Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,029 members, 7,966,793 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:40 PM

Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California (5959 Views)

US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2010
Bawo, I just saw this great qoute by Chalston Heston, the blunt, straight-talking, shoot-from-the-hip and quite intelligent actor and had to share it with you.  grin

In a 1997 speech, Heston rhetorically deplored a culture war he said was being conducted by a generation of media, educators, entertainers, and politicians against:

", the God fearing, law-abiding, Caucasian, middle-class Protestant - or even worse, evangelical Christian, Midwestern or Southern - or even worse, rural, apparently straight - or even worse, admitted heterosexuals, gun-owning - or even worse, NRA-card-carrying, average working stiff - or even worse, male working stiff - because, not only don’t you count, you are a down-right obstacle to social progress. Your voice deserves a lower decibel level, your opinion is less enlightened, your media access is insignificant, and frankly, mister, you need to wake up, wise up, and learn a little something from your new-America and until you do, would you mind shutting up?"

Absolutely fcking brilliant!!! He could not be more right or put it better.

I have been saying the bolded shyt about the pink-friendly, pink-controlled media for years. They are brainwashing people (without providing solid, irrefutable logic) to accept their so-called "progress" without allowing a balanced counter-argument. It is a freaking war!!! We should fight it.

Pastor poo poo of Uganda, please save us.  grin
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by TayoD1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2010
@bawomolo,

who gets to define marriage. heterosexuals?
And who should define it, the Judge? Even if we accept that society is free to make changes as social evolution often dictates, is it up to a single Judge to make that call? The society, very well and better represented by the electorate made the call, and the minority represented by an interest group and an activist Judge feel like they know better.

We've heard about the tyranny of the majority. What do we make of this tyranny of the minority?!
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2010
@Sagamite,  Condom

The concept of consent is not simply that of intercourse, it also involves some responsibility for the other partner. In a marriage, both parties bear some responsibility for each other. e.g in a situation where a decision needs to be made, the decision of the marriage partner generally supersedes that of even biological relatives. I really do not think an animal can give consent under such a condition.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2010
Tayo-D:

@bawomolo,
And who should define it, the Judge? Even if we accept that society is free to make changes as social evolution often dictates, is it up to a single Judge to make that call? The society, very well and better represented by the electorate made the call, and the minority represented by an interest group and an activist Judge feel like they know better.

We've heard about the tyranny of the majority. What do we make of this tyranny of the minority?!

The main thrust of this issue is that it is unconstitutional because it denies some citizens rights that are given to others. So in such a case, unless the constitution is amended, the judge does have a lot to say on the issue.
The interesting thing about this case is that it in no way limits the rights of other people to get married.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2010
thehomer:

@Sagamite,  Condom

The concept of consent is not simply that of intercourse, it also involves some responsibility for the other partner. In a marriage, both parties bear some responsibility for each other. e.g in a situation where a decision needs to be made, the decision of the marriage partner generally supersedes that of even biological relatives. I really do not think an animal can give consent under such a condition.

Under what laws does it make it mandatory that one partner should be able to take responsibility for the other partner in a marriage?

Or are you just creating your own laws that suit your argument?

So you mean if a man and someone with mental disability want to marry, there is a law that bans them?

thehomer:

The main thrust of this issue is that it is unconstitutional because it denies some citizens rights that are given to others. So in such a case, unless the constitution is amended, the judge does have a lot to say on the issue.
The interesting thing about this case is that it in no way limits the rights of other people to get married.

It is not unconstitutional.

It enforces a societal moral code just like when you ban incest, bigamy, bestiality or even set a minimum age range for marriage. Those are citizens too being "denied marriage".

In this case, the societal moral code is based on setting marriage between those that have a potential to reproduce naturally. It does not stop the gays from being together, they have their freedom, which I disagree with by the way. They just can not marry each other.

They have the same rights to marry. It just has to be with someone of the opposite gender.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2010
Sagamite:

Under what laws does it make it mandatory that one partner should be able to take responsibility for the other partner in a marriage?

I'm not sure about what you mean by mandatory here but there are rights and responsibilities attached with it.

Sagamite:

Or are you just creating your own laws that suit your argument?

No I'm not. Wikipedia has a good entry on it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_law

Sagamite:

So you mean if a man and someone with mental disability want to marry, there is a law that bans them?

There's no law that bans them but, I think the mentally challenged would either be able to live independently or require the approval of a guardian.

Sagamite:

It is not unconstitutional.

It enforces a societal moral code just like when you ban incest, bigamy, bestiality or even set a minimum age range for marriage. Those are citizens too.

Well as we can see, the societal moral code has changed and was reflected in the constitution. The other situations you mentioned are quite different and not allowed for other reasons.

Sagamite:

In this case, the societal moral code is based on setting marriage between those that have a potential to reproduce naturally. It does not stop the gays from being together, they have their freedom, which I disagree with by the way. They just can not marry each other.

Yet old people are able to marry? How about people who are infertile due to genetic or other reasons? And with the advances in science, the lines of "a potential to reproduce naturally" is being blurred so I'm not sure of how you would wish to use this as a criterion.
So that law as it stood was unconstitutional denying them some rights just because of their sexual orientation.

Sagamite:

They have the same rights to marry. It just has to be with someone of the opposite gender.

I think it would be wrong both to the homosexual and the partner of the opposite gender if they had to be forced to marry. Like I said, marriage is not just about the intercourse.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2010
thehomer:

I'm not sure about what you mean by mandatory here but there are rights and responsibilities attached with it.

