Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,515 members, 7,905,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 12:07 AM

Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor (2319 Views)

When Doctor Asks You "Are You Sexually Active?" In Front Of Your Mum / Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company / I Don't Want To Be A Doctor The Words Nigerian Parent Does Not Want To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by keele(m): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2006
Future Doctors Help Me

well im a medical student as well..
ive been thinking..
will i become a doctor..? coz doctors either take or give life to a person..
and im afraid to take the risk..
ive been wondering.. are doctors successful in their careers..?
well its not that i hate blood or somthing..
its just that i don't know what course i want to take when i become a doctor..
either dermatologist, cardiologist, obstetrician, or something else..
what about u guys.. i mean other medical students..
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by hotangel2(f): 7:05am On Jan 10, 2006
Nursing is good enoigh for me. A RN that is.

Plus if you have mixed emotions on what you are doing, don't u think you should switch to something you totaly adore and would love? As in choose a major that won't give you soo much head-ache.
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by keele(m): 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2006
well its not giving me headache..
just giving me some deep thoughts so that i can choose the right one...
but still.. how would u guys think? if u were me... XD
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by layi(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2006
I just finished my O&G (obstetrics and Gyneacology) class i.e 5th yr. I can tell u that the medical school has actually passed through me.
Before entering medical school, I could NOT stand the sight of blood. In fact the first time i got to the anatomy lab (yr 2) to work on a cadaver, i almost fainted at d sight (jut corpse...no blood though). Now i stay wit doctors when surgery is beign performed.
Anyway i said that to say this: u'll apreciate medicine more as u go through it. We all have mixed feeling at first. I was initaially confused as per field i want to specialize in but now i've made up my mind because i'm now kinda averse in almost all aspects of (tropical) medicine so i know which would be better for me.
Studying Medicine is hectic though but sweet. wink
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by Scorpio(f): 3:26am On Feb 03, 2006
Well, iono know much abt medicine tho, but i'm into the RPN program now n i admit it's overwhelming when u first start out, but as you go along..u'll get over it. My take is that u don't stress on it a lot, just go with the flow n by d time u know it, u'll b more than ready to finish ur course...then again, it has to be wat u want to do and not cos momsie sayz so!
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by Rhodalyn(f): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2006
becoming a doc is great,whats holding u?go boy
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by sparkle2k3: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2006
hey
just finished my Bsc Physiology,amd i intend to go back for medicine.
i know it would be hectic,but it could also be fulfilling.
i want a career where ill be able to help people in whatever way i can.
Re: Having Second Thoughts About Becoming A Doctor by chineduleo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2006
Keele,i hope you have not made up your mind yet?I can assure you medicine will be worth your while.Look at it this way,you are able to help give hope to the hopeless.Just the elation of putting a smile in someone's face should motivate you my friend.Be sold out to it and you won't regret at all, cool

(1) (Reply)

Job Prospects For Graduate Of Political Science And Public Adminstration ??????? / Learn Aveva Pdms / List Of Highest Paid Ceos In Nigeria And What They Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.