Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,788 members, 7,930,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:11 AM

FAQ: Can I Lose My Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAQ: Can I Lose My Salvation? (360 Views)

I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. / Salvation Ministries Private Jet Was Photoshopped - Facebook User / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FAQ: Can I Lose My Salvation? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2018
FAQ-1

Q: How can I hear the Holy Spirit more effectively?

A: The Holy Spirit is always speaking; it’s just a matter of opening your spiritual ears to hear Him. Let’s look at three ways that you can improve your ability to hear the Holy Spirit.

1. Focus on the Word.

One of the most effective ways to improve your ability to hear the Holy Spirit is by focusing on God’s Word.

In John 15:7, Jesus said, “But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!”

How do you know when you have been focusing enough on the Word? The Holy Spirit talks to you through it! He directs your thoughts as you go about your day.

You have to be diligent to read your Bible and reflect on it every day and obey it. Treat it like the priceless treasure it is.

2. Listen to God’s people.

The Holy Spirit isn’t just speaking to you. He’s speaking to all of God’s people.

Sometimes those people have received a message from the Lord for the Church, like when the Lord spoke through the apostles or when He gives men of God a prophecy.

Other times, the Holy Spirit uses those people to share a special message specifically for you. By listening to trusted faith ministers and even Spirit-led friends and family members, you can hear the Holy Spirit’s direction.

Now, that doesn’t mean you should listen to every person, or even every Christian, who believes that God wants them to tell you something. Make sure those people are Spirit-filled, Spirit-led and full of faith.

3. Listen in prayer.

Do you find yourself doing all the talking in your prayer time with the Lord? If you never get quiet enough to listen, how will you ever hear what the Holy Spirit is speaking to your heart?

When you pray, spend some time praising God for His goodness and thanking Him for all He has done for you (Psalm 100:4).

Then ask Him for what you need (Philippians 4:13). After that, get quiet. Prayer is not a one-way conversation. Make sure you give the Holy Spirit a chance to speak.

He may bring a scripture or song to your mind. He may bring a person to mind who needs prayer. Or He may give you direction for your day or even an answer to a prayer request.

The Holy Spirit is talking. It’s up to you to hear Him clearly. By putting these keys into practice, you’ll improve your ability to hear the Holy Spirit, and have the joy of living a Spirit-led life!

Call/text me with your questions/challenges today. The Word of God has all your answers.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: Can I Lose My Salvation? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
FAQ

Q: Can I lose my salvation?

A: Any believer can be tempted to feel he has lost his salvation. But the answer is simple if you look at God’s heart: God is not trying to keep anyone out of heaven.

He proved this by loving the world “so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

In order for you to lose your salvation, someone would have to take you out of some mighty powerful hands!

Jesus said in John 10:27-29, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.”

Once you are born again, if you sin, you can confess your sin, and God will forgive you (1 John 1:9).

God is offering His grace (supernatural empowerment) to enable us to live holy lives (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Corinthians 12:9).

At times, the pressures of life may seem to overwhelm you. When that happens, don’t forget you have the ability to turn your heart toward God and ask for His help.

Hebrews 4:16 says, “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”

Sin will not keep you out of heaven. Only rejection of Jesus can keep you from heaven. When you sin, you break your fellowship with God, but your relationship is not broken.

That is why it is so important for Christians to run to Jesus, and not away from Him, when they sin.

Romans 8:1 says, “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.” Remember, the blood of Jesus will never lose its power to cleanse you—and God is excited to see you grow in Him!

And there’s something else to consider: We are saved not by being sinless, but by Jesus’ life.

Never forget this: “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son” (Romans 5:8-10).

My online 2-week long Winter Faith Coaching starts February 11... Come with ALL your life questions and you shall be provided with instant solutions from God’s Word!

Awujoola Oluwafolajinmi, The World’s Foremost Faith Coach!

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Polygyny? / Cardinal Pell Has Been Sentenced!!! / How Church Paid People To Fake Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.