No I'm not. Wikipedia has a good entry on it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_law

There is a difference between "rights" and "Responsibilities/obligations".

Rights is normally a benefit. You do not need an animals consent to allocate Rights.

thehomer:

There's no law that bans them but, I think the mentally challenged would either be able to live independently or require the approval of a guardian.

There are different degrees of mental challenges. Not all need approval to act according to their wish.

Someone with Downs Syndrome would not require a guardian's approval to get married. Not even someone with bipolar disorder.

thehomer:

Well as we can see, the societal moral code has changed and was reflected in the constitution. The other situations you mentioned are quite different and not allowed for other reasons.

Changed where? I can't see.

To me it appears majority object to same-sex marriage. It is just an attempt to utilise a loophole or misinteprete the constitution.

Societal moral code still overwhelmingly say "No" to homosexuality in general, talkless of marriage, it is just a band of self-annointed "progressives" that are employing media tyranny to force acceptance on people and stifle opposing view through preventing access, misrepresentation or public contumely in media.

thehomer:

Yet old people are able to marry? How about people who are infertile due to genetic or other reasons? And with the advances in science, the lines of "a potential to reproduce naturally" is being blurred so I'm not sure of how you would wish to use this as a criterion.
So that law as it stood was unconstitutional denying them some rights just because of their sexual orientation.

The law is based on marriage being a unification between people of opposite gender, hence I used the terms "potential" and "naturally".

Man-made attempts to blur natural lines is not grounds to change laws or something to support. So I find it shocking it is an argument for our "progress" and formulate laws to accommodate about people's rights.

thehomer:

I think it would be wrong both to the homosexual and the partner of the opposite gender if they had to be forced to marry. Like I said, marriage is not just about the intercourse.

No one is forcing them. If they cannot follow the rules, they should not play just like incestors, bestials, polygamists, necrophilics etc.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2010
Sagamite:

There is a difference between "rights" and "Responsibilities/obligations".

Rights is normally a benefit. You do not need an animals consent to allocate Rights.

Yes but does the animal have even the possibility of carrying out the responsibilities?

Sagamite:

There are different degrees of mental challenges. Not all need approval to act according to their wish.

Yes I know this.

Sagamite:

Someone with Downs Syndrome would not require a guardian's approval to get married. Not even someone with bipolar disorder.

Yes but even this depends on the degree of disability.

Sagamite:

Changed where? I can't see.

Then I suggest you look closely. Recall that there were times when it was not considered immoral to own other people.

Sagamite:

To me it appears majority object to same-sex marriage.

I'm not saying this is correct but, even if a majority do object, until the constitution is able to be changed, it still should apply. e.g consider the view towards gun ownership.

Sagamite:

It is just an attempt to utilise a loophole or misinteprete the constitution.

This is not true considering the numerous benefits married people actually get from being married.

Sagamite:

Societal moral code still overwhelmingly say "No" to homosexuality in general, talkless of marriage, it is just a band of self-annointed "progressives" that are employing media tyranny to force acceptance on people and stifle opposing view through preventing access, misrepresentation or public contumely in media.

This is also not true considering the view towards it in Western Europe and in various parts of the U.S. Again, there's no need to keep repeating the "forcing of acceptance on people" mantra because, homosexuals getting married does not affect another person's personal or public life in any way. Also, the fact that these articles and other interviews are available, I still don't understand why people keep saying they are being silenced.

Sagamite:

The law is based on marriage being a unification between people of opposite gender, hence I used the terms "potential" and "naturally".

And the question that follows is, why should this be so? Considering that it is possible for two people of the opposite gender not to have the potential of "naturally reproducing" who are allowed to marry.

Sagamite:

Man-made attempts to blur natural lines is not grounds to change laws or something to support. So I find it shocking it is an argument for our "progress" and formulate laws to accommodate about people's rights.

The law simply grants them rights that they should already have. It does not limit the rights of heterosexuals in any way.

Sagamite:

No one is forcing them. If they cannot follow the rules, they should not play just like incestors, bestials, polygamists, necrophilics etc.

And why should they not play? They are after all also fully sentient. And they also wish to gain benefits they've been denied.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2010
thehomer:

Yes but does the animal have even the possibility of carrying out the responsibilities?

I repeat: There are no mandatory legal responsibilities in marriage.

There are no responsibilities you can use as an excuse to exclude bestial marriage.

thehomer:

Yes but even this depends on the degree of disability.

Exactly my point!

So there is no grounds to prevent marriage because (as you claimed) "it also involves some responsibility for the other partner". No law specifies responsibilities that a partner has to be capable of undertaking for their spouse before being able to marry.

thehomer:

Then I suggest you look closely. Recall that there were times when it was not considered immoral to own other people.

Please don't bring that cheap-credibility crap of leeching to Civil rights in. I am not a lay man.

Civil rights is completely and UTTERLY different from gay rights. See comprehensive explanation here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=134573.msg2269375#msg2269375

thehomer:

I'm not saying this is correct but, even if a majority do object, until the constitution is able to be changed, it still should apply. e.g consider the view towards gun ownership.

I don't know what the US constitution says, but my understanding is that their marriage law completely stipulates that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Secondly, the excuse the judge used to overturn the law was lame ("we can not make laws based on moral values"wink, so I suspect the constitution did not back him. US like every other country DOES and is ALLOWED to make laws based on moral values.

thehomer:

This is not true considering the numerous benefits married people actually get from being married.

