Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,210 members, 7,903,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:22 AM

Teach Me How To Love- By Blessing Fashola - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teach Me How To Love- By Blessing Fashola (194 Views)

Zenan Ighodalo, Osinbajo, Fashola Speak At Ibidun Ighodalo's Night Of Tribute / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband / Prophet George Fakolade: "Fashola Will Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teach Me How To Love- By Blessing Fashola by exalted007: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2018
“Is there any encouragement in Christ? Any consolation of love? Any fellowship in the Spirit? Any affection and compassion? Prove it by walking in unity, in one spirit with brothers and sisters in Christ.”

Nora couldn’t bring herself to understand why she got caught in the middle of her reading. Somehow, she felt uneasy, or worse still, guilty.

What is it Lord? She asked.

Look around you dear.

Nora looked around, the faces are all familiar. She has worshiped with all these ones for the past two years.

Suddenly it dawned on her. There are some, well maybe a lot, she doesn’t agree with. She just can’t listen to them speak.

I have good reasons for my attitude Lord. I mean, David is too full of himself and you know I hate the smell of pride. And for Sandra, that one always want to show off. No lord, I just can’t flow with them.

Am I your family?

Of course, Lord.

Are they your family?

Huh, well I guess so.

And all of a sudden it hit her. She’s never really considered them as family. She was confused. She turned back to the pages she has been reading from. The very next verse made it clearer;

“…do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, do not merely look for your own interests.”

As Nora turned these words in her heart, she realized she had actually covered her judgments with her own reasoning and not so much as she thought it was for God. She realized it was the pride in her that makes her think those she doesn’t like weren’t good enough to be children of God and definitely not part of her family.

(1) (Reply)

Tithing:scamming In The Name Of God And The 13 Tribes Of Israel / Signs Of A Good End (Review) / 7 Reasons Christians Are Not Required To Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.