Stats: 3,173,773 members, 7,889,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! (22397 Views)

FG To Unveil Beneficiaries Of Halliburton Bribe / Buhari To Unveil Anti-corruption Strategy / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by snthesis(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
on the bright side- lots of ppl will actually get a share of the national cake atlast grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Hauwa1: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2010
hope they use native spice to make the cake. not all the fake artificial products undecided
would'nt eat it, think of all the sweat, catarrh, unwashed hands rolling the dough undecided
think of them using tub to mix the ingredients undecided

ummmm
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Ayire(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
Dont know why u ar so concerned wit this cake thing,u support doesnt matter dey ar goin to do it anyway,it even better dey ar baking cake wit the money if they decide to keep it for themselves u cant do anytin ALL I NO IS DAT SOM NIGERIANS AR BENEFITIN FROM IT.if u dont lik it setup a revolution team, peace
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by DrKnow1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
mr.official:

That cake should be poisoned grin grin grin

Gbam! With the Governors and their First Ladies being served first grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by SwtzMinx(f): 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
.i wanna get ma share of the nATioNal cAke*~ ¤exicted*
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
unserious country, very soon they will tell u the buget 4 the cake was 500million naira, thieves undecided
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by SwtzMinx(f): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2010
.i wanna get ma share of the nATioNal cAke*~ ¤exicted*
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
I thank God that finally, my country Nigeria is to be feautured in the Guinness Book of records in a good way. Thank God that finally at least something like electricity supply has finally improved tremendously in my area, such that anytime I come home from work in the evening, there is always power supply. I thank God for providing a visionary leader who knows how to do things without making too much noise; who takes time out to even chat wih his people on Facebook. I thank God for all the many things He has been doing for our country, too numerous to mention and pray that he continues to bless the country in many more ways.

Father, I pray that you continue to bless us, and for those who can never see anything good about my country, may they continue to never see anything good about the country and may the country never see anything good about them. As they sit down in their armchairs and post nothing but blind senseless criticisms about my country, may the country also turn a blind eye to them. Father bless those who bless Nigeria and CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE NIGERIA.

As they stay from afar and see only the good things in other countries, may the blessings which you would have reserved for them be passed on to us here who try the best we can to move our Nation foward.

Bless us now and always. This and many more we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by oderemo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
Father, I pray that you continue to bless us, and for those who can never see anything good about my country, may they continue to never see anything good about the country and may the country never see anything good about them. As they sit down in their armchairs and post nothing but blind senseless criticisms about my country, may the country also turn a blind eye to them. Father bless those who bless Nigeria and CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE NIGERIA.

can that prayer extend to 2011, maybe, by then GOD would have solved all our problems.
mr. prayer.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by djcombo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2010
plain joblessness,
just shows how disillusioned our leaders are
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by SSaemoenl(m): 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
God punish the wicked among us. lead them to hell fire as they continue to make life unbearable of your people. They should suffer like the rich man in hell. AMEN embarassed angry cry
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Beaf: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
They say the greatest African decease is that we don't read. Some fools are busy blaming the govt for something a private citizen is organising with his own cash. This is from the original article which many have foolishly not read, but feel they are competent to comment on. Shame.

The organiser of the World’s largest cake project, Victor Oluwafemi, says he has tagged the project, ‘one meal one nation’, in line with the philosophy behind the project.

The project is a [size=14pt]private endeavour [/size] which myself and my team thought of. . .

. . .Again, shame!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Adrianne(f): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
P
Beaf:

They say the greatest African decease is that we don't read. Some fools are busy blaming the govt for something a private citizen is organising with his own cash. This is from the original article which many have foolishly not read, but feel they are competent to comment on. Shame.

. . .Again, shame!

People simply refused to read the article.
Please people READ it. R E A D it.

[size=20pt]READ THE ARTICLE[/size]
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by member479760: 9:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
Mr. president don't forget that more than 70% of your people are living on less than $2 a today and without electricity.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Adrianne(f): 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
[size=70pt]READ THE ARTICLE NIGERIANS!! LMFAO[/size]
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by knice(m): 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
What an abuse of state resources. Making merry of our collapsed economy.

Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by IbrahimB: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
I bet the organisers think that this GIANT Cake puts Nigeria at par with the likes of US, UK or France. A job very well done I must say.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by DrKnow1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2010
Beaf:

. . .Again, shame!

Wait until your private citizen send a bill of N50,000,000 for that poisnous f.ucking cake. I hope you f.o.o.l.s all choke on it.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by ijawgirl: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
coal_coal:

I will be in Abuja
to eat part of the national cake ,
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by mamagee3(f): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
Is that a stadium or a cake?

This thread is kind of absurd.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Ibime(m): 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2010
From a technical point of view, how are we sure that the inside of the cake will be cooked properly? tongue
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by mrofficial(m): 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2010
Ibime:

From a technical point of view, how are we sure that the inside of the cake will be cooked properly?  tongue

Wait till them eat am finish.  grin
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by HighChief4(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
And am sure the cost of that cake is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. If i say i'm surprised i would be lying
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by eros(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
The Government can't do anything for us and Nigeria as a whole because they are only interested in filling up their bank accounts and stealing more money all over again. Change must come from the masses, we must bring about the change we desire in Nigeria.

I am already a member of a body that is about to bring about that change that Nigeria has long waited for. Although it might take some years, but change must definitely come to Nigeria. Its GEMSTONE and vision 2025. It shall come to pass because it is not the vision of mere men, but what God has written and spoken about Nigeria and we His children shall bring it to pass.

OH!!! God of creation
Direct our Noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youths the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and Justice shall reign
AMEN
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Adrianne, learn to calm yourself down please.  This is not, I repeat not, the first time a program like this was offered to us on the FREE OF CHARGE plate, only for us to discover it cost us millions still at the end of the day. Ask Akunyili how she innitially offered us Rebranding and promised some of the same backers would foot the bill, only for the same to crawl to the senate demanding for money for her project still.

This is a cake that is to be unveiled on, no other day, but October 1st and that is the same day we have just recently read our government has approved billions of naira in spending for. So, common sense will cause anyone to wonder if that cake is connected in anyway, some way to that money. And it makes absolute sense to inquire even further to ensure it is not.

I don't have a problem with the cake itself . . . matter of fact, if it is private or not, I would rather skip. However, I am more concerned about how much of our money is going to the making of it.

I asked you a question on this earlier- do you have some sort of inside information on this that we can read up on to better understand if this is wholly private or just the same old fluff?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by HighChief4(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
Beaf:

. . .Again, shame!

Private citizens should get more involved with projects that will better the lives of suffering nigerians, why baking such a cake for a nation that the government has subjected children to desperate wants and physical deprivations. Bill Gate gave money to nigeria to fight malaria, which his original intention is to ensure that poor nigerians are healthy, now this is the type of things expected from private rich citizens and not baking a miserable cake for celebration of 50yrs of ineptness, Shame
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Chongaiman: 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
For those against this private initiative (as if it's their family's wealth that would be used), here's a record that may satisfy your proclivities:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/amazing_feats/unusual_skills/most_cockroaches_eaten.aspx

Who would start the campaign for the right of the cockroaches to life?!!!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by mamagee3(f): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2010
No offense to anyone nor the poster. . .

But that cake can give anyone who eats it a cough. grin
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Fynist(m): 11:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
Private project my arse.If it is private wot doz d president ve 2 do wif it.Well i hope d rain comes down n ruin dat goddamned cake.Cake 4 whom?Ve u eva seen someone celebratin failure wif a cake?If they announce evry nigerian 'll get power free.4 a month it 'll b nice.I dnt think Guinness world record 'll give a damn.because dat cake might b made of beans
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Fynist(m): 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
mama-gee:

No offense to anyone nor the poster. . .

But that cake can give anyone who eats it a cough. grin

Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by oyinda3(f): 12:08am On Aug 03, 2010
the national cake will be shared. literally. hahha

naija and our show off culture sha. one of d poorest country in d world making biggest cake in d world to celebrate failure. why can't we build the biggest bridge in d world instead? or the best university? why cake? what is cake? lol what a disgrace our country is.

Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) / Fashola Performs Umrah In Saudi Arabia(pics) / President Buhari Participates At APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off In Sokoto