Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,084 members, 7,970,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:52 AM

I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb (5857 Views)

Buhari Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria - IBB / Fashola Is A Gift To Nigeria - IBB / Coups In Nigeria •ibb’s Adc, Uk Bello, Pretended To Be With Us And Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Esoheolotu(f): 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2010
If he wants to repay Nigeria he should return our money to the CBN! IBB getting into power is 4years or rather 8years of misery and anger in Nigeria. At his age he is still shameless! what a pity!
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by okizle(m): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
if this guy becomes the president then the country is f***d up finally
we are screwed and we must have been hoodwinked into votin.
the guy is good for nothing thief, yeah i said it!
An opportunist who takes pride in feeding on other people's pains.
He be taken to a war torn country and forcd to do time by leading a battalion.
If he can do that (which i doubt he can) he can then lead the nation,
I mean can this guy even lead his house? and we go on arresting young boys
saying they are robbers and yahoo boys. this is the real yahoo boy! the real 419-IBB.
he can go to hell and kiss devils butt before he becomes president, who told him only him can be
the saviour of 9ja, that person shud be shot and the quartered. of  i forgot, he's the one who
gave himself there idea but my suggestion still holds!
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 04, 2010
I don't know if I am more flabbergasted at the fact that he wants to save Nigeria or the fact that he decided to show face and make such a ridiculous statement. This man get audacity sha.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by BigB11(m): 3:30am On Aug 04, 2010
If IBB can not save this country, could you guys please post the name of the entity that has the balls to save this nation?

Saving Nigeria is deeper than what you think.
It is completely clear that Goodluck can not and will not save Nigeria; you can not ask a chicken to give birth to a lion. It is absolutely impossible. And this doesn't mean chicken is a useless or bad animal, chicken just doesn't have the capability.

You must totally understand our country, our system and our people before you're able to appreciate IBB's statement.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 04, 2010
Big B1:

If IBB can not save this country, could you guys please post the name of the entity that has the balls to save this nation?

It is completely clear that Goodluck can not and will not save Nigeria; you can not ask a chicken to give birth to a lion. It is absolutely impossible. And this doesn't mean chicken is a useless or bad animal, chicken just doesn't have the capability.

You must totally understand our country, our system and our people before you're able to appreciate IBB's statement.

[size=18pt]Lagbaja For President:
[/size]

Odds are that you probably missed it. With all the noise being made about the president’s faulty plane, the rise of the falconets and the welcomed restoration of DSTV’s football rights, it’s easy to understand why the story would be ignored. And yet it was there. Sandwiched between the larger tales of significant occurrences was this tiny news insert. Half way across the world, the presidential aspiration of a person was about to be announced and his name was Wyclef Jean. Yes, “The” Wyclef Jean The idea of a musician running for president does tend to give reason for a silent chuckle. Of all the possible professions on which an aspiration for a nation’s presidency can be mounted, music seems to be the least likely of candidates. It takes a lot to run a nation. People would no more expect a musician as a likely presidential candidate than they would the pastor of a church. And yet, as insane as the proposition might seem there is certain merit behind the possibility.

Wyclef’s loyalty to his country is not disputed. He has already served as an ambassador for his nation and donates thousands of dollars by way of scholarships and foundation grants to people who require these. Even though, Wyclef Jean is undoubtedly a multimillionaire superstar, he has rarely failed to identify with his nation. He has instead constantly sought to find the different ways through which he can contribute to its development — something that very few of our media stars can boast of.

I am not much of a fan of Nollywood. The only time I pause to watch a movie from its stables is when I decide that I am sorely in need of a good dose of depression. As this urge rarely surfaces, my periods in front of a Nollywood movie are blessedly rare and short. However, despite my unpatriotic dislike for the products of our national cinema, even I cannot fail to acknowledge the influence that Nigerian media stars have had on our country.

I find it hard to single out a singular musician or movie star who would make a possible candidate for a political position. D’banj never did let us in on what the “koko” meant, but I somehow doubt that his revelation would involve a concrete plan for improving the nation. MI would find it difficult meeting the heights of the political system and Tuface would probably get shot again by unknown gunmen after his first five hours in office. The efforts of individuals, such as the musical legend who also goes by the name of Pastor Chris, have only managed to further enhance the growing inefficiencies of media icons in today’s politics. When Fela died many years ago, it is likely he took with him the status of the last Nigerian media icon who sought to improve the country’s image through his celebrity status.

