Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,374 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:51 AM

76th Birthday Special: Why We Love Buhari - By Femi Adesina - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 76th Birthday Special: Why We Love Buhari - By Femi Adesina (226 Views)

I Didn’t Ask My Parents For Money As A Law Student, By Femi Falana SAN / THE MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET By Femi Fani-kayode / Give Me More Time - Buhari Tells Nigerians On 76th Birthday (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

76th Birthday Special: Why We Love Buhari - By Femi Adesina by clarkdave4real: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
Home Unlabelled 76th Birthday Special: Why We love Buhari - By Femi Adesina
76th Birthday Special: Why We love Buhari - By Femi Adesina
CLARK DAVE December 17, 2018
The Presidential Special Adviser to on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has penned an interesting piece to President Muhammadu Buhari who turns 76 today.

Buhari and Femi Adesina

“That’s him, that’s him,” the two old women, wrinkled and bent with age, exclaimed. You could see wonderment and fulfillment in their eyes. And as if on cue, they both began to cry.

It was in Bauchi earlier this year. President Muhammadu Buhari was visiting to commiserate with the people on the ravages of windstorm, which had destroyed many homes and other property. As he waved at the tumultuous crowd, the two women saw him, perhaps for the first time in their lives. And so great was their satisfaction, their pure joy, that they began to cry.

That is the kind of emotion that courses through millions and millions of Nigerians when they behold their President, the honest man (mai gaskiya), the man of integrity, man of accountability, one whose word you can take to the bank. The man who loves them, and they love and trust in return.

Don’t misunderstand me. Not all estimated 196 million Nigerians share this sentiment. Not possible. There are those who are passionately opposed to the President. They are a very vocal minority, who abhor his integrity, hate his sense of accountability, and even want him dead. But we are not talking about those who Fela Anikulapo-Kuti called “opposite people.” On this day of his 76th birthday, we are talking of the teeming masses who love Buhari, and who can go to the ends of the earth for him.

Why do they love Buhari? Or better still, why do we love Buhari? The old, the young, men, women, boy, girl, the strong, the infirm. Why do we love the tall man from Daura? For many reasons.

I have said it before, and say it again. It will take a while before Nigeria will see another political leader with such ability to pull an unsolicited and uninduced crowd like Muhammadu Buhari. Anywhere he goes, he doesn’t have to procure the crowd. They turn out in their numbers to see and hear him. They will trek from Africa to China, walk from Cape Town to Cairo, all to see, hear and cheer the man they love.

Why?

Check Source: https://www.fortunedailypost.com/2018/12/76th-birthday-special-why-we-love.html

(1) (Reply)

Ready Made Website For 5k Only With Domain And Hosting / Latest Job Openings In Nigeria. / Group Alerts Int'l Community Of Buhari’s Plan To Arrest Atiku, Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.