I don't understand, how does this answer the question of misintepreting the law I asked?

The law states that EVERYONE is allowed to get married TO ONE PERSON, it just restricts it to opposite gender and if you do not like this, no one forces you to participate.

The same law bans polygamy, does that not mean discrimination?

thehomer:

This is also not true considering the view towards it in Western Europe and in various parts of the U.S. Again, there's no need to keep repeating the "forcing of acceptance on people" mantra because, homosexuals getting married does not affect another person's personal or public life in any way. Also, the fact that these articles and other interviews are available, I still don't understand why people keep saying they are being silenced.

The view towards it in the West is a Capital NO!!!! by the majority. Most people are just scared of saying it publicly because of contumely that they are likely to face.

EVERY WESTERN GOVERNMENT (bar maybe the Scandinavians) knows that if they put it to universal suffrage today, homosexuality WILL be banned, not only the marriage.

It is merely tyranny of the minority of self-appointed "progressives", insidiously force their will on others and stifling opposing view through personality attacks and terrorism. Example is here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.384.html#msg6183086

As Heston said, it is a cultural war that the anti-gays have been sucker punched repeatedly so far by giving an inch in the first place.

If the US Army had asked soldiers to vote if they wanted open gays in the military, the answer would have been an emphatic NOOOOOOOO! But the minority in power tyrants forced it through as usual using the complexity of the constitution that the lay man will not understand or be able to debate.

Also, I don't see how polygamy affects anyone not involved's personal or public life but yet it is banned, is it not?

I don't see how walking na.k.ed on the street affects anyone's personal or public life but yet it is banned, is not?

Why? It disgusts people. Societal MORAL CODE!

thehomer:

And the question that follows is, why should this be so? Considering that it is possible for two people of the opposite gender not to have the potential of "naturally reproducing" who are allowed to marry.

Because that is how nature intended. And otherwise is utterly unnatural and disgusting.

thehomer:

The law simply grants them rights that they should already have. It does not limit the rights of heterosexuals in any way.

And why should they not play? They are after all also fully sentient. And they also wish to gain benefits they've been denied.

No, they should not already have the right.

They should not play because societal moral code objects, just like sentient bestials.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2010
Sagamite:

I repeat: There are no mandatory legal responsibilities in marriage.

Again I wonder what you mean by "mandatory" here because it is possible for one to shirk their responsibilities but that person will have to pay a price.

Sagamite:

There are no responsibilities you can use as an excuse to exclude bestial marriage.

Well I beg to differ. e.g how would an animal take over affairs of a deceased "partner"?

Sagamite:

Exactly my point!

So there is no grounds to prevent marriage because (as you claimed) "it also involves some responsibility for the other partner". No law specifies responsibilities that a partner has to be capable of undertaking for their spouse before being able to marry.

Oh but there are such grounds. This is why in such cases, the degree of mental handicap is important.

Sagamite:

Please don't bring that cheap-credibility crap of leeching to Civil rights in. I am not a lay man.

Civil rights is completely and UTTERLY different from gay rights. See comprehensive explanation here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=134573.msg2269375#msg2269375

How do you devise a standard of morality?
Besides, my point was that what is considered moral has changed and varies from culture to culture.

Sagamite:

I don't know what the US constitution says, but my understanding is that their marriage law completely stipulates that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Well it varies from state to state.

Sagamite:

Secondly, the excuse the judge used to overturn the law was lame ("we can not make laws based on moral values"wink, so I suspect the constitution did not back him. US like every other country DOES and is ALLOWED to make laws based on moral values.

That is not true.
These are some of the reasons given by the judge from the article:

[list]
[li] "Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as a characteristic of the individual. Sexual orientation is fundamental to a person's identity and is a distinguishing characteristic that defines gays and lesbians as a discrete group. Proponents' assertion that sexual orientation cannot be defined is contrary to the weight of the evidence." [/li]

[li] "Individuals do not generally choose their sexual orientation. No credible evidence supports a finding that an individual may, through conscious decision, therapeutic intervention or any other method, change his or her sexual orientation." [/li]

[li] "Same-sex couples are identical to opposite-sex couples in the characteristics relevant to the ability to form successful marital unions. Like opposite-sex couples, same-sex couples have happy, satisfying relationships and form deep emotional bonds and strong commitments to their partners. Standardized measures of relationship satisfaction, relationship adjustment and love do not differ depending on whether a couple is same-sex or opposite-sex." [/li]

[li] "Marrying a person of the opposite gender is an unrealistic option for gay and lesbian individuals." [/li]

[li] "Same-sex couples receive the same tangible and intangible benefits from marriage that opposite-sex couples receive." [/li]

[li] "The availability of domestic partnership does not provide gays and lesbians with a status equivalent to marriage because the cultural meaning of marriage and its associated benefits are intentionally withheld from same-sex couples in domestic partnerships." [/li]

[li] "Permitting same-sex couples to marry will not affect the number of opposite-sex couples who marry, divorce, cohabit, have children outside of marriage or otherwise affect the stability of opposite-sex marriages."[/li]
[/list]

Sagamite:

I don't understand, how does this answer the question of misintepreting the law I asked?

The law states that EVERYONE is allowed to get married TO ONE PERSON, it just restricts it to opposite gender and if you do not like this, no one forces you to participate.

My point is that it is not a loophole because married people actually do get some benefits that homosexuals who are together do not. This is one of the things that makes it a Civil Rights issue.

