Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,314 members, 7,974,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 10:51 PM

Can Money Buy Happiness? How To Be Genuinely Happy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Money Buy Happiness? How To Be Genuinely Happy (337 Views)

How To Be Happy Genuinely / "2018, I Diagnosed Myself With Happiness" - Liver Transplant Survivor Celebrates / Ten Keys To Happier Living: International Day Of Happiness(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Money Buy Happiness? How To Be Genuinely Happy by drklas01(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Happiness is state of mind where you’re happy. It is the feeling that comes when you know life’s good and you can’t help but smile.

Everyone wants to be happy or live a happy life. I have never met anyone who finds solace in sadness. Isn’t happiness what we all strive for?

People say money can’t buy happiness. There’s is no doubt that money can buy most of the things we aspire to have – cars, houses, nice meals, luxury, whatever you name it. Some people even think money can buy them their other half – dream partners. And if money can buy many of this things then we should truly be happy.

But there is no doubt money can’t buy peace and health.

I can’t truly answer if money can buy happiness. You will have to answer that for yourself. The feeling of happiness is a subjective one but I can help you understand happiness better.

COMMON TRIGGERS OF HAPPINESS
Money
Money will provide you with the basics in life. A roof over your head, clothes, food. The bare minimum you need to survive and be happy. If you are rich then that’s a plus. You can afford a life of comfort and luxury.

It’s worthy to note that people with high socioeconomic status(SES) have better mental health, life satisfaction, freedom from illness, live longer and are generally happier. While, in people with low socioeconomic status, the rate of depression is higher. So money might not be everything but it is definitely a game changer.

Sex
Sexual release is one of the most powerful triggers of happiness there is. Sex releases “feel good hormones” such as dopamine and endorphins that make us happy. The feeling of sex is so strong that you can easily get addicted to it. So frequent sex might increase happiness. It’s important to note that this feeling is temporary.

Studies have shown that lack of sex for a long period of time results in anxiety, a weakened immune system, lack of confidence, lack of sleep to mention but a few.

Drugs and Alcohol

You’re probably familiar with terms such as “sober” and “high”. “Sober” is a state that ranges from normal to sad while “high” ranges from happy to euphoric. Drugs and alcohol are the most common ways people use to get “high”. This might lead to addiction. You can read on break free from an addiction here.

The happiness you get from this is also temporary. This is, however, worse because it reduces the threshold of happiness to a level that is lower than normal and as a result make you dependent on it.

Studies have shown there is a strong link between serious alcohol use and depression.

Exercise
Exercise like sex and using drugs also releases feel-good hormones such as dopamine and endorphins which will make us happy. This also explains why it’s easy to get addicted to fitness – true for bodybuilders and fitness addicts. Doing fitness/exercise has numerous health benefits.

Exercising is a good way be happy temporarily if you’re feeling down or depressed. It is also recommended as a cure for addictions. When you start doing fitness regularly, you soon start to realize that you feel sober during periods you haven’t been regular.

There are certainly a lot more triggers – eating ice cream, chocolate, doing something you love, spending time with a loved one, a promotion at work, a trip etc. The feeling of happiness is subjective.

HOW TO BE GENUINELY HAPPY
Do you want to be genuinely happy? I mean living a life where you see the positive in it every day. This isn’t easy.

In life, pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. There are going to be days you won’t feel like waking up. Yes, there are going to be days you will be completely knocked down – It might due to depression, an illness, the loss of a dear one. Whatever it might be, these days will surely come. And you have to be prepared for days like this. You need to develop a strong mindset to keep going.

Sadness is a normal human emotion. We have all experienced it as some points in our lives.

Sadness and depression are related. They aren’t good for your health. They both can make your life miserable. Up to 15 per cent of those who are depressed die by suicide. You should always try to be happy or do the things that will make you happy.

My Story

Read more about my story on www.abcstrength.com

(1) (Reply)

Oprah Winfrey And The Body Image Mastery Course / Autism Is Not… / See What Shea Butter Can Do For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.