Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,226 members, 7,887,611 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

Latest Job Recruitment At Egbin Power Plc - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Latest Job Recruitment At Egbin Power Plc (580 Views)

Massive Recruitment At Egbin Power Plc 2018 | Apply Now Before Deadline / Internal Audit Officer At Egbin Power Plc / Oracle Consulting Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (9 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest Job Recruitment At Egbin Power Plc by Worldtrends: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
Egbin Power Plc Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.

Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.

TECHNICAL ADVISOR – INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROL

Job Type: Contracted
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor

JOB SUMMARY
Oversee and coordinate all maintenance activities in the I&C section.
Oversee all maintenance design work relating to Instrumentation, Control and System Logic.

KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and supervise maintenance measures in I&C and optimize equipment lifecycle cost
Ensure all I&C systems are available in the power plant
Ensure availability of spares and other requisite items for maintenance
Manage the preparation of MIS reports for I&C maintenance
Minimize response time to the customer (i.e. operations) for handling routine day-to-day problems
Plan resource requirements and budget for I&C maintenance- manpower, materials and contracts
Ensure compliance with procedures relating to documentation and record keeping of equipment history
Approve all procurement needs analysis for the I&C section and all I&C maintenance design work
Review and monitor the closure of all TMs relating to I&C
Oversee the I&C team in resolving issues highlighted as part of analysis from the planning and efficiency team
Oversee budget planning and control in I&C maintenance division.
Optimize Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) for Turbine
Assist Head, Maintenance in planning all short, medium and long term maintenance activities with Maintenance planning section
Provision of assistance and support with respect to preventive maintenance actions of the I&C section
Review and recommend drawings and documents related to I&C maintenance
Review and recommend I&C maintenance procedure
Provision of advice on I&C maintenance methods and technical solutions
Analyze TM (Trouble Memo) events and advise on appropriate technical solutions
Provision of advice on repair works performed by I&C personnel
Review & advise on material specifications
Assist with procurement of equipment, spare parts and other materials for the I&C
Conduct performance review of subordinates
Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Plant Director

QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience in the same or similar fields of power plants above 200MW with:
At least five (5) years’ experience as an engineer in a related division
At least three (3) years’ experience as a manager in operations and/or I&C maintenance section
Proficiency in English Language – Speaking and Written is a mandatory communication skill
Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification

SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Possess Technical Knowledge of all I&C systems in the power plant
Good understanding of the operations and history of power plant equipment
Knowledge of standard operating procedures with respect to I&C maintenance of turbine and boiler
Sound Technical trouble shooting
In depth knowledge of safety requirements
Strong awareness of suppliers of material and services for I&C maintenance
Good Knowledge of power generation process
Good Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spares inventory management for I&C spares
Good leadership Skills
Excellent Project Management skills
Good Communication and Reporting skills – ability to speak, read and write fluently in English

TECHNICAL ADVISOR – TURBINE MAINTENANCE

Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor

JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for all maintenance activities relating to the generation turbine. Approve all procurement needs and maintenance design work in the turbine section.

RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Supervision of maintenance measures in turbine and optimise equipment lifecycle cost
Ensure availability of spares and other infrastructures for maintenance of turbine
Minimize cost of maintenance of turbine maintenance section
Ensure high availability of turbine and plan resource requirements for maintenance of turbine
Ensure compliance with procedures relating to documentation and record keeping of equipment history
Optimize Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) for Turbine
Network with other mechanical maintenance teams in the plant and other locations for learning purposes
Assist in planning all short, medium and long term maintenance activities with Maintenance planning unit
Coordination with shift operations for ensuring efficient plant operations
Lead all planned and unplanned shut down maintenance activities including all minor and major overhauls relating to turbine
Provision of assistance and support with respect to preventive maintenance actions of the Turbine section
Review and recommend drawings and documents related to Turbine maintenance
Review and recommend Turbine maintenance procedure
Provision of advice on Turbine maintenance methods and technical solutions
Analyze TM (Trouble Memo) events and advise on appropriate technical solutions
Provision of advice on repair works performed by Turbine personnel
Review & advise on material specifications
Assist with procurement of equipment, spare parts and other materials for the Turbine
Conduct performance review of subordinates
Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head, Maintenance

Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering
Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in the same or similar fields of power plants above 200MW with:
At least five (5) years’ experience as an engineer in a related division
At least three (3) years’ experience as a manager in operations and/or maintenance section
Proficiency in English Language – Speaking and Written is a mandatory communication skill
Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification is an added advantage

SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Experience and working exposure of maintenance of turbine generator and auxiliaries
In-depth understanding of Turbine Operations
Sound technical trouble shooting skills
Appreciable knowledge of safety requirements
Knowledge of standard operating procedures with respect to maintenance of turbine generator and auxiliaries
Sound knowledge of power generation processes
Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spares inventory management
Effective Leadership Skills
Effective Communication and Reporting Skills  – ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites

TECHNICAL ADVISOR- PLANT MAINTENANCE

Level: Executive

JOB SUMMARY
Oversee and coordinate all maintenance and procurement request activities.

KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in the development and articulation of the annual operating plans, monthly operating plans and other tactical plan for Egbin.
Ensure and manage the Plant’s maintenance performance within its Periodic Operating Plans
Ensure compliance with the MIS requirements of the department
Ensure high availability with reliability of all mechanical equipment and systems in the power plant
Supervision of maintenance measures in mechanical maintenance division and ensuring adherence to quality and safety parameters.
Ensure effective utilization of maintenance budget
Minimize cost of maintenance and optimize equipment lifecycle cost.
Plan optimum resource requirements for mechanical maintenance- manpower, materials and contracts.
Lead equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
Oversee the trainings and developments of other employees in plant operations, performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities.
Ensure compliance with procedures relating to documentation and record keeping of equipment history.
Oversee budget planning and control in the maintenance division.
Coordinate and plan all short, medium and long term maintenance activities with Maintenance planning department
Lead all planned and unplanned shut down maintenance activities including all minor and major overhauls
Conduct performance review of subordinates.
Prepare and provide learning and training in all skilled areas to Staff Personnel

Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering
Minimum of twenty (20) years relevant work experience in the same or similar fields of power plants above 200MW at management level with:
At least three (3) years’ experience in power plant operation and maintenance
At least five (5) years’ experience in evaluation and diagnosis of plant maintenance
Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification is an added advantage

SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Experience and working exposure of maintenance of mechanical machines and equipment
In depth understanding of working history of equipment
Technical Trouble shooting
Sound knowledge of gas power plant processes
Clear understanding of the statutory requirements of the equipment
In-depth knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects
Good Knowledge of suppliers of material and services
Excellent Leadership Skills
Good Project Management skill set
Knowledge of Industry operating procedures with respect to maintenance of turbine, boiler, etc.
Interdisciplinary knowledge of Finance, HR, IT, and C&M
Good communication skills – ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.

TO APPLY
https://www.worldjobtrends.com/latest-job-recruitment-at-egbin-power-plc/

(1) (Reply)

Job Application Form Tips And Tricks / Curriculum Vitae (CV) Lies That Make Employers Suspicious / Average Salary List - Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.