Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,113 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:39 PM

Nya-etok Blows Hot: “I Will Go Out Of My Way To Jail Commissioners When Elected” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nya-etok Blows Hot: “I Will Go Out Of My Way To Jail Commissioners When Elected” (308 Views)

Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' / I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House / Press Conference Of Architect Nya-etok Ezekiel At The Nuj Press Centre, Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nya-etok Blows Hot: “I Will Go Out Of My Way To Jail Commissioners When Elected” by Victorthomp(m): 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
During a daily radio program tagged “Nya-Etok 10-11” at Passion 94.5fm, Uyo with the Akwa Ibom State YDP governorship candidate in the forthcoming general elections, Arc. (Otuekong) Ezekiel Nya-Etok, a caller expressed concern over the flamboyant lifestyle that is being led by commissioners in the present administration. The guber candidate could not hide his disapproval of the brazen acts of corruption that has characterized the administration today.
In his words, “Let me say this, I will be the first person that will JAIL, I will go out of my way to look for evidence to jail somebody. The reason why corruption is still holding us captive is because we are not willing to punish offenders.”
He further stressed the fact that his cabinet members will not be political leaders, rather, they will all be professionals and technocrats. “None of my commissioners will have anything to do with politics, not to talk of being political leaders God forbid!”
As a way of incentive to ensure that commissioners in his government are not tempted to “steal”, he made a commitment to pay the cabinet members as much as 2million monthly salary.
“I will pay my commissioners as much as 2million naira a month and they will have to power to award contracts within certain well-laid parameters but people will be scared to become commissioners because one of the biggest things I will have in my administration if my local secret service. Every nook and crannies of the ministries are going to have people who will be feeding me with sensitive information to let me know that you are a thief as a commissioner and that is all I want, I will gather evidence, I’ll call the Attorney General, Commissioner of Police, I get you arrested, prosecuted and jailed! This will make others sit up”.

lalasticlala
seun
mynd44

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Ease Africa’s Electoral Process With ICT — Obasanjo, Jega / Lai Mohammed Says APC Has Fulfilled All Promises To Nigerians / Emotan Gardens: Affordable Housing Packages Excite Edo Residents At Edofest, ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.