Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,725 members, 7,879,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:24 PM

Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians (9141 Views)

‘Stop Panic Buying’ — NNPC Assures Nigerians Of 30-Day Petrol Stock / NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) / Marketers Ask Nigerians To Stop Panic Buying As Fuel Queues Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Blogsphere: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, (NNPC) has assured petroleum products consumers not to panic as it holds 2.6billion litres of petrol and 90,000 metric tonnes of Kerosene.

It said the holding is expected to last 52 days, assuming no single drop of products is imported from now.

This comes even as Naija News earlier reported that the Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association of Nigeria (DAPPMAN) suspended its earlier directive to commence shutdown of depots across the country from loading petroleum products effective from 12-midnight today (Monday).

NNPC spokesman Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, in a release, early today in Abuja said the purported shut down of operations by DAPPMAN would not affect products distribution as NNPC had ordered all its depots across the country and those of bulk purchase marketers it recently entered agreements with to undertake a 24 hour operations to avert any shortages in products distribution in the country.

SOURCE: https://www.inoutnaija.com/2018/12/stop-panic-buying-nnpc-caution-nigerians.html

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Is it their panicking?

Is it their buying?

Who wants to trust APC's NNPC that it has 2.6billion liters of petrol?

Na lie abeg

19 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by helinues: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
So many times beaten, infinite shy

4 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by oluwasegun007(m): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
Is that suppose to be an advise.....

Who Will give me petrol to fuel ma car...

Or petrol to fuel ma generator to watch my blues play...

Is it your money

In fact I would do critical buying.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by seangy4konji: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
Lol
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Pearlyakin(m): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
The lying liars.
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by sonnie10: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
It's not just about availability of products but in this administration of strike, even petrol attendants could decide to go on strike tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
How can we stop panic buying when you people are panic hoarding fuel?

6 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by BruncleZuma: 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by ALEXANDER51: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
OK..OO PLEASE EVENT OF ASSU STRICK SHOULD BE COVERED
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Richdad50(m): 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
We the people do not deserve this level of humilation from our leaders. While their children fill up their tanks, the people beg to fill up a gallon.
Who has tamed us and caged our courage. Who taught us to accept wrong as norm and disservice from our leaders as survival.
A country that do not care for the basic neccesities of its citizens do not deserve to be a country.

#Richdad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
It happens everytime at this time of the year.... It's not their fault.
It will soon be a thing of the past....straight to the NEXT LEVEL we go.....

1 Like

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by bravomd(m): 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
For this by weekend I'll buy 50 litres and store, fuel scarcity and Xmas are 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by nairaman66(m): 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
Stop panic buying, yet you people created the panic in the first place!! Importing petrol and kerosene in this 21st century! Living in Nigeria is hell itself!!

Stupid country and government!!

5 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Nevee: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
yen yen yen. It's funny how past fuel scarcity crisis (especially during the festive period) happened just this way: Oil marketers threaten to go on strike, government disclaims and assures of supply, strike eventually happens and before you know it, there's scarcity everywhere, giving Nigerians a horrible experience. I remember that poor cab driver whose video went viral sometime ago asking that all Nigerians (himself included) be dead so we'd start all over again, after queuing up for several days at the fueling station. Lol! Man said he already spent the money intended for fuel on feeding himself right on the queue. But that was how many years ago and we are till here today?

Nigerians have suffered!

ASUU- on stirke
ASUP- to begin strike on Wednesday
Oil marketers- on strike
Light nko? E no dey
Fuel to put for gen- E no dey
Police brutality- that one full ground
Boko haram killings- constant
Salary to enjoy christmas- Never!

Pls what are Nigerians enjoying exactly? Oh God, Nigerians are merely existing and not living, Nigerians have suffered!

5 Likes

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by jericco1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
mad people, is there any year that there isn't scarcity of petroleum products in this country? nonsense
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Rocktation(f): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Una don start. Every Christmas, the same shenanigan.
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by PrettyHelen(f): 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
We should not panic buy ba?

So you can tell us another story when fuel scarcity hits. Better safe than sorry.

Easiest way to making over N100,000 monthly online with no investement

https://www.nairaland.com/4896520/easiest-way-making-over-n100000#73726160
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by gurunlocker: 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
The question is, are you going to release the petrol and kerosene to those that want to load it?

Or you will still find a way to maximize profit this festive period while subjecting Nigerians to hardship?
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by lawrence35(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
If you have were to put it, buy it.
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by kings09(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Nigerians can never trust dis lying govt n its sinister agencies.
Buy as much as possible if u hv whr to store it safely.

Yeye govt
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by slayprint: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
Fuel scarcity has become a norm during this period every year. Will it be different this year? It is not by words but by action.

I make 3D customized phone case please check my profile.
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by CTechHub(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
OK. cool
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by slawomir: 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Isoright
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Nevee: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sanusi was right: "Oil importation is a business in which any idiot can make money. Nigeria's "subsidy" is one of a kind, subsidizing consumption against production".

You'd be shocked to know that most of these oil vessels only mark attendance in Nigeria just so they can claim subsidy after which they are illegally diverted to neighboring countries where petrol price per litre is much higher. Or is it not the same country where amidst fuel crisis, someone at the ports would still sign documents claiming 30 vessels delivered oil in a single day?

It's hard to disprove that Nigeria is a failed experiment.

1 Like

Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by dfrost: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Until I see army guys flogging pump attendants for not selling, then I will not panic buy. Iranu pelu abasha
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
I don already buy my own

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Must Commend Buhari On The Quality Of Enugu - Onisha Express Road / What A White Man Had Say About Air Peace / 75 People Kidnapped As Bandits Raid Zamfara Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.