Amongst the young members of the Nigerian media circle, it’s almost impossible to find an individual who has offered as much contribution to the country as Wyclef has for his nation. If I was to pick a cabinet, I would probably pick Lagbaja as possible president because I want to believe that beneath that impenetrable mask is a billionaire with a Harvard business degree. It is undoubtedly a far stretch but that is where we currently are. For good measure, Julius Agwu would probably be a fitting choice for the minister of power and steel. If Nigeria is going to continue to make a mockery of those establishments as she has for the last three decades, then she might as well secure the assistance of a comedian. They’re better at making jokes and have the uncanny ability to draw out attention to the lighter side of darker topics.

In the weeks to come, a lot more attention will be paid to Wyclef Jean’s bid for the position of president. Many are already leaning towards this possibility. He is well loved by the people of his country and he certainly has the ear of world organisations. With the right cabinet supporting him, he just might be able to lead the damaged nation into newer lights. He might, however, need to make a few changes or two in order to improve his chances.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5601712-182/story.csp
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Acutex: 5:11am On Aug 04, 2010
Big b1 i cant say much. No wonder! U live in ajegunle. Look at ur posts. How devoid of knowledge and rationale they are. Yes its gud to try new people. But remember A LEOPARD CANNOT CHANGE ITS SPOTS. I see u crying blue murder after a year of IBB (aka smooth C) cheesy administration. Gush! Does he send u guys subliminal msgs or wat?! Mtcheew! angry angry

Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Akosbaba(m): 5:23am On Aug 04, 2010
It's like adolf hitler coming back to save the jews.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 04, 2010
More like, we need to save Nigeria from IBB.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by anonimi: 8:13am On Aug 04, 2010
Akosbaba:

It's like adolf hitler coming back to save the jews.

interesting angle and correct analogy shocked
please note that hitler also ruined his german compatriots while trying to rule the world with his Aryan race.
the same way IBB ruined his northern brethren and nigerians at large trying to hang on to power.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by otondo55: 8:54am On Aug 04, 2010
Save yourself first !!!
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by JUO(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2010
can IBB be serious for once
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by JUO(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2010
can IBB be serious for once
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by GabrielJr: 9:27am On Aug 04, 2010
Somebody pls get him a rock to chew on, he definitely needs something to keep his mouth busy! He is an old man rember? He probably cant control his tots again. But seriously, we need to get ready for this man o, cos he is smart!
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2010
The man that destroyed our country finally ,bastard,
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by oluite(f): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2010
Wen did IBB become d 'messiah'?Imagine d audacity!Save Nigeria Indeed!In sane countries u shld be in EXILE for ruining this country,
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by vorosmartm(m): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2010
Please people give the slowpoke I meant man a chance to rule. We should be prepared to cast our votes at him.
Of course our votes will be shit water, acid, sticks, stones and every object you think can cause harm.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by seal777(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2010
cost of runing the ill gotten properties are increasing and getting out of hand, he needs more money to maintain them.WELCOME BACK TO THE TREASURY.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Ranoscky(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2010
@Ochusule

Nice 1 from u dia brov, big ups!

@ All, y'all should do d talkin thru ur votes n quit being Hulk Hogan thru d internent!
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by 9jawear(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
IBB , the only option we have is to front and act as IBB supporters and chop all the avialble money he has left,thats the only thing we can do for now,lets not discourage him in his csampign lets encourage him to spend money,we must recover our national loot at all costs,no mater what it takes
so that we rid this
IBB of his political dream forever, after we are done chopping his moeny, he would never have any aspiration in his life again
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by sley4life(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
Save yourself LOOSER
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by seanet02: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2010
this man is a complete disgrace to the Countries humanity, what the hell did this slowpoke mean
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by dboss4life: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
Its so unfortunate that the same IBB that destroyed this country called nigeria and brought it to its knees is now coming out to insult nigerians by saying that he wants to save a country he did everything humanly to destroy. wanders they say will never end. it is only in nigeria that this kind of nonsense can happen. if it where to be in America, i can assure that IBB will be in life imprisonment by now.