Sagamite:

The same law bans polygamy, does that not mean discrimination?

Polygamy is a different ball-game.

Sagamite:

The view towards it in the West is a Capital NO!!!! by the majority. Most people are just scared of saying it publicly because of contumely that they are likely to face.

EVERY WESTERN GOVERNMENT (bar maybe the Scandinavians) knows that if they put it to universal suffrage today, homosexuality WILL be banned, not only the marriage.

Nope I really do not think so. You may wish to review this 2007 poll here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Pew2007

Sagamite:

It is merely tyranny of the minority of self-appointed "progressives", insidiously force their will on others and stifling opposing view through personality attacks and terrorism. Example is here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.384.html#msg6183086

As Heston said, it is a cultural war that the anti-gays have been sucker punched repeatedly so far by giving an inch in the first place.

If the US Army had asked soldiers to vote if they wanted open gays in the military, the answer would have been an emphatic NOOOOOOOO! But the minority in power tyrants forced it through as usual using the complexity of the constitution that the lay man will not understand or be able to debate.

Oh? What inch did the anti-gays give? Besides, what you said on that post really depends on the reporter or the listener. Some people care about it, some do not. Your claim about the harassment for their views is really not new. Reporters do that all the time.

Sagamite:

Also, I don't see how polygamy affects anyone not involved's personal or public life but yet it is banned, is it not?

Well in the case of polygamy, some of the rights and responsibilities would be difficult if not impossible to carry out.

Sagamite:

I don't see how walking na.k.ed on the street affects anyone's personal or public life but yet it is banned, is not?

Why? It disgusts people. Societal MORAL CODE!

Public nudity depends on the context.

Sagamite:

Because that is how nature intended. And otherwise is utterly unnatural and disgusting.

Nature intended? Are you implying that marriage is "natural"? Or that marriage between people who cannot procreate is "unnatural" and disgusting?

Sagamite:

No, they should not already have the right.

They should not play because societal moral code objects, just like sentient bestials.

But you see, according to the U.S constitution, they should have the right.
Who determines societal moral code?
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2010
thehomer:

Again I wonder what you mean by "mandatory" here because it is possible for one to shirk their responsibilities but that person will have to pay a price.

Well I beg to differ. e.g how would an animal take over affairs of a deceased "partner"?

Can you explain to me what laws of marriages MANDATES that you must be ABLE to take over affairs of your partner BEFORE you can be allowed to marry?

If you cannot, then EXPLAIN why you use such an argument as basis to disqualify bestial marriage.

thehomer:

How do you devise a standard of morality?
Besides, my point was that what is considered moral has changed and varies from culture to culture.

Well it varies from state to state.

Morality is shaped by the society/community mainly based on (1) harm and (2) disgust.

It is still generally not accepted that homosexuality is moral IN THE WEST. People have just been BULLIED/BRAINWASHED to live and let live. Most people still ABHOR it.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-451956.160.html#msg6118756

thehomer:

That is not true.
These are some of the reasons given by the judge from the article:

For the majority of the article you quote, it could easily apply to someone who claims a bestial sexual orientation. Maybe the third to a lesser extent.

The reality is that the judge is working on a poor premise right from the start. Homosexuality should not be treated as anything but deviancy in the first place. All this nonsensical euphemism of "sexual orientation does not wash".

thehomer:

My point is that it is not a loophole because married people actually do get some benefits that homosexuals who are together do not. This is one of the things that makes it a Civil Rights issue.

If they can not marry opposite gender, then tough.

thehomer:

Polygamy is a different ball-game.

Why is it?

Please explain.

Does your judge's pronouncement not apply to it too? Read the article quote, is that quote not valid for polygamy too?

thehomer:

Nope I really do not think so. You may wish to review this 2007 poll here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Pew2007

I would be very much interested in the method used for the research before I validate it.

As I told you earlier, people in the WEST are scared of contumely. Because of terrorisms like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.224.html#msg6143326

So if you go on the street and ask people the question of the survey, it is likely to be skewed as people will give you the answer they think or have been told is acceptable.

I will not be surprised if the self-annointed liberals are not the ones that commissioned this report and did not apply discreteness and anonymity to collate the RIGHT results but still decided to use it to mislead.

As I said earlier:

thehomer:

Oh? What inch did the anti-gays give?

An inch of allowing their society to be fooled that all homosexuals want is just the freedom to be able to relate and have a partner in peace.

To decriminalise homosexuality, live and let live bollocks:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=134573.msg2269021#msg2269021

For example, Tony Blair treated the UK public like morons when he set up a marriage for gays where they get everything but he tactically refused to call it marriage and called it "civil partnership" to deceive the average man on the street that might be against it and cause uproar. Trust the media, they did not drill the government to explain what is different from marriage and civil partnership and why they did not simply call it MARRIAGE since if quacks like a duck. If it was an anti-gay law, they would drill into everything

Tyranny of the minority in action. It is a CULTURAL WAR!

If you look at your wikipedia link of acceptance of homosexuality. Look at Isreal, South Korea, India, China and Russia for example, a vast MAJORITY objects to homosexuality, yet it has been legalised in those countries. Tyranny of the minority forcing their view on the majority. Then over time, since it is now legal, they will assualt and surpress more people until you see figures like that in the Western countries.

