Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:37 AM

What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? (22379 Views)

What Are The Best Self Help Books You Ever Read? / What is the Best Story you have ever read on Nairaland? - A Thread for Passion / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by iwattpro(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2019
elyte89:
NEW GENERAL MATHEMATICS I,II,III cool

Dullard

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Harpyeagle(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ganong's physiology, lasts anatomy,Harper's biochemistry . The biochemistry text is d most scarriest.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Ajoboss(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
orion7:
keith moore. human anatomy. in college if medicine

bros Keith Moore no difficult to understand,its just bulky
But i would rather read gray though grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Dami12345: 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
DAramis:

Can you remember the title of the compendium?

Read mine also but didn't finish it. I am thinking of buying the complete volume (about 7 or 9). It contains all the Greeks classical works and philosopher's works.

It is still the coolest thing bro especially with the works of great philosopher like Dantes hell, odessy story, Socrates works, Plato etc. Who ever reads such works would definitely have a different way of viewing life. It makes you to feel calmer on a long run.

Some of those books form the works and ideology of Japanese anime's. They are beautiful as guides on understanding or seeing different perspectives on life.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by alwaysvik: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
She Stoops to Conquer.

Hated my inability to follow the story.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by frankotele(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
Machbeth ,the Tempest , Romeo and Juliet in short any other similar books written with old English.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
When I was studying mass communication in poly, photojournalism was a very difficult book.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Suzzytee05(f): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
1984 by George Orwell

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Tellemall: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
kay9:
Some donkey years ago, I somehow got it into my head that reading the classic Greek epics was the coolest thing in literature. So I sauntered down to the university library and picked up a hefty and respectable looking translation of Virgil's Aeneid. Mmmm. About 10 pages (and 10 hours) later, my head started shaking...

Then I looked at the front page properly and realized this book was just Part 1 - there was still parts 2, 3, and I think 4.

I didn't bother to continue.

Lol.

Those epics are actually quite interesting. Long but bearable.

It's literature like Arrow of God that I tried to read but couldn't.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
Christ a crisis in the Life of God

The writer exploded to fame winning multiple.awards.

This is an.amazing book.to read.for.anyone.desirous of being a.writer in.life
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by capitalzero: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
aditu olodumare by d.o fagunwa
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Randy100: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
AryEmber:
Othello, I'm never reading any untranslated stories by Shakespeare, no more sick English. I tried Lord of the Flies too but dumped later.
Lord of flies is one hell of an interesting novel. You better go back and pick it up wherever you dumped it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
Critique of pure reasoning by Immanuel Kant..... That book can make your head explode

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by mayor007(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
I eventually finished it but most books with philosophical themes are often difficult reads.

Very wonderful book, albeit.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2019
Randy100:
Lord of flies is one hell of an interesting novel. You better go back and pick it up wherever you dumped it.

Lord of the flies Macbeth and co used to be difficult back when we were kids. Guess we read sime books earlier than we ought to have...
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
Jdesilentkiller:
Critique of pure reasoning by Immanuel Kant..... That book can make your head explode

I like the title. Ill search for it
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Iceekpa: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
A book by Salman Rushdie called The Satanic verses or something I can't even remember the name but it was a long a tortourous read... cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Campusparot: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
Suze banzi is dead
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by jhnmilano: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
Devil on the cross by Kenyan Writer NGUGI
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
kay9:
Some donkey years ago, I somehow got it into my head that reading the classic Greek epics was the coolest thing in literature. So I sauntered down to the university library and picked up a hefty and respectable looking translation of Virgil's Aeneid. Mmmm. About 10 pages (and 10 hours) later, my head started shaking...

Then I looked at the front page properly and realized this book was just Part 1 - there was still parts 2, 3, and I think 4.

grin what pushed you brov

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Randy100: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
kunleweb:

Lord of the flies Macbeth and co used to be difficult back when we were kids. Guess we read sime books earlier than we ought to have...
I guess so.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Martinez19(m): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
orion7:
keith moore. human anatomy. in college if medicine

Lol. Pussy.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by chloride6: 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
Tried to read Huckleberry Finn and Tow Sawyer when i was 10.

That rural Mississippian dialect was so hard to follow...

Tried it a few year afterwards and found it quite entertaining

wink

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by chloride6: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Campusparot:
Suze banzi is dead

C'mon!

Swinze banzi was fun although

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by AryEmber(f): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Randy100:
Ha! I can't oh, I've got too many things to read.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Martinez19(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Harpyeagle:
Ganong's physiology, lasts anatomy,Harper's biochemistry . The biochemistry text is d most scarriest.
You should have tried Lippincott. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Randy100:
I guess so.

I call it mental expansion phase. Whenever a book seemed hard to read back then.i read it once fast..then give it days weeks and.month a d revert to it and voila it becomes a soft bite.it always works

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by balingaonline(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hamlet
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Martinez19(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
kunleweb:

I call it mental expansion phase. Whenever a book seemed hard to read back then.i read it once fast..then give it days weeks and.month a d revert to it and voila it becomes a soft bite.it always works
I remember reading Ron Larson's Calculus for the first time. It was hard but when I reread it three-four times, it became easy.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by 19grigri: 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ifeanyimike123:
The lost symbol by Dan Brown

Tell me you're not serious

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Yoighaman(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
kay9:

Lol...
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Randy100: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
kunleweb:

Good for you. I think I did the same but sometimes it can make you loose interest in a book.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Nigeria - A Poem / Mad In Love / English Grammar Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.