Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,978 members, 7,903,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

C. Ronaldo Dares Messi To Join Him In Italy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / C. Ronaldo Dares Messi To Join Him In Italy (233 Views)

AFCON Q/finals: "Bring Them" - Angola Dares Super Eagles / Maradona Slams Argentine Team, Compares Messi To Argentine Comedian, Patoruzu / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

C. Ronaldo Dares Messi To Join Him In Italy by emmylet5000(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo talked about Messi in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday, following Juve's 1-0 win over Inter on Friday night.
"I'm not competing with Messi," he said. "I don't like it when I am compared to others; it's not right. The numbers do the talking -- if you look at the statistics, you'll see."
Then he took it a step further,
"I left my comfort zone, I believed in myself and showed to everyone that I am still an incredible player. I played in England, Spain, Italy and Portugal; he's always stayed in Spain. I'd love it if he came to Italy one day, if he took on a new challenge, like I did. But if he's happy where he is, I can respect that. He's a fantastic player and a good kid."
He was also refreshingly honest about the Ballon d'Or, dispelling (at least in words) one of the most commonly held beliefs about him.
"I think I deserve it every single year -- that's what I work for, but if somebody else wins it I can live with it and respect the decision," he said. "I did everything I could to win it, but I am no less happy if I don't win it."

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Tottenham Match Highlights / Why Is The Chronograph So Attractive? / Seriea Match Preview: Torino Vs Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.