Guess what? Even the US have the guts to legalise homosexuality in Iraq. They have removed it from the statute books, irrespective of overwhelming opposition by the natives.

thehomer:

Besides, what you said on that post really depends on the reporter or the listener. Some people care about it, some do not. Your claim about the harassment for their views is really not new. Reporters do that all the time.

I can guarantee you WITHOUT a shred of a doubt that in the UK, the reporters are not like that against people that are pro-gay.

It is a cultural war. They are attacking those opposing homosexuality and trying to stifle them and stealthy force the nurturing of our kids to accept it.

thehomer:

Well in the case of polygamy, some of the rights and responsibilities would be difficult if not impossible to carry out.

Abeg your pardon?

You come again with rights and responsibilities that ARE NOT MANDATORY to excuse why some group are discriminated against?

Please explain to me, what "rights" and "responsibilities" are ENOUGH GROUNDS and ARE ESSENTIAL to justify the banning of polygamy.

thehomer:

Public nudity depends on the context.

Stroll down the road without clothes! Simple as A, B, C. No decoration, no garnishing.

Why ban it?

thehomer:

Nature intended? Are you implying that marriage is "natural"? Or that marriage between people who cannot procreate is "unnatural" and disgusting?

Homosexuality is an unnatural desire. It is a mental issue.

thehomer:

But you see, according to the U.S constitution, they should have the right.
Who determines societal moral code?

Good luck to US consti.

Determination answer above.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 6:57am On Aug 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Can you explain to me what laws of marriages MANDATES that you must be ABLE to take over affairs of your partner BEFORE you can be allowed to marry?

The very fact that it is between humans implies this. This is why I wonder what you mean by "mandates" here. e.g is it mandatory not to steal from ones employers?

Sagamite:

If you cannot, then EXPLAIN why you use such an argument as basis to disqualify bestial marriage.

I've already answered this. Animals are not considered sentient and I don't think they are likely to be considered sentient any time soon.

Sagamite:

Morality is shaped by the society/community mainly based on (1) harm and (2) disgust.

Is there a means of designing a standard for disgust? e.g some find atheism disgusting. Do you think atheists should be banned?

Sagamite:

It is still generally not accepted that homosexuality is moral IN THE WEST. People have just been BULLIED/BRAINWASHED to live and let live. Most people still ABHOR it.

I really don't think cross-referencing your own post on this forum is good evidence.
Besides, you have not presented any research poll pointing this out.

Sagamite:

For the majority of the article you quote, it could easily apply to someone who claims a bestial sexual orientation. Maybe the third to a lesser extent.

The judge was responding to a particular case.

Sagamite:

The reality is that the judge is working on a poor premise right from the start. Homosexuality should not be treated as anything but deviancy in the first place. All this nonsensical euphemism of "sexual orientation does not wash".

And what was the poor premise?

Sagamite:

If they can not marry opposite gender, then tough.

It seems you do not understand why it is a civil rights issue.

Sagamite:

Why is it?
Please explain.
Does your judge's pronouncement not apply to it too? Read the article quote, is that quote not valid for polygamy too?

Again the judge was responding to a particular case.

Sagamite:

I would be very much interested in the method used for the research before I validate it.

If you are interested, there is a full pdf file that you can download and view.

Sagamite:

As I told you earlier, people in the WEST are scared of contumely. Because of terrorisms like this:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.224.html#msg6143326
So if you go on the street and ask people the question of the survey, it is likely to be skewed as people will give you the answer they think or have been told is acceptable.

Again cross-referencing your own post.

Sagamite:

I will not be surprised if the self-annointed liberals are not the ones that commissioned this report and did not apply discreteness and anonymity to collate the RIGHT results but still decided to use it to mislead.

I'm sorry, but you should first review the research methodology before jumping to conclusions. And you may also wish to look into the organization that usually carries out the polls to consider their credibility.

Sagamite:

As I said earlier:

Again quoting yourself =/= evidence.

Sagamite:

An inch of allowing their society to be fooled that all homosexuals want is just the freedom to be able to relate and have a partner in peace.
To decriminalise homosexuality, live and let live bollocks:

Again, not good evidence.

Sagamite:

For example, Tony Blair treated the UK public like morons when he said he set up a marriage for gays where they get everything but he refused to call it marriage and called it civil partnership to decieve the average man on the street that might be against it. Trust the media, they did not drill the government to explain what is different from marriage and civil partnership and why they did not simply call it MARRIAGE since if quacks like a duck.
Tyranny of the minority in action.

So I guess tyranny by the majority is a better option?

Sagamite:

I can guarantee you WITHOUT a shred of a doubt that in the UK, the reporters are not like that against people that are pro-gay.
It is a cultural war. They are attacking those opposing homosexuality and trying to stifle them and stealthy force the nurturing of our kids to accept it.

That tends to happen in a democratic setting. That is why there are pressure groups, coalitions etc. About the interested reporters, maybe it is because many also view homosexuality as a human rights issue. Remember that there are reporters and columnists who are also against homosexuals. You can find them if you want.

Sagamite:

Abeg your pardon?
You come again with rights and responsibilities that ARE NOT MANDATORY to excuse why some group are discriminated against?
Please explain to me, what "rights" and "responsibilities" are ENOUGH GROUNDS and ARE ESSENTIAL to justify the banning of polygamy

Again, what do you mean by "mandatory" here because I've already addressed this.

Sagamite:

Stroll down the road without clothes! Simple as A, B, C. No decoration, no garnishing.
Why ban it?

