Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,596 members, 7,929,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport (1436 Views)

Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by beeke(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2010
On february this year the south african immigration officers were on duty in my area i was ask to produce my ID and i gave them a police certified duplicate of my passport together with my work permit which is due to expire by 2012 but the officer insisted that i must produce the original copy i told him that the original copy is in my house if he dont mind we can go together but as usual he said i must fellow him to the police station, on that note i gave my keys to a colleague to go and fetch the org. copy and bring it to the station when he came back to the station with my passport he gave it to them and they started interrogating me about my work permit and later they wrote a demand notice asking me to appear before the D-G in 3 weeks time to collect my passport, on the said date i went to home affairs only to be told that my passport is not in his decks he the D-G said i should come back in 3days time after 3days i went there still my passport was not found the D-G said i must give him time to look for it, after 4 weeks i went back to him and he said i should go to my embassy and apply for a replacement because according to him he cant find my passport 2 days later i went to Nigerian embassy and explained how it all happened but i was surprise when a lady in our consulate said that they dont have the permission to replace a missing e passport that i must go back to Nigeria for replacement i ask how is it possible for me to travel back to Nigeria without a passport she told me to apply for TC and if granted to me i will go to Abuja and ask for a replacement.
Now my question is why will Nigerian govt chose to maltreat it citizens like this i thought this new passport is electronic in nature why cant our embassies replace a missing passport, if i travel back to Nigeria to get the replacement i will still need to go to south african embassy to get a new visa. please i will appreciate it if somebody can give me some advice on what to do
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by beeke(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2010
I thought we use to have people here who claim to be shakers and movers of the society how comes nobody seems to have any sort of solution to my problem or i suppose is not a thread were people like sagamite and co will be posting to insult fellow NLders while claiming to be the interllectual engine room of this forum
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by tkb417(m): 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2010
is ur post about Sagamite?

or u have genuinely opened a thread to ask for help?

the way ure going about it, i doubt people will be interested

@topic
pls sue the goddamn people that collected ur passport

did they sign a cover letter that they took ur passport so they dont start talking crap

Get a lawyer to write them requesting for your passport, im sure ur passport will be out in 1 hour

what nonsense
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by beeke(m): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
My post is never about sagamite at all

tkb417:

is your post about Sagamite?

@topic
pls sue the goddamn people that collected your passport

did they sign a cover letter that they took your passport so they dont start talking crap

Get a lawyer to write them requesting for your passport, im sure your passport will be out in 1 hour

what nonsense
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by beeke(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
tkb417:

is your post about Sagamite?

@topic
pls sue the goddamn people that collected your passport

did they sign a cover letter that they took your passport so they dont start talking crap

Get a lawyer to write them requesting for your passport, im sure your passport will be out in 1 hour

what nonsense

yeh they gave me a note stating that they have my passport with them and about your sugestion i wanted to get a lawyer but i was advised against it
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by tkb417(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
beeke:

yeh they gave me a note stating that they have my passport with them and about your sugestion i wanted to get a lawyer but i was advised against it
what are you saying? who advised you against it?

if you legal , then u use legal means to seek redress

how can they tell you to go back to ur peeps to go get another passport?
The e-passport isnt like the old one where anyone can just issue another

u have to properly write a letter to them copying the 9ja embassy and other relevant authorities like Police

what if one of the authorities there start harassing you from tmr? you think u would be able to give a convincing story?

i dont think u can get ur Passport back by asking the 9ja embassy for help- nothing will happen from their side
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by beeke(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ tkb417 as if you know i have written to our embassy in joburg and they said that the consular general will get back to me but up until now notting is coming from them and is gettin to 4 months now and talking about being legit am 100% cos i got my work permit from the home affairs in germiston
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by tkb417(m): 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
beeke:

@ tkb417 as if you know i have written to our embassy in joburg and they said that the consular general will get back to me but up until now notting is coming from them and is gettin to 4 months now and talking about being legit am 100% cos i got my work permit from the home affairs in germiston
ok

write another letter (from ur lawyer) to the people that collected ur passport, attaching the signed copy showing what was collected , copy SAP and 9ja embassy requesting for your Passport because the Consulare General is finding it hard to reproduce another passport for you.

Tell them you have to visit home soon and you will need a passport to move about.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Rsa Cant Replace My Missing Epassport by beeke(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2010
I will definitely do just that cos am really uncomfortable with the whole thing later i will call 9ja cos my elder brother travelled home last week and i wrote a letter to the D-G of immigration in port harcourt were i got this passport together with a copy of the note they gave me showing that the seized my passport also with a police affidavit i got from SAPS the whole idea was to get the River State Immigration service to replace my passport it was a friend who suggested that hence is the new passport that they will reproduce it for me if i write to them with those copies. what do you think of this is it actually possible if not am just going to do what you said i should do

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Hamzat Is Dead / We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu / Shocking Video:market Where Human Meat Is Sold In London...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.