Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,152 members, 7,896,907 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:11 AM

7 Ways To Train Your Mind To Take Action - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Ways To Train Your Mind To Take Action (286 Views)

How To Train Your Mind To Be Stronger Than Your Emotions / How To Train Your Brain To Remember Almost Anything / How To Train Your Brain To Stop Worrying ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Train Your Mind To Take Action by Walliberry65: 1:30am On Dec 10, 2018
The mind is a set of cognitive faculties including consciousness, perception, thinking, judgement, language and memory. It is usually defined as the faculty of an entity’s thoughts and consciousness. … Older viewpoints included dualism and idealism, which considered the mind somehow non-physical.

1.write your 10 goals

Another essential step in programming your subconscious mind is to write down at least once a day (preferably first thing in the morning or at the very least, right before bed) your 10 goals needed to achieve your vision of success.

The simple act of writing down your goals provides a powerful visual reminder of the things you must do to achieve your mission.

Writing out your goals also programs your subconscious mind to begin taking action to achieve the goals you’ve crystallized on paper.

Remember, your subconscious mind does not judge, cannot tell fact from fiction, and only retains those things you’ve implanted into it in a specific format.

That’s why it’s absolutely essential that when writing down your 10 goals, you communicate with your subconscious in the only way it can truly understand and fully process. I will show you exactly how to do that.

By following the right format for writing your 10 goals, your subconscious will instantly go to work and kickstart the exact actions needed towards your progress!

And soon (perhaps in within a few days or weeks), you’ll realize that, subconsciously, you’ve been taking the right actions you must do to achieve your goals. Does that sound good to you?
Calm your mind with meditation

There have been many studies done that prove meditation is healthy for both the mind and body.

The healthier the mind, the more likely it will function properly to help you achieve your goals.

One of my favorite sayings about meditation is “In stillness, lies success.”

It’s amazing how dramatically you can improve your life by taking just a few minutes every day to sit quietly and not let your mind think about your responsibilities, tasks, and other to-do’s that dictate your daily routine.

My personal meditation routine is to take 5 minutes right after waking up to sit up in bed, close my eyes, and think about nothing but breathing.

These 5 minutes every day get me focused on my day at hand and set the stage for my subconscious to direct me in taking actions and achieving goals.

You’ll need to come up with your own meditation routine, but the important thing is to stick with it and be consistent.

Even meditating for 2 minutes while you’re alone in the office restroom will have a beneficial health effect.
Exercise your body to clear your mind
Oftentimes, our conscious mind can get so cluttered throughout the day with a seemingly endless array of information.

In addition to things like social media and instant communication via text, email, and other methods, it’s no wonder that information overload can lead to burnout and inaction.

That’s why exercise is such a powerful tool in helping your subconscious to achieve your goals.

You will boost endorphins (chemicals produced in your brain that make you feel good) while clearing your mind to help you make better decisions.

And the more good decisions you make, the more likely you will achieve your goals and attain success. And that’s what you really want, isn’t it?

By clearing the conscious mind (at least for a little while) and encouraging you to focus on a physical activity, you are refreshing and re-charging your subconscious mind to allow you to make better conscious decisions in business and life.
Positive Affirmations:

The use of Positive Affirmations helps the Subconscious mind to reprogram through repeated personal, positive, present tense statements that can override the negative belief or negative thoughts already registered. The repetition of these affirmations brings about new attitude while creating new pathways in the Subconscious mind. This also helps the Subconscious mind to start acting in those ways. For example, the repetition of “I choose happiness at all times” can change your mindset about anger or sadness. You should also avoid the use of negative words like ‘I do not want trouble today’. Instead say, ‘I want Peace in my life’.

2. Visualisation:

For an individual that wants to see success, visualization is a technique that could enable you to create detailed mental pictures that depict a specific desired outcome. This is exactly the technique used by Innovators and idea generators when they are designing and creating new products that bring massive development into the World and you too can apply visualisation into your everyday life. These mental images so created, stimulate the Subconscious mind into accepting them as reality, while directing behavior as needed towards achieving the desired goal.

3. Hypnosis:

Hypnosis is a therapy that works with the Subconscious mind as it enables the individual to achieve a state of extreme relaxation. The Subconscious mind is easier to access once you are in this state because the Conscious mind is able to release its grip. The Subconscious mind could be easily reprogrammed to accept new thoughts as reality while under hypnosis.

4. Subliminal Audios/Videos:

The use of subliminal audios or videos is beneficial to the Subconscious mind whether done while asleep or awake. Just as the Conscious mind is listening to the music being played or the video being watched, the Subconscious mind is hearing the hidden information recorded underneath the audio or video. Bear in mind that your Conscious mind could distract this information from registering on the Subconscious mind if this is mostly done while awake.

Source:https://entertainmenthub.com.ng/7-ways-to-train-your-mind-to-take-action/

(1) (Reply)

5 Foods That Lower Blood Pressure / Poor State Of The Health System In Nigeria, (UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL, Ib) / Staphylococcus Aureus What Is The Big Deal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.