I already answered this. It's allowed in some settings but not in others. I really don't see how it applies here.

Sagamite:

Homosexuality is an unnatural desire. It is a mental issue.
Good luck to US consti.

Well, the mental health experts have pointed out that it is not a mental health issue. And I agree with them considering the reasons they've given.

Sagamite:

Determination answer above.

So do you actually think that it would be a good decision to go along with the majority most of the time? Even when they do not agree with your views? You may also recall that in the past, people viewed inter-racial marriages even eating in a restaurant with a black person as disgusting and not harming themselves.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by spikedcylinder: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2010
I wonder what your thoughts are on asexuality.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I wonder what your thoughts are on asexuality.

They should be shot for not giving it up. angry
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2010
thehomer:

The very fact that it is between humans implies this. This is why I wonder what you mean by "mandates" here. e.g is it mandatory not to steal from ones employers?

Implies?

Impliiiiiiiiies?

Lets go back again. You said bestial marriage cannot take place because marriage is not only about intercourse, but it involves roles and responsibilities. I asked you to prove how that roles and responsibilities is prerequisite for ALLOWING people to marry, because I thought that was a JARGON argument. Under what laws is it MANDATORY that you must be able to deliver those roles and responsibilities for a partner before you are allowed to marry.

And you come to me with "implies"?

YES, it is mandatory not to steal from your employers. If you do you will go to jail. You did not know that?

Please, try one more time, explain to me how you can prevent bestial marriage based on roles and responsibilities.

thehomer:

I've already answered this. Animals are not considered sentient and I don't think they are likely to be considered sentient any time soon.

Amsorry!

Come again.

Animals are not considered to have sensation and consciousness? In which bleeping country.

Explain please.

thehomer:

Is there a means of designing a standard for disgust? e.g some find atheism disgusting. Do you think atheists should be banned?

Under societal moral code, if you can gather enough people to be oppose pap drinking, then you can ban it. Same goes for atheist.

thehomer:

I really don't think cross-referencing your own post on this forum is good evidence.
Besides, you have not presented any research poll pointing this out.

Yes, it is my observation. It is normally pretty good. Obviously those with the ability to conduct such research will not, because of the gay terrorisms.

For example, a few years when scientists wanted to research if homosexuality is a genetic trait, guess the people that harassed and got the plug pulled. THE GAY AND LESBIAN COALITION!!!!!! Now their LAME excuse was because, if its proven to be genetic, parents would simply opt for their kids through genetic engineering to have the gay gene removed.

We are in a position in the WEST of being forced to accept homosexuality without any convincing arguments.

The gays will not allow any such research since the outcome WOULD be unfavourable.

thehomer:

The judge was responding to a particular case.

In law, most particular cases normally stand as a template for reference for other cases. If you apply it, then you should be able to apply it for other cases of the same genre. Be it bestial marriage or polygamy. It is called consistency in justice.

So please explain how the quoted don't apply.

thehomer:

And what was the poor premise?

Homosexuality is natural and acceptable.

thehomer:

It seems you do not understand why it is a civil rights issue.

I fully understand.

(1) Homosexuality is not a civil right. (2) Everyone is allowed to marry, everyone faces the same restrictions.

thehomer:

If you are interested, there is a full pdf file that you can download and view.

Again cross-referencing your own post.

I'm sorry, but you should first review the research methodology before jumping to conclusions. And you may also wish to look into the organization that usually carries out the polls to consider their credibility.

Yeah, I have checked and guess what?

I am right as usual. The poll was conducted face-2-face or by telephone. So no anonymity or discreteness.

Also look at the survey:

Look at Isreal, South Korea, India, China and Russia for example, a vast MAJORITY objects to homosexuality, yet it has been legalised in those countries. Tyranny of the minority forcing their view on the majority. Then over time, since it is now legal, they will assualt and surpress more people until you see figures like that in the Western countries.

Guess what? Even the US have the guts to legalise homosexuality in Iraq. They have removed it from the statute books, irrespective of overwhelming opposition by the natives.

As I said: Tyranny of the minority.

Believe me. I am usually right on this stuff, so with the wilful attempts or no allowance to conduct a survey, I will trust my prescience and clairvoyance.

thehomer:

Again, not good evidence.

Amsorry.

Are you disputing the argument that is clearly common sense?

Why do you think everytime a law is to be changed to favour gays it is done piecemeal? Why do you think gay marriage is only coming years later? Why do you think gay adoption is only coming years later? You think if they had tried all that shyt at once people will stand for it?

Please don't be dismissing or disrespecting logic again.

thehomer:

So I guess tyranny by the majority is a better option?

Is democracy a tyranny?

In a democracy. majority wins and the wish of majority should take presidence otherwise it is tyranny.

thehomer:

That tends to happen in a democratic setting. That is why there are pressure groups, coalitions etc. About the interested reporters, maybe it is because many also view homosexuality as a human rights issue. Remember that there are reporters and columnists who are also against homosexuals. You can find them if you want.

In the UK, no reporter is allowed to express any anti-gay sentiments. THEY CAN BE FIRED FROM THEIR JOBS FOR SUCH "OUTRAGEOUS" STANCE.

It is expected they self-sensor. Pro-gays are free to rant.

If you are a movie maker or TV producer, you are only allowed to show gays in a positive light, which further helps with brainwashing youths. I am yet to see a soap, film in the UK where a gay character is negative and where any anti-gay character is not written to be obnoxious.

