Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,136 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:53 AM

CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv (24941 Views)

Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 / Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by smemud(m): 4:29am On Dec 10, 2018
give kudos to The PUNCH newspaper for the opportunity given to the masses through this medium to air their views and grievances on issues of national importance .
It is disheartening that organisations like Multichoice Nigeria take delight in exploiting the fact that the Consumer Protection Council which is supposed to act like a check to their excesses is not working in this country . Multichoice is always in the habit of ripping off its subscribers in Nigeria either through poor service delivery or deceptive marketing strategies .
GOtv , a product on the stables of Multichoice Nigeria , is the worst in terms of service delivery and the company does not seem to be bothered, yet they keep disturbing us with one deceptive marketing jingles or the other . I am a GOtv subscriber with IUC Number 4613148216. Each month I renew my subscription , I don ’t get to enjoy the package for up to a week and then for the rest period of the month, it is either the decoder is not connecting to its server or its server is encountering problems at its end. At the end of the day , the channels on the decoder will not be complete. For some time now , the channels displaying on my decoder are not up to 15 . To worsen the situation , its customer care numbers are not connecting and there is no medium to communicate this to them and at the end of the subscription , they will not deem it fit to compensate me for this inconvenience .
Emmanuel Ike ,
Idimu Road , Ikotun,
Lagos ,https://punchng.com/cpc-save-us-from-multichoicegotv/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Forreellinc: 5:24am On Dec 10, 2018
grin no be buy force to watch cable na

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Lexusgs430: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2018
Download Tap TV Pro, Mobdro, Livenettv etc etc ......

30 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by helinues: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2018
Oh boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Sisqoman(m): 5:53am On Dec 10, 2018
Mtewwww, no comment
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by MRAKBEE(m): 5:53am On Dec 10, 2018
They suck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by dkronicle(m): 5:54am On Dec 10, 2018
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by arthurwillia(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2018
embarassed
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by DareBello(m): 5:57am On Dec 10, 2018
If multichoice is giving you issue you can point to NIGCOMSAT FREE TO AIR. The content is not bad at all. 42.5 E 12518H 29500.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Mannylex(m): 5:58am On Dec 10, 2018
When the desirable is not available the available becomes desirable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Nonso92(m): 5:59am On Dec 10, 2018
Bros, you will have to scan it yourself oo.

If you don't fix it, they won't come to your aid.

If you watch DStv, you'd see the numerous adverts that they're showing on how multichoice has helped Nigerians, you'd start to think that they're responsible.

It's not their fault. So far, there hasn't been any company Strong enough to compete with them, that's why.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by manforgu: 5:59am On Dec 10, 2018
Where this other wayo boy own S somethinggrin grin grin
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Okiemuteomos(m): 6:00am On Dec 10, 2018
smemud:
give kudos to The PUNCH newspaper for the opportunity given to the masses through this medium to air their views and grievances on issues of national importance .
It is disheartening that organisations like Multichoice Nigeria take delight in exploiting the fact that the Consumer Protection Council which is supposed to act like a check to their excesses is not working in this country . Multichoice is always in the habit of ripping off its subscribers in Nigeria either through poor service delivery or deceptive marketing strategies .
GOtv , a product on the stables of Multichoice Nigeria , is the worst in terms of service delivery and the company does not seem to be bothered, yet they keep disturbing us with one deceptive marketing jingles or the other . I am a GOtv subscriber with IUC Number 4613148216. Each month I renew my subscription , I don ’t get to enjoy the package for up to a week and then for the rest period of the month, it is either the decoder is not connecting to its server or its server is encountering problems at its end. At the end of the day , the channels on the decoder will not be complete. For some time now , the channels displaying on my decoder are not up to 15 . To worsen the situation , its customer care numbers are not connecting and there is no medium to communicate this to them and at the end of the subscription , they will not deem it fit to compensate me for this inconvenience .
Emmanuel Ike ,
Idimu Road , Ikotun,
how problem in this country is I don't care gotv sometimes you subscriber and you don't get to see all the channel's complete now this guy is trying to make a point here somebody up there is saying them beg you to watch cable if I may guest that guy must be a SA guy or a multi choice agent.

26 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by oruma19: 6:01am On Dec 10, 2018
Too bad. Nigerian leaders dont carr about their pple. In south africa it is efficient and almost costs nothing. Nigwria is the centre of business for all these companies because it is easy to rip off the customers, settle lawful agencies who would have risen up to sanction them and life goes on. Blame ur leaders, blame the law makers that are the most useless in tge world,blame the entire leadership andnfollowership like u and me. If we boycott the use of GOtv person go die?

