Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,275 members, 7,881,035 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (9774 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Laughter1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2010
mama-gee:

My favourite verse is: It's better to be poor and have a servant than to pretend to be rich and have no food.

hmmm, yea right, where in the bible is that, lool
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by coalcoal1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2010
my favorite verse is: Acts 2:1

"On the day of Pentecost, they were all with "ONE ACCORD"

Honda Accord has existed right from the bible days
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by coalcoal1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
Another one is Hebrews 6:20

Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high
priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Another favorite is 4 x 4.

My favorite 'rides' are in the bible therefore I am fulfilling scriptures.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by seyibrown(f): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2010
I lost count of how many times Rev Adenugba of blessed memory prayed this psalm over us (many of us)! God bless his soul! It has always been my favourite.

[b]Psalm 103
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits;
3 Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases;
4 Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
5 Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
6 The LORD performs righteous deeds And judgments for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the sons of Israel.
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.
9 He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.
12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.
14 For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 When the wind has passed over it, it is no more, And its place acknowledges it no longer.
17 But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To those who keep His covenant And remember His precepts to do them.
19 The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.
20 Bless the LORD, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word!
21 Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, You who serve Him, doing His will.
22 Bless the LORD, all you works of His, In all places of His dominion; Bless the LORD, O my soul!
[/b]
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by xcapade: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2010
Mine is ROMANS 9:15

"I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I WILL HAVE MERCY,
AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I WILL HAVE COMPASSION"

very reassuring. He is indeed a sovereign GOD.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mamagee3(f): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
Laughter1:

hmmm, yea right, where in the bible is that, lool
It's in the book of proverbs but I don't remember the chapter and verse.

I think if you type the quote in google, you would get the accurate chapter and verse.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
my favorite verse is:

'the fool has said in his heart THERE IS A GOD" grin cool
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mamagee3(f): 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
My favourite quote:

"Do not boast about tomorrow for no one knows what each day would bring"
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by sophy09: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2010
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Pharoh: 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
Mine is 1 Corinthians 13 and Ephesians 4
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by teric(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
John 11:35

JESUS WEPT.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mamagee3(f): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
My favourite quote is:

"A soul that sinneth must die but the righteous shall obtain eternal life"
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by teric(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
mama-gee:

My favourite quote:

"Do not boast about tomorrow for no one knows what each day would bring"

This is found in Proverbs 27:1
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by 4Runner: 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
Job 42 vs 2 - "I know that YOU can do everything. And that no purpose of YOURS can be withheld from YOU".
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by NaijaNaWaa: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Proverbs 14:12
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by GL(f): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
mama-gee:

My favourite quote is:

"A soul that sinneth must die but the righteous shall obtain eternal life"

there's a similar one "all souls are mine, the soul that sinneth it shall die". i used to like it as a kid after reading it in one of the african literature series books.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by GL(f): 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
it's hard to pick a favourite,

Ecclesiastes 12: 13 - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Micah 6: 8 - He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by whiteroses(f): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
oh jerusalem ye have no bosom but thy chest shalt be embellished with the finest of Gold cheesy
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by hackney(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
Romans 8:1
There is now no condemnation for those who are in christ.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by dafman10(m): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2010
Job 40:40
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by aodiki: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
One of my favorite scriptures is John 14v23.

John 14v23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him

God wants to make his Home with us (in us). What a life you will have when God makes you His HOME.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by omohwunmmy: 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
Psalm 34:5
"they looked unto him and were lightened; and their faces were not ashamed."
Reminds me dat as long as i focus on him, am on course.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
Rom 4:17 he believed in God, who gives life to the dead and calls things into existence that do not exist

1cor 9:13-14 do you not know that those who perform the temple services eat the food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the offerings of the altar? 14 in the same way, the Lord has COMMANDED that those who preach the gospel should earn their living by the gospel.

2cor12:7-9 therefore so that i would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of satan to torment me. Concerning this i pleaded with the lord three times to take it away from me. But he said to me, "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness"

prov12:4 A capable wife is her husband's crown but a wife who causes shame is like rotteness in his bones.

Psalm 12:6 the words of the lord are pure words, like silver refined in an earthen furnace, purified seven times.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by MeGaStReEt: 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.

Isaiah 55:11
So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should repent:
hath he said, and shall he not do it?
or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

and finaly

Proverbs 18:21

[size=14pt]Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.[/size]
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by minto(m): 12:02am On Aug 05, 2010
As for me and my house, We will serve the LORD
Joshua 24:15
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by franklampard082(m): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2010
"for ye are small gods"
This verse makes me feel strong
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by luck007(m): 12:48am On Aug 05, 2010
teric:

John 11:35

JESUS WEPT.

My favorite verse

Back then in high school my teacher always says this verse whenever he ask us a question and we didn't have an answer for it,
He will tell us that this is the reason jesus wept,  We don't learn
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by SuperT(m): 1:06am On Aug 05, 2010
For me ' Psalm 91 : 1-end, Psalm 23 :1-end, and psalm 121 : 1-end.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mamagee3(f): 1:22am On Aug 05, 2010
My favourite quote:

"There's time for everything, a time to live and a time to die, a time to laugh and a time to cry"

Ecclesiastes 3:1
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by chibaby5(f): 1:24am On Aug 05, 2010
My sig: The spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from sin and death smiley
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mamagee3(f): 1:29am On Aug 05, 2010
My favourite quote:

"God hates dishonest scales but he's pleased with honest weights"
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by kenuoyibo(m): 4:02am On Aug 05, 2010
Habakuk 2:3 ' the vision is yet for an appointed time,but at the end it shall speak it and not lie. though it tarry wait for it ;for it will surely come, it will not tarry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MFM (mountain Of Fire & Miracle Ministries) New Regulations!! / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.