Any movie maker or TV producer that breaks that rule will be hounded and lose. Gays must always be good likeable people.

Gay terrorism!

thehomer:

Again, what do you mean by "mandatory" here because I've already addressed this.

No, you have not.

You said polygamy is not allowed because roles and responsibilities in marriage cannot be performed optimally.

So please explain to me, what "rights" and "responsibilities" are ENOUGH GROUNDS and ARE ESSENTIAL to justify the banning of polygamy.

thehomer:

I already answered this. It's allowed in some settings but not in others. I really don't see how it applies here.

Why is it not universally allowed?

According to your argument to allow gay marriage, you said it does not publically or privately affect anyone's life, so I gave you an example of something that does not publically or privately affect anyone's life but yet is banned.

So if you understand the importance of consistency in applications of law, why is it not universally allowed?

thehomer:

Well, the mental health experts have pointed out that it is not a mental health issue. And I agree with them considering the reasons they've given.

The same expert that said paedophilia is a mental disease (not a sexual orientation) and are applying treatments and therapies to "cure" it, but then turn around to say homosexuality is natural?

Puhlease!

Unbelievable fraud.

If homosexuality is natural, we will see it in EXACTLY the same for in some species of animals. And w don't.

Homosexuality is a mental issue just like paedophilia which we need to cure, not accept.

thehomer:

So do you actually think that it would be a good decision to go along with the majority most of the time? Even when they do not agree with your views? You may also recall that in the past, people viewed inter-racial marriages even eating in a restaurant with a black person as disgusting and not harming themselves.

Again, you look for cheap credibility. Please stop leeching to civil rights.

Homosexuality and racism are completely 2 different things.

You should only not go with majority if something is natural.

Race is natural. You see forms of race in animal world in EXACTLY the same form. Homosexuality is not.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by spikedcylinder: 10:23am On Aug 16, 2010
Sagamite:

They should be shot for not giving it up. angry

You are absolutely right, as always. cheesy
I mean, a lot of people consider homosexuality a mental disorder just the same as asexuailty. Bravo bros. We need to gun down those queers. Abi?
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2010
spikedcylinder:

You are absolutely right, as always. cheesy
I mean, a lot of people consider homosexuality a mental disorder just the same as asexuailty. Bravo bros. We need to gun down those queers. Abi?

The queers need to be criminalise, the asexuals taken to the back of the house and shot with only one bullet. Theirs is not a disorder, it is a cause. We need to kill the demon. cool grin
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Implies?
Impliiiiiiiiies?
Lets go back again. You said bestial marriage cannot take place because marriage is not only about intercourse, but it involves roles and responsibilities. I asked you to prove how that roles and responsibilities is prerequisite for ALLOWING people to marry, because I thought that was a JARGON argument. Under what laws is it MANDATORY that you must be able to deliver those roles and responsibilities for a partner before you are allowed to marry.
And you come to me with "implies"?

Yes. There are some situations that when they occur, implies that a previous condition had been met.

Sagamite:

YES, it is mandatory not to steal from your employers. If you do you will go to jail. You did not know that?

So in a similar way, there are mandatory responsibilities in a marriage that if are not done, the guilty party may go to jail or fofeit the marriage or in some cultures, their life.

Sagamite:

Please, try one more time, explain to me how you can prevent bestial marriage based on roles and responsibilities.
Amsorry!
Come again.
Animals are not considered to have sensation and consciousness? In which bleeping country.
Explain please.

I guess I should have used the term sapience here and not sentience.
So an animal cannot e.g take over the affairs of a human. Like maybe raising a human child.

Sagamite:

Under societal moral code, if you can gather enough people to be oppose pap drinking, then you can ban it. Same goes for atheist.

And do you actually think this will be a good approach? By this reasoning, can we conclude that if the majority of people support segregation, it should be carried out.

Sagamite:

Yes, it is my observation. It is normally pretty good. Obviously those with the ability to conduct such research will not, because of the gay terrorisms.
For example, a few years when scientists wanted to research if homosexuality is a genetic trait, guess the people that harassed and got the plug pulled. THE GAY AND LESBIAN COALITION!!!!!! Now their LAME excuse was because, if its proven to be genetic, parents would simply opt for their kids through genetic engineering to have the gay gene removed.

So I guess we should all just take your observations as Aristotle's observations were just taken? You don't think what you say needs to be verified just because you're the one who said it?
This can easily be resolved if you actually could present some evidence for this rather than hearsay.

Sagamite:

We are in a position in the WEST of being forced to accept homosexuality without any convincing arguments.

I think the arguments already presented were quite convincing. Looking at the biological, social, cultural, historical etc.

Sagamite:

The gays will not allow any such research since the outcome WOULD be unfavourable.

Allow? If you feel you can do a better job, you're perfectly free to try.

Sagamite:

In law, most particular cases normally stand as a template for reference for other cases. If you apply it, then you should be able to apply it for other cases of the same genre. Be it bestial marriage or polygamy. It is called consistency in justice.
So please explain how the quoted don't apply.

It doesn't apply because homosexuality is quite different from polygamy and bestiality.

Sagamite:

Homosexuality is natural and acceptable.

But the first premise is supported on multiple levels. About the second, whether or not something is acceptable to a person is not quite relevant when it comes to civil rights.

Sagamite:

I fully understand.
(1) Homosexuality is not a civil right. (2) Everyone is allowed to marry, everyone faces the same restrictions.

Why is it not a civil right? We're talking about a relationship between two people in which both parties benefit which has been granted to other members of the same society.

Sagamite:

Yeah, I have checked and guess what?
I am right as usual. The poll was conducted face-2-face or by telephone. So no anonymity or discreteness.

And how do you think they could have improved the poll?
I hope you realize that in these times of the internet, it is very difficult to remain anonymous in a connected society.
Also, remember that we were talking about western societies which are known to be quite free.

Sagamite:

Also look at the survey:
Look at Isreal, South Korea, India, China and Russia for example, a vast MAJORITY objects to homosexuality, yet it has been legalised in those countries. Tyranny of the minority forcing their view on the majority. Then over time, since it is now legal, they will assualt and surpress more people until you see figures like that in the Western countries.

Your accusations are starting to come across as conspiracies when there are better explanations that have been noted e.g the younger generations are simply more liberal than the older generations especially on social issues.

Sagamite:

As I said: Tyranny of the minority.
Believe me. I am usually right on this stuff, so with the wilful attempts or no allowance to conduct a survey, I will trust my prescience and clairvoyance.

Well I'm sorry for not trusting your prescience and clairvoyance.

Sagamite:

Amsorry.
Are you disputing the argument that is clearly common sense?

I don't think it is common sense to deny people their rights based on their sexual orientation.

Sagamite:

Why do you think everytime a law is to be changed to favour gays it is done piecemeal? Why do you think gay marriage is only coming years later? Why do you think gay adoption is only coming years later? You think if they had tried all that shyt at once people will stand for it?
Please don't be dismissing or disrespecting logic again.

Lots of laws came about gradually.

Sagamite:

Is democracy a tyranny?
In a democracy. majority wins and the wish of majority should take presidence otherwise it is tyranny.

There are issues that may be decided democratically and there are issues that may not be decided democratically.

Sagamite:

In the UK, no reporter is allowed to express any anti-gay sentiments. THEY CAN BE FIRED FROM THEIR JOBS FOR SUCH "OUTRAGEOUS" STANCE.
It is expected they self-sensor. Pro-gays are free to rant.
If you are a movie maker or TV producer, you are only allowed to show gays in a positive light, which further helps with brainwashing youths. I am yet to see a soap, film in the UK where a gay character is negative and where any anti-gay character is not written to be obnoxious.
Any movie maker or TV producer that breaks that rule will be hounded and lose. Gays must always be good likeable people.
Gay terrorism!

Whether or not one is fired depends on where they work. Well I guess you simply need to look harder. Besides, movies and soap operas are not real life.

Sagamite:

No, you have not.
You said polygamy is not allowed because roles and responsibilities in marriage cannot be performed optimally.
So please explain to me, what "rights" and "responsibilities" are ENOUGH GROUNDS and ARE ESSENTIAL to justify the banning of polygamy.

A few of them come to mind. One of them is that when people speak of polygamy, they usually just mean polygyny which I think is not favourable to women. Then there are other issues like how to rank the legal guardians in such a family, next of kin status etc.

Sagamite:

Why is it not universally allowed?
According to your argument to allow gay marriage, you said it does not publically or privately affect anyone's life, so I gave you an example of something that does not publically or privately affect anyone's life but yet is banned.
So if you understand the importance of consistency in applications of law, why is it not universally allowed?

And I've pointed out that it is allowed in some settings.

Sagamite:

The same expert that said paedophilia is a mental disease (not a sexual orientation) and are applying treatments and therapies to "cure" it, but then turn around to say homosexuality is natural?
Puhlease!
Unbelievable fraud.
If homosexuality is natural, we will see it in EXACTLY the same for in some species of animals. And w don't.
Homosexuality is a mental issue just like paedophilia which we need to cure, not accept.

I think you would be better off finding out the reasons why it is so.
Animal behaviour is not a good indicator of how humans should behave but, contrary to your assertion, homosexuality has been documented in lots of species.

Sagamite:

Again, you look for cheap credibility. Please stop leeching to civil rights.
Homosexuality and racism are completely 2 different things.

No they are not that different. They both involve denying humans, rights other humans have, based on their physical identity

Sagamite:

You should only not go with majority if something is natural.
Race is natural. You see forms of race in animal world in EXACTLY the same form. Homosexuality is not.

How do you determine what is natural? Is it until an animal performs it that you decide it is natural? Animals of the same species often kill cubs of competitors (this has been noted among lions) do you think that is natural? Should humans do the same?
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2010
thehomer:

Yes. There are some situations that when they occur, implies that a previous condition had been met.

It seems you are struggling with explaining this so I am just going to tell you straight up.

If it is discrimination to ban same sex marriage and the law should be overturned, then it is also discrimination to ban BESTIAL marriage.

THERE IS NO LAWS that require capabilility of executing any roles or responsibilities as a prerequisite to marriage. There is no law requiring banning of marriages where capabilility of executing any roles or responsibilities lacks.

Your attempt to use that as an excuse for allowing gay marriage but then "discriminate" against bestials was lame.

Bestial marriage, like gay marriage, is disallowed based purely on disgust and morality.

thehomer:

So in a similar way, there are mandatory responsibilities in a marriage that if are not done, the guilty party may go to jail or fofeit the marriage or in some cultures, their life.

You should have given an example instead of throwing some lame assertion in the air.

Please give example's of such responsibilities that the US  will jail a spouse for, if not done. I know you are going to struggle to name but let me give you a chance to at least.

thehomer:

I guess I