaseki would complete his 8yrs (the guy is trying and even his critics praise him plus APC national would need him).

It would be wise for esan to go with him fully, because he would get at least 50% south, 70% north, esan just has to be wise with its few votes and he knows how to reward loyalty
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Binikingdowm: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2018
zlantanfan:
you just spoke sense but would our people listen, they look like Igbo's trying same lame politics and failing while it cries margilization.

If you know politics you can see the immediate 8yrs that buhari would win which ever way and obaseki would complete his 8yrs (the guy is trying and even his critics praise him plus APC national would need him).

It would be wise for esan to go with him fully, because he would get at least 50% south, 70% north, esan just has to be wise with its few votes and he knows how to reward loyalty
buhari ain't winning I'm a pdp supporter but I support obaseki

Edo first before other thing
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2018
Binikingdowm:
buhari ain't winning I'm a pdp supporter but I support obaseki

Edo first before other thing
let me ask you for a minute what you intend doing when buhari wins?

Probably blow up yourself or go on hungry strike at iyeke-orhironwon to spite Nigeria
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Binikingdowm: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2018
zlantanfan:
let me ask you for a minute what you intend doing when buhari wins?

Probably blow up yourself or go on hungry strike at iyeke-orhironwon to spite Nigeria
nah, I won't even complain.

But I know buhari won't won.
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2018
Binikingdowm:
nah, I won't even complain.

But I know buhari won't won.
Bro, you have to take it easy o and prepare yourself for reality, I know I guy that said worse on nairaland 2015, he was first to rush in and start seeking help when depression started eating him
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Binikingdowm: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2018
zlantanfan:
Bro, you have to take it easy o and prepare yourself for reality, I know I guy that said worse on nairaland 2015, he was first to rush in and start seeking help when depression started eating him
I've nothing to loose if Buhari wins. undecided
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Favor99(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2018
zlantanfan:

Noted, by why should Esan vote for Obaseki or APC when they are marginalizing us and not developing our Esanland. Esan people made efforts to support APC but they still marginalized us. This marginalization started during Oshiomhole’s tenure
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by comos: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2018
Binis will support Esan this time. it is already happening in the PDP
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2018
Favor99:

Noted, by why should Esan vote for Obaseki or APC when they are marginalizing us and not developing our Esanland. Esan people made efforts to support APC but they still marginalized us. This marginalization started during Oshiomhole’s tenure
politics is about permanent interest, we haven't received one percent of the support we give pdp, oshomole is an esan hater but apc is the new reality
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by NNEWIsuper: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2018
life2017:

shut up and leave SE/igbos out of your misery you blowt
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by NNEWIsuper: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2018
zlantanfan:

these little urchins seem to get erection mentioning igbos, stfu..
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2018
comos:
Binis will support Esan this time. it is already happening in the PDP
I am Esan but I don't see that happening unless both parties decide to field same Esan.

Binis as we know it are very much comfortable with both parties and can switch since it isn't politically boxed in a corner like Esan to pdp or afemai to apc
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 10:22am On Dec 10, 2018
NNEWIsuper:

it isn't my fault that igbos have become a reference of tested political foolishness.

Seems the thing is really paining you cos I didn't attach your name to it
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by lconised: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2018
Chef2000, you are never bothered about your dead Abia state, even when it is very obvious that your state is dead. These Abia people are so cursed

NNEWIsuper:

2 Likes

Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Favor99(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2018
zlantanfan:
politics is about permanent interest, we haven't received one percent of the support we give pdp, oshomole is an esan hater but apc is the new reality
Yea true.
Why does Oshiomhole hate Esan lol?
Plus Obaseki is doing the same thing Oshomihole did.
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by zlantanfan: 11:20am On Dec 10, 2018
Favor99:

Yea true.
oshomole own is plain jealousy of what esan was in national politics then even as a minority (nobody really knew afemai in influential politics then). He is more of a bigot, check all his afemai appointees then, check how he took university and other infrastructure to his people.

Obaseki isn't into bigotry, he is fair in my opinion if you also consider that the same Esan may still give pdp same block vote.

My brother Ewan really has to learn politics even now that anineh has died the few things he could have influenced for esan under a pdp wouldn't even arise again.

Even though Pdp manages to get power today, Esan wouldn't be given any special treatment despite suffering neglect since 1999
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by Binikingdowm: 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Favor99:

Yea true.
obaseki doesn't hate any tribes please stop that
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by NNEWIsuper: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
zlantanfan:
it isn't my fault that igbos have become a reference of tested political foolishness.

Seems the thing is really paining you cos I didn't attach your name to it
ikpu nne gi
Re: Next Governor In Edo State Will Be An Esan by NNEWIsuper: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
lconised:
Chef2000, you are never bothered about your dead Abia state, even when it is very obvious that your state is dead. These Abia people are so cursed

Abia state is really caused as fvck, i was going to PH from Enugu the other day and i could not believe what my eyes saw

(1) (Reply)

NDE Empowerment of 11,600 Women And Youths in Akwa Ibom - Pics Attached / APM Adopts Buhari As Presidential Candidate, Launches Campaign / Rate Power Supply In Your Area This Year 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.