Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,084 members, 7,890,587 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:26 PM

I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole (304 Views)

‘10th National Assembly Won’t Be Executive’s Rubber Stamp’ - Leadership NG / Ortom Doesn’t Have The Electoral Mileage To Distort Atiku’s Victory - Kazeem / Lagos Assembly Won’t Repeal Pension Law Being Enjoyed By Ex-governors- Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole by akinhanger: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2018

National Chairman, All Progressive Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, on Wednesday expressed hopes that the National Assembly won’t ‘distort the 2019 budget’ as presented.

He also described President Muhammadu Buhari’s presentation of the 2019 Budget as “a successful outing.”

Oshiomhole spoke in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria shortly after Buhari presented the budget at the National Assembly in Abuja.

“I think it was done very well and analytically well presented. It covers all the issues.

“It gives account of the previous budget, how it was implemented and why we will have to consolidate, going forward. I think it was a successful outing.

“I’m impressed, I’m excited and I pray that the National Assembly will not distort it in a way that will distort the tenet, well-thought out outcome,” he said.

Reacting to the rowdiness amidst the budget presentation, Oshiomhole said: “I think the lawmakers generally agreed that the budget was good.

“All the requirements of the law have been met, namely, to lay the budget. How the senators behaved thereafter is their privilege.”

On his part, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama, simply described the budget presentation as “excellent.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/i-hope-national-assembly-wont-distort-2019-budget-as-presented-oshiomhole.html
Re: I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole by Racoon(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
And what have happened to the "budget padders" of 2016 that Buhari vowed will be punished but who are still roaming free today?
Guess Jubril that made the exposure have been whipped into submission by the presidency & APC leadership themselves?
Re: I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole by ilemobayo25(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2018
lol
Re: I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
grin
Re: I Hope National Assembly Won’t Distort 2019 Budget As Presented — Oshiomhole by yomi96(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
This midget has the effrontery to say this trash, he should return all the yams the has eaten from Edo state to apc form scam.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking- Deji Adeyanju To Remain In Prison Till February 2019 / Why National Assembly Can’t Stop Joshua Dariye’s Salaries, Allowances / Free Carwash Group Kick-starts Pvcs Collection Campaign In C'river State(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.