Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,089 members, 7,939,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Uk Marriages End In Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Uk Marriages End In Divorce (1016 Views)

Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife / She Doesn't Love Him, But He Doesn't Believe In Divorce. / Couple In Divorce Case Made Love Before Appearing In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Uk Marriages End In Divorce by Omoboy(m): 2:58am On Aug 04, 2010
Just wondering why this happen in the UK.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Uk Marriages End In Divorce by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 04, 2010
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Uk Marriages End In Divorce by Omoboy(m): 6:51am On Aug 04, 2010
Thanks for your nice comment Chaircover.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Uk Marriages End In Divorce by mutter(f): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
Maybe it is not just about meeting the right partner but also about making the sacrifices one should make in a marriage.
Tolerance, compromise, patience , Respect and so many other things involved.
I guess the system in the UK makes it easier for women to just work out on the marriage with little effort.
I have actually heard some women say that they are better off as single parents.
Also there is no extended family there, parents ands in laws to help out with advise when the marriage goes through hard times.
Many Nigerians go to the UK and try to adapt to the way of life there. This also has negative aspects, like the attitude towards marriage.
as Chaircover mentioned too the jet age and the stress it brings with it. I guess even in Nigeria more marriages are collapsing than some years back.
In Nigeria women tend to let the partner get away with allot more than in the UK. The emphasis on emansipation, laws and infrastructures has made it easier for couple to regard marriage as a contract that can. be dissolved easily in a court of law when the parties are no longer compatible.
Finally in the UK a woman has a higher chance of getting custody of the kids than in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Did I Betray Myself? / Is Women Playing God When They Become Pregnant / Nigerian Men And Their Strange Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.