Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,480 members, 7,901,345 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:48 AM

Arik Air Plane Stealing From Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Arik Air Plane Stealing From Nigerians (343 Views)

My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? / BVN FORFEITURE ORDER: Stealing From The Dead / Ethiopian Airlines Confirms Bid For Nigeria's Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air Plane Stealing From Nigerians by gimmehear(f): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2018
Gross incompetence and inpunity should not be allowed to walkaway free!

My name is Victory Emeh, and this is an account of my unpleasant experience with Arik air
that happened yesterday, 12th dec 2018.

I booked a flight for the 12th of December from Abuja to Lagos with Arik air for
12:15pm. This booking was carried out on the 24th of November, 2018.
That is, 18days to my due date.
On the same date, I was also booked for a connecting flight from Lagos, Nigeria to
Banjul, Gambia for 8pm.
This was why I booked my flight with Arik to be a good 7hrs away from my international flight..
to afford me enough time to transition.. or sort out any form of delay on worst case
scenarios.

However, these unforeseen cases did occur and it came heavy on me
accompanied with a high dose of incompetence,
disregard and unprofesionalism.

On the 12th, when I am supposed to be leaving Abuja..
I get a text from Arik stating that my
flight has been rescheduled for 3:45pm.
This wasn’t far-fetched from their reputation but I was at least happy that I still had enough time before my second flight.

I arrived the Abuja airport by 2pm and that is when I received another message from Arik Air informing me that I have again been moved till 6:05pm. I was furious but all personnel played deaf to our complaints. By the time I tried to check in for the flight meant for 6pm, I’m again informed that it’s been moved to 7pm.
This time I am unable to contain my frustration, piqued and highly disappointed
How can they do this??
I have to be in Lagos before 8pm! I tell them.
I should be in Gambia on the 13th unfailingly.. I couldn’t afford to be moved to a 7pm flight.
so they agreed to let me retain the 6:05pm flight.

This made it very apparent to me, that Arik air either overbooked itself or was selling off people’s seats to other people as I wasn’t the only one whose flight has been incessantly moved back and forth like a wheelchair.

Now this is me, who scheduled my flight since 24th of November to avoid being in this kind of mess… angry as I was, I got ready for the 6:05 flight but alas the new announcement came as a shock as it revealed that the plane that was to take us to Lagos has not even landed in Abuja!

Eventually when it arrived it was well past 6PM and we couldn’t take off until almost 6:50

I arrived Lagos by past 8pm and rushed to the international airport where I am to board with Air peace to Gambia, and to my utmost dismay, the plane had taken off.

I stood there, in the middle of the airport, drained physically and emotionally
and hot tears rolled down my eyes like a fountain.
I was supposed to speak at a program today, 13th of December, and I am still here in Lagos Nigeria

I can’t even get another flight to Gambia until Friday and I would be paying an additional
N36,000 for a flight that cost me about N200,000 to book.

I am stuck in Lagos without a place to sleep and I have to start looking for a hotel.. I don’t know anyone here.
Arik has cost me a lot of money,
Three important appointments that includes: a speaking engagement, a job and another
meeting.
They have cost me my comfort, and my time and I am emotionally distressed.

I demand that Arik be called to answer for the hideous crimes of their gross unprofessionalism, nonchalance and an incompetence so offensive that it smells like the carcass of a dead animal. I am prepared
to take this up to the full extent of the law and ensure that they pay because I have the right to be treated right.

http://gimmehear.com/arik-air-plane-stealing-from-nigerians/

Temi Badmus

3 Likes

Re: Arik Air Plane Stealing From Nigerians by obi4eze(m): 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2018
This is so bad. Go to their twitter page and call them out. You deserve to be compensated for whatever you must have lost as a result of their gross incompetence.
Re: Arik Air Plane Stealing From Nigerians by kingchris30(m): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
sorry for that, I will advice you take legal action against them
Re: Arik Air Plane Stealing From Nigerians by akenzua74(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
Sorry brother ,the best way to call them out go to human right radio in Abuja, I believe brekete family program will quickly hook you up with servicom and consumer protection council. It is the surest way to be heard, shame that unprofessional Arik staff and uncaring incompetent management.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Factory Selling All It's Equipment In Lagos State. / Why Do People Fail In Network Marketing / Make Millions From Import Affiliate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.