Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:51 PM

You Don’t Need Money To Win Elections - Lawmaker To Young Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Don’t Need Money To Win Elections - Lawmaker To Young Candidates (262 Views)

Drama As LG Chairman Beats Lawmaker To A Pulp In Delta / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character / Lepers To President Buhari: You Abandoned Us After Helping You Win Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Don’t Need Money To Win Elections - Lawmaker To Young Candidates by EmagNig(m): 9:51am On Dec 11, 2018
David Ombugadu, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Nasarawa State, has told young political candidates in the upcoming 2019 election that they do not need money to win elections, Premium Times reports.

“You don’t need money to win elections. You need people, resolve and connections to win elections,” he said.

He said he dug 230 boreholes in three local governments of the state among other projects without budgetary allocations.

Mr Ombugadu, a member of the House of Representatives representing Akwanga local government, made the comments while speaking at a three-day gathering of about 400 young candidates of various political parties, which commenced on Monday in Abuja.

Different speakers, including young lawmakers from other African countries and leaders with inspiring stories, were at the event and took turns to enlighten the 400 young candidates on the best strategies on winning elections and leadership.

The event tagged ‘The Convergence: Power, Capacity, Politics’ is an initiative of the Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth and Advancement (YIAGA Africa) and the Not Too Young To Run movement, one of Nigeria’s largest and most successful youth movement in recent times.

While using his “achievements” to explain to the candidates how he has stayed relevant in politics over the years, the lawmaker said he was able to execute vital projects in the state through networking and ‘meeting with the right people’.

“…In my first two years as a lawmaker, I dug 230 boreholes in three Local Governments and that is my track record. What people want to see is life-impacting projects,” Mr Ombugadu explained.

“I brought the biggest transformer in Nasarawa State through serious commitment and networking.

“The transformer I brought is worth about N800m and no budget allocation for my constituency at the national assembly can give you that kind of money but the good thing about what we do is networking.”

He explained how he executed the projects in the state even without budgetary allocations.

“I have been opportune to represent Nigeria in three countries and that is what you benefit when you are in the national assembly.

“Your interaction with fellow parliamentary members in other countries might translate to dividends of democracy to your people and the reason why I have been able to sustain this level of influence is because of these life-impacting projects I executed in Nasarawa state.

“I have an NGO. We have covered 11 local government out 14 in Nasarawa.

“We have covered every ward in those LGAs. We have built more than 60 boreholes in churches and mosques. We do not go to the LGAs without having a project to commission. That is our basic approach. We are winning this election and we will dedicate it to the Not Too Young To Run Movement.”

https://lailasnews.com/you-dont-need-money-to-win-elections-lawmaker-to-young-candidates

lalasticlala

Re: You Don’t Need Money To Win Elections - Lawmaker To Young Candidates by Paschalp(m): 11:04am On Dec 11, 2018
Everybody with his own perspective shaa

I pray he continues with the outlined vision

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa State Governor, Bindow Proposes N230bn Budget For 2019 / Dino Melaye showcases car as he sings, Urges Nigeria To Vote Against Buhari / Father Mbaka Is Not A Catholic See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.