23 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by ExAngel007(f): 6:03am On Dec 10, 2018
dont watch pay tv anymore

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Tizu(m): 6:06am On Dec 10, 2018
smemud:
Emmanuel Ike ,
Idimu Road , Ikotun,

Poor man. You still in addition to their poor services buy fuel daily to enable you watch your television. Don't you think that you are a great looser? How many of your family members are working with multichoice that you have become their milk cow? I boycotted them long time ago when I found out that they work hand in hand with our government officials to reap us off.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:07am On Dec 10, 2018
Forreellinc:
grin no be buy force to watch cable na
If he is paying for the service, it should be rendered!

Afterall he saw other options before subscribing!

If multichoice is not owing up to their own side of the bargain, they should be sanctioned by the appropriate quarters!

It would be better if it's made pay per view! In that way, they would sit up!

29 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by HarryDuce(m): 6:07am On Dec 10, 2018
The heading of this thread is very funny. It's not like you're being forced to patronise them. If you think they're not worthy of your patronage, you simply stop patronising them. Simple as that.

The problem you are facing is a technical one. Too bad they've not come to your aid. I think you should go to any of their offices close to you and place a complaint.

4 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by naijanaso: 6:10am On Dec 10, 2018
Truth be told! Multichoice knows they have no competition in Nigeria, that is why they can act they way the want. HiTV came out and made all the noise...what happened? The biggest flop of the century (TSTV) came up with their massive failure and ended up as a free to air provider, rending their distributors poor. People hired offices to sell their products and for over a year now they are crying. Our country on the other hand is not providing the needed environment for business. Multichoice runs generator like 30hrs each day to be in service, so what do we expect them to do?
All the thieves we have as politicians can not put resources together to float a common brand and save us from this, rather they prefer stacking the money abroad.
For now, DSTV is the only stable provider...I have used them all and I am stuck with DSTV. It is better for me to use the least bouquet in DSTV than waste my money on any rubbish. This is my personal view.

37 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Ten06(m): 6:11am On Dec 10, 2018
They can be contacted on email and they will reply within 2mins, but the channel we receive on Gotv these days are not very entertaining. They have taken out most of the channels that made me to buy it

5 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Yabaleftstudent: 6:14am On Dec 10, 2018
hi niaralanders pls I need ur help... I need 3k plz anyone willing to help I'd appreciate u plsss
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by HillsBlaze(m): 6:14am On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
If multichoice is giving you issue you can point to NIGCOMSAT FREE TO AIR. The content is not bad at all. 42.5 E 12518H 29500.

How?

3 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by MVLOX(m): 6:14am On Dec 10, 2018
Osusu Cable people abeg make we meet here....lol
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by kyaagbanairaland(m): 6:23am On Dec 10, 2018
Gotv thought they can scam me.
I bought a brand new Gotv decoder which came with 1 month free subscription. I was expecting them to block the channels after expiration because I learnt it is pay before service. They did not block the channels and for the next 8 months, I was watching the channels free (Gotv Max). After 8 months, they blocked it and sent me a bill that I am owing 27000 naira. I just 'jejely' pack their decoder aside. No be me and them.

58 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by dalass(f): 6:24am On Dec 10, 2018
Which one is now okay in its services.?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by shosky1794: 6:25am On Dec 10, 2018
Had the same problem several in the past. I had to stop my subscription from this month. I told them that on twitter but they didn't even respond. I think they only respond to activation of subscription requests. Since the different regulators are sleeping, multichoice are free to do whatever they like.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by kyaagbanairaland(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Download Tap TV Pro, Mobdro, Livenettv etc etc ......
These Apps consume data a lot.

6 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Lexusgs430: 6:34am On Dec 10, 2018
kyaagbanairaland:

These Apps consume data a lot.

When you compare against having a paid subscription, they are much cheaper on the long run.....
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by CharleyBright(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2018
smemud:
Emmanuel Ike ,
Idimu Road , Ikotun,

If the Channels are not complete, then your antennae is not facing the right signal path.
Turn your antennae. Or call a Technician

2 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Hotzone(m): 6:42am On Dec 10, 2018
Their channels starts from 31 which is sports instead 1...Africa, my continent I weep for u
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Hotzone(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2018
CharleyBright:

If the Channels are not complete, then your antennae is not facing the right signal path.
Turn your antennae. Or call a Technician
Abobi, this ish is from them server, aboki!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by thedondada(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2018
Lol. Dstv is a scam.

I only pay when I am on leave or during the holidays like this period just to tide over till the new year. After that it's till the next leave or new year.

Dstv agents have called me tire. They have come to understand my stand and given up

Who even has time to be watching tv.

Guy you can stop subscrining

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alfa Sule Oruka Nla Instrumentals Mp3 Download / BBNaija: Seyi Wins Health Advocacy Challenge / AMVCA: Uzee Usman Is First Northerner To Be Nominated As Best Actor In Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.