DBOSS
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
IBB save Nigeria ?

I think am gonna puke!!  [size=50pt]lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed[/size]
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by ezeagu(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
Save it in his bank account?
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2010
He's probably broke.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Depilot(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2010

I've read through all posts on this topic and I'm yet to come across any other sensible candidate that honestly deserves our vote. You guys have only talked sh1t as usual and noone is sensible enough to recommend a substitution to replace Babangida.
This is one of the reasons why people like Babangida will always attempt to return to power. NO OTHER SENSIBLE CANDIDATE IS OUT THERE TO CONFRONT HIM (IBB), EVERYBODY IS SIMPLY UP TO NO GOOD.
And nobody here seems to notice this fact, it is sad and unfortunate that Obasanjo or anyone else is not in the right position to pick or chose who we should vote for; and honestly this is what is taking place, and we can't see it.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by adconline(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2010
he killed Nigeria in 90s, now he wants to bury it. He meant to bury Nigeria for good
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by invisible2(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2010
If we have become so hopelesly lost that only a criminal can save us, then all hope is lost. I ibb rules Nigeria, I will change nationality to Guinea Bissau.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Depilot(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2010
If Babangida is a criminal, can we please present a candidate that isn't a criminal? Even Bankole Oladimeji that came alive just the other day has also joined the group of criminals Nigerian Politicians. These people are all up to no good and bunch of enemies of states.
Even though, I will not support or cast my vote to any of them, but I refuse to pick and chose who to curse among these naughty people. Instead of me bashing just Babangida, I will bash all of them together. It is foolish and stup1d to only focus on one of the criminals in Nigeria.
Babangida, Obasanjo, Odeli, Gbenga Daniel, Iyabo Obasanjo, Kalu, Ladoja, Lam Adesina, El Rufai, Saraki Sr and Jr, Duke, Akala, Tinubu, Ibori, Goodluck, Alames, Shagari, Abubarka, Atiku,  and many others are all criminals. They should be bashed and punished together.
This is the only way the criminals of today and the potential criminals will understand that we want our country back for good. But constant bashing a single candidate definitely will do nothing for Nigeria or for us.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Depilot(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2010
I still feel very comfortable to predict that constantly bashing Babangida may result to people (mostly northerners) starting to feel bad for him, and the outcome of that will not be friendly.
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2010
Depilot:

If Babangida is a criminal, can we please present a candidate that isn't a criminal? Even Bankole Oladimeji that came alive just the other day has also joined the group of criminals Nigerian Politicians. These people are all up to no good and bunch of enemies of states.
Even though, I will not support or cast my vote to any of them, but I refuse to pick and chose who to curse among these naughty people. Instead of me bashing just Babangida, I will bash all of them together. It is foolish and stup1d to only focus on one of the criminals in Nigeria.
Babangida, Obasanjo, Odeli, Gbenga Daniel, Iyabo Obasanjo, Kalu, Ladoja, Lam Adesina, El Rufai, Saraki Sr and Jr, Duke, Akala, Tinubu, Ibori, Goodluck, Alames, Shagari, Abubarka, Atiku,  and many others are all criminals. They should be bashed and punished together.
This is the only way the criminals of today and the potential criminals will understand that we want our country back for good. But constant bashing a single candidate definitely will do nothing for Nigeria or for us.

there are no good politicians in nigeria from what i have seen so far.the young,the old and even the women are no less different from one another.the problem about babangida is not about being bad but an abomination.
he committed worst crimes and the most painful part is that he keeps finding excuses for all the crimes he committed;blaming the supreme military council when he himself his the leader of SMC.he is a killer,a destroyer,a twin brother to devil.he is the worst thing to ever happen to nigeria
Re: I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb by FACEOFF1: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
Bleep you IBB, you can't eat your cack and have it back
go and enjoy your stolen money we don't need old cargoes again fool.
after all you done to Nigeria its not enough to you.
shebi u wan com finish Nigeria fina fina go go go go go we don't need you
after all you steal our plenty money go and enjoy your stolen money.
give Jonathan a clear chance to take us to the promise land idiot!!!! goooooooo!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping / Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria / Please What Is The Real Mean Of Wailing Wailers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.