Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,663 members, 7,968,910 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:59 PM

My Special Effects Sometimes Scare Me - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Special Effects Sometimes Scare Me (236 Views)

These 5 Rare Photos Of Bobrisky Without Filters Might Scare You! / Man Paints His Dog Like A Tiger So It Can Scare Monkeys' Away From His Farm / My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Special Effects Sometimes Scare Me by Junistark: 9:33am On Dec 15, 2018
Hakeem Onilogbo popularly known as Hakeem Effect is an award-winning makeup and special effects artiste in Nigeria’s movie industry.

Known for creating illusions and close-to-reality effects, Hakeem spoke to Punch Newspaper on his talent and how his own creations sometimes scare him at nights.
Read:
“Sometimes, after I have built a body prosthetic, and I wake up in the middle of the night to do something, I usually forget I was the one that built the body, so I get scared a little bit. When such occurrences take place, I just calm myself down.”
Interestingly, my children are already used to my works, so even sometimes, when they see a real incident similar to some of my effects, they call my attention to it. I always tell them that every scary thing they see on the road is not a special effect. Nothing can scare my children; they are used to seeing blood and horrible things because I create some of my effects at home.“
When I was a child, I had it in mind that I would be a great actor; I never knew I would go into special effects at all. I ventured into the movie industry 12 years ago and I started as an actor. But I can’t act again; I can only go into movie production. However, man proposes, but God disposes.
“Interestingly, I learnt this art in dreams; I didn’t have any form of training to acquire this skill. I started improving the skill as time went on. I was 28 years old when I used to have the dreams; I always tell people that they shouldn’t try to compete with anyone in life.
“I used to paint as a child, my parents are very proud of me. I am the only one (out of my parents’ children) that didn’t have the opportunity to attend a university, but despite that, everything still turned out well.

“Every job has its own challenges; most of my jobs that impress people are the jobs I have experimented with on my own before using them for movies. I experiment a lot. My most memorable effect would be transforming some people into President Muhammadu Buhari and Nelson Mandela. I’ll never forget these works because it is not easy to replicate

source: https://www.bossmeek.com.ng/2018/12/my-special-effects-sometimes-scare-me.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Lil Kesh Denies Promoting ‘yahoo-yahoo’ And ‘blood Money’ In His Song"logo Benz" / Photos: Dr. Sid And Wife Welcome Baby Number Two, A Girl / Clash Royale Hack Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.