Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,689 members, 7,918,171 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:35 AM

Today's Shockest Post - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Shockest Post (773 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
I was so shocked this morning when i came accross what i can call most develishpost on Nairaland.
Some muslims believe it is against their god by wishing christians a Merry Christmas. This surprise me to d extent i now begin to fear being in this country with this people. Why on earth will a normal human being wll have such hatred towards his fellow man.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by wis3(m): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
imam07:
I was so shocked this morning when i came accross what i can call most develishpost on Nairaland.
Some muslims believe it is against their god by wishing christians a Merry Christmas. This surprise me to d extent i now begin to fear being in this country with this people. Why on earth will a normal human being wll have such hatred towards his fellow man.
different strokes for different people. Some people have a high level of intolerance take easterners for instance. They hardly have any muslims around because they think it's an abormination. That's why there's hardly any mosque in the east.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
wis3:
different strokes for different people. Some people have a high level of intolerance take easterners for instance. They hardly have any muslims around because they think it's an abormination. That's why there's hardly any mosque in the east.
that is a wrong word to use. It is not abormination. Only dat islam was not spread to d area. Will u say it is an abormination for xtians to live in sokoto
Re: Today's Shockest Post by wis3(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
imam07:
that is a wrong word to use. It is not abormination. Only dat islam was not spread to d area. Will u say it is an abormination for xtians to live in sokoto
this doesn't write off the fact that Christians are intolerant. There are more churches in Kaduna than there are in the entire south east region. How many mosques can you even find in the south?
Re: Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
wis3:
this doesn't write off the fact that Christians are intolerant. There are more churches in Kaduna than there are in the entire south east region. How many mosques can you even find in the south?
You just deviate frm d topic. My question is why muslims beliv wishing christians a merry christmas is against their belief. This sound so ridiculous.
If muslims think dis is a sin to them.why muslims open shop and sells items to christians on xmas time. To sell and collect money from christians celebrating xmas is not against your god but to wish a merry xmas is a sin to u. Cant u reason? This is insanity.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by AryEmber(f): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2018
Nice try Op but your last comment is actually silly. Trade, businesses, services has hardly anything to do with religion esp in this part of the world. People sell and buys things from each other even if they don't like one another.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by Nostradamus: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2018
I regret wasting my precious time to read this thread.very meaningless thread,am unfollowing asap. Wanna see meaningful,entertaining and informative threads?think reddit.think quota. Silly shyte as this got no place there.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2018
AryEmber:
Nice try Op but your last comment is actually silly. Trade, businesses, services has hardly anything to do with religion esp in this part of the world. People sell and buys things from each other even if they don't like one another.
the truth will be silly to u
Re: Today's Shockest Post by AryEmber(f): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2018
imam07:
the truth will be silly to u
And what truth is in what you wrote? Businesses has hardly anything to do with religion.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by AryEmber(f): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2018
Nostradamus:
I regret wasting my precious time to read this thread.very meaningless thread,am unfollowing asap. Wanna see meaningful,entertaining and informative threads?think reddit.think quota. Silly shyte as this got no place there.
And yet, you won't leave this place alone.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by Nostradamus: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
AryEmber:
And yet, you won't leave this place alone.
I will unfollow the thread now-now.i don't even know what this thread's about.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
Maybe it's because Im not a religious Muslim but I don't see what is wrong with wishing a Christian Merry Christmas, sometimes I even go to my friends house during Christmas to celebrate with them.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
AryEmber:
And what truth is in what you wrote? Businesses has hardly anything to do with religion.
if you believe dat wishing christians a merry christmas is a sin, pls why do u hv to hv any dealings wit dem at all. People u cant wish them good,it means u hate them and u see dem as ur enemy. If u cant wish me good.why will u hv to sell items to me during christmas. I know u will remove business frm religion islam does not take collecting money from their enemy as a sin. Money matter here. Money over rides dealing with those u cant wish a merry christmas.
For ur info,xmas is a season of merriment not d season of kiilling innocent people.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by AryEmber(f): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
imam07:
if you believe dat wishing christians a merry christmas is a sin, pls why do u hv to hv any dealings wit dem at all. People u cant wish them good,it means u hate them and u see dem as ur enemy. If u cant wish me good.why will u hv to sell items to me during christmas. I know u will remove business frm religion islam does not take collecting money from their enemy as a sin. Money matter here. Money over rides dealing with those u cant wish a merry christmas.
For ur info,xmas is a season of merriment not d season of kiilling innocent people.
You've got deep issues, so because I don't greet you for christmas, it means I wish for bad things to happen to you? Keep lamenting on something that does nothing to you. Muslims aren't the only one who don't greet during christmas, Jehovah Witnesses do not either, I guess they wish you harm too abi?
Re: Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
AryEmber:
You've got deep issues, so because I don't greet you for christmas, it means I wish for bad things to happen to you? Keep lamenting on something that does nothing to you. Muslims aren't the only one who don't greet during christmas, Jehovah Witnesses do not either, I guess they wish you harm too abi?
this is not about jehovah witness followers too do not wish a merry xmas. This is a common sense. Do u think i dig johovah witness followers idealogy. If jehovah followers do not wish me merry xmas,does dat mean is sensible? Let remove remove religion here first.under normal circumstance,it is senseless wen u cant wish your fellow human being good wen he or she is on merriment. Too much religion attachment to human activities do not allow us to know wht is right or wrong.
To let u know,christmas is not a religion. The significance of christmas is to show and share love to others,regardless of ur religion. Is a man made arranged program(merriment) not dat Jesus christ enforce it on us. Is it a sin to merry? It is islam dat attach too much religion to christmas and dat is why they see it as a sin to say merry christmas. Is there any difference btw happy independence day and merry christmas? D only diff me i know is d date and d level at which we celebrate it. It is not necessary u celebrate xmas because it is not by force, but for someone or group of who see/sees it as a sin 4 celebrating xmas is suffering from insanity. Though ur religion mite encourage hatered to other religion.my own religion preaches love and kindness. Am free to wish u happy sallah 100 times a day nd i know my God will be pleased about it.
Preach love because God is love. Stop preaching religion. Religion is an avenue that creates differences among us.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by frank317: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
wis3:

Kaduna state has more Christian indigins then Muslims.

Easterners are not intolerant. We have Muslims in the east and u hardly hear they are attacked the way Christians are periodically attacked in the north.

There are no mosques in the north because they northerners do not travel in mass they way Easterners do. Even when they travel they live in community and build their mosque there.

Pls stop spreading false rumor if u have never traveled out of ur comfort zone.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by frank317: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
imam07:
You just deviate frm d topic. My question is why muslims beliv wishing christians a merry christmas is against their belief. This sound so ridiculous.
If muslims think dis is a sin to them.why muslims open shop and sells items to christians on xmas time. To sell and collect money from christians celebrating xmas is not against your god but to wish a merry xmas is a sin to u. Cant u reason? This is insanity.

That's the hypocrisy of religion. Christians have their wahala too
Re: Today's Shockest Post by AryEmber(f): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
imam07:
this is not about jehovah witness followers too do not wish a merry xmas. This is a common sense. Do u think i dig johovah witness followers idealogy. If jehovah followers do not wish me merry xmas,does dat mean is sensible? Let remove remove religion here first.under normal circumstance,it is senseless wen u cant wish your fellow human being good wen he or she is on merriment. Too much religion attachment to human activities do not allow us to know wht is right or wrong.
To let u know,christmas is not a religion. The significance of christmas is to show and share love to others,regardless of ur religion. Is a man made arranged program(merriment) not dat Jesus christ enforce it on us. Is it a sin to merry? It is islam dat attach too much religion to christmas and dat is why they see it as a sin to say merry christmas. Is there any difference btw happy independence day and merry christmas? D only diff me i know is d date and d level at which we celebrate it. It is not necessary u celebrate xmas because it is not by force, but for someone or group of who see/sees it as a sin 4 celebrating xmas is suffering from insanity. Though ur religion mite encourage hatered to other religion.my own religion preaches love and kindness. Am free to wish u happy sallah 100 times a day nd i know my God will be pleased about it.
Preach love because God is love. Stop preaching religion. Religion is an avenue that creates differences among us.
You're making a big deal out something irrelevant. Like I said, it does not elevate your position neither does it harm you. When a muslim attack you for wishing him/her merry christmas, then I believe you can shout to the world about it. We wish you, we no wish you oh, it doesn't stop your celebration.
Re: Today's Shockest Post by imam07: 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
AryEmber:
You're making a big deal out something irrelevant. Like I said, it does not elevate your position neither does it harm you. When a muslim attack you for wishing him/her merry christmas, then I believe you can shout to the world about it. We wish you, we no wish you oh, it doesn't stop your celebration.
my point is simple.. Is abnormal to thinkwishing a merry xmas. U are only repeating d same post
Re: Today's Shockest Post by wis3(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2018
frank317:

Kaduna state has more Christian indigins then Muslims.

Easterners are not intolerant. We have Muslims in the east and u hardly hear they are attacked the way Christians are periodically attacked in the north.

There are no mosques in the north because they northerners do not travel in mass they way Easterners do. Even when they travel they live in community and build their mosque there.

Pls stop spreading false rumor if u have never traveled out of ur comfort zone.
how many mosques are there in SE?
Re: Today's Shockest Post by akeensbussy(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2018
Truly religion is a scam

(1) (Reply)

What Was Jesus Writing With His Finger On The Ground? / Boko Haram Abduct Abraham Amuta A Corp Member. / Islam Is All About Mohamed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.