Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,676 members, 7,924,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 05:22 AM

5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America (45775 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: Economy Doing Better Than Previous Governments Under Buhari / 5 Major Things Nigeria Stands To Gain By Choosing A Visionary Leader Like Anyim / 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by mokaflex(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Everything
mrrights:

What makes it a nonsensical post? Help yourself

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by emypro17: 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
op,I thought I told u to stop smoking dat cheap shiit,,,,look wetin e don cause now

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Magnuschase: 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
Never ever have I ever seen a deluded piece of crap like this post!

Piracy, just go to Alaba.

Freedom of press, have you heard of the incessant incarceration of journalists and activists?

Patriotism should not you make you bend the truth about this nation.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Btruth: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
I can't believe that I just read that shit.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by sleekdre: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
What about 1,000,000 things America is doing better than Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Luthercboi709(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Are you looking for a photographer for street shots with any budget or do you wanna do a viral video, music video, covering of wedding, and shows etc
Please contact me via WhatsApp handle 07015421422
We work with every budget
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Zebulun15(m): 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
Which kind lie b dis one nah

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Ekez(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
@op ,yu are stupid.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Ekez(m): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:

What makes it a nonsensical post? Help yourself
yu are stupid

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by sogodihno: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
Sammy07:

I have also note your moniker that it's lies you like not the truth!.

you prefer being fed with lies to make you happy than to tell you the truth, to make you sad and re strategies...

u no get sense. how does this relate to what I said, I said some people derived joy in hearing bad thing about their country and u are spewing this nonsense. SMH!
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by kabillionaire(m): 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
manufacturing of electric wires! I don't know about other countries but, we're definitely better than china and India.
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Nimimerry(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
Maybe the Nigeria OP is talking about is in planet Mars...I need to relocate ASAP

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by staytravel: 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
I guess...

lol, we also both have terrible presidents.
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by excanny: 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
Foolish blogger

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Macon1212: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lies lies and lies. You don't even live in America how can you know what is going on here?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by hermesprogidy(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Dear MOD, please move this thread to the "joke" section of Nairaland where it rightly belongs. God bless you as you comply.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by luxiesagripro: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
So, number 3 is an achievement. Smh

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by hermesprogidy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
Zinnywise:
Why didn't you say that Nigeria have a walking dead as president and USA don't tongue tongue
They are both walking dead presidents.
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by HarryDuce(m): 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
I want to be patriotic, but these are mainly lies and a few, stale.

Lying to yourself to feel better is foolish. You can brag as much as you want if things were working as they should, but they're not.

You should state things as they are for goodness sake.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by AngelicBeing: 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
FarahAideed:
Hi OP how Sunday? Please can you furnish me with the phone number of your weed dealer ? I see he has great stuff
tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Nellybobo(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:
5 Things Nigeria is Doing Better than America

These are 5 areas that Nigeria is clearly outdoing the US in.

1. Nigeria’s economy is growing five times faster than the US

Most people don’t associate “West Africa” and “booming economy”, but despite the global downturn, the region is home to some growth rates that would make Ronald Reagan blush. Right near the top of that list is Nigeria, that with an average growth rate of 8.1%, are experiencing more growth than the US (a pitiful 1.5%), the UK, Canada, Australia, Japan and the entire European Union… combined.

2. Nigeria has stricter anti-piracy laws than the US

You read that right. Despite the RIAA, the MPAA, bills like SOPA and PIPA and 40,000 theaters all reminding you before a film of your moral integrity in regards to stealing cars, Nigeria are clearly ahead of America in fighting piracy. Their recent no tolerance laws have reaped some serious results: 26 anti-piracy raids, 6 million pirated works (worth US$5 million) seized and 145 arrests. Also, whereas arrests made in the US usually lead to a fine and a slap on the wrist for the offender, Nigerians convicted are facing prison, some for as long as 2 years for their offences.

3. Nigeria drinks more than the US.

Some may not consider this a way Nigeria is doing better than America, but for those college students who think nobody downs Natty Light like they do, Nigeria has something to say. Nigerians easily outdo Americans in alcoholic units per capita, but drinking Guinness is where they really shine. Consuming only a few hectoliters less than Ireland, Nigerians manage to drink significantly more of the black stuff than the US, despite Americans beer-guzzling ways and a population three times as large as Nigeria.

4. Nigerians care more about freedom of the press

Despite a historically free media, recent times have seen restrictive regimes doing their best Kim Jung Il impression with the media. But where other medias in Africa and Asia have been happy to roll over for their oppressive leaders, Nigerians would rather die than give up their rights, as several have. This past year, the Nigerian media won the Free Press Africa Award, partly in honor of the many journalists who died attempting to bring the truth to the masses. I’m not sure anyone at Fox News is planning on dying for their freedom anytime soon.

5. Nigeria, not America, is the world’s police.

Take a guess as to which country commits more troops to global peacekeeping operations than any other. If you’ve read the rest of this article so far, picked up on the theme and guessed Nigeria, you’d be correct. Nigeria ships off soldiers to 80 different countries in Africa, Europe and Asia. While Bangladesh is set to pass Nigeria’s contributions in the near future, they will still be contributing more soldiers than the EU and more than five times as many soldiers as the US. Team Nigeria World Police?

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/5-things-nigeria-is-doing-better-than.html?m=1
This is ridiculous

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by okosodo: 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Auxtin85:

Is this the popular Okosodo in Ekp
No, I be bini guy. I just like the name
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Conceptman: 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Basher8583:

I get it. You dont like good news. And since you dont like good news, BAD news will follow you for the rest of your life.
easy on yourself man. are u jubril

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Nature8(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
lilbest4:
you are an extremely misinformed illiterate blogger

grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by humilitypays(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
The topic should be: Useless Assumed Things Nigeria is Claiming to Do Better Than The US

The only things Nigeria is doing better than the US are:

1.) Poverty

2.) Terrorism

3.) Leadership looting & corruption

4.) Quota system instead of merit system undecided

5.) Mass unemployment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Ayobami7(m): 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
目前这比分晋级
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ladies n gents, there really is no point trying to critique a post as ridiculous as this. Imagine the fella saying 'US has a population thrice that of Nigeria'. Funny nigga!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Spidermon: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
okosodo:
Lies. You see, this is how we reason that's why buhari became president

Lol.
No mind the OP.
Very stupid set of points.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Benjamin08: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
FarahAideed:
Hi OP how Sunday? Please can you furnish me with the phone number of your weed dealer ? I see he has great stuff

Lol that's funny

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by PastorAji(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
grin grin grin

1. Nigeria became the global capital of EXTREME POVERTY in the year 2018, but somehow its economy is growing 5 times faster than America's.

2. Nigeria has stricter anti piracy laws than America, and yet Nigeria's anti piracy law is one outdated colonial law that doesn't even contain
anything about digital online or electronic copyright infringements.

3. Nigeria with a population of 200 million outdrinks America which has a population of over 300 million and this is supposed to fill us with pride?

4. Nigerians care more about freedom of the press, so people like Deji Adeyanju whose only offence is being openly critical about the dullard president is being harassed and nobody is protesting about it? Nigerians care more about freedom of the press and yet the dullard's Special Assistant on Media Affairs mounted pressure on Channels TV to doctor the video of Femi Adesina where he made a blunder that all over the world, figures of military casualties are never published by the media? Was it not British and American journalists who corrected the idiot called Femi Adesina and called him out for being a liar? Or what about when the dullard tried to suppress news reports about GandOLE's bribery scandal?

5. Nigeria is the world's police and yet it cannot even police its own backyard. The technically defeated Boko Haram is wrecking havoc inspite of
1 billion dollars allegedly spent on the military, Fullanus herdsmen have murdered over 10,000 people since 2015 when this moronic
administration came into power, A new terror group called ISWAP has emerged and they massacred innocent aid workers who were only trying
to help starving refugees, Leah Sharibu has now been in the hands of Boko Haram since February and unless a miracle happens, she will
probably be spending Christmas in captivity. Meanwhile the Nigerian Army has been called out by Amnesty International on several occasions
for sexually abusing women in IDP camps and trading food for sex.

Seriously, what is going on on NL these days? If it is not naked instagram models, it is nonsense like this that makes it to the Front page nowadays. Is Osewa so desperate for quality frontpage material that he is allowing outright lies and deceit to be pushed on this forum?

Seun you worked hard to make NL the most visited Nigerian website, but it seems that in recent times your complacency and your unwillingness to exercise greater oversight on your mods is gradually diminishing the quality of content on Nairaland.

pls help me manage am
Pls help me mn

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Heartbender: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hell no...to the naw, naw, naw...This post is all shades of wrong. Like, what did OP smoke to gain this confidence. I need me some for public speech

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Between EFCC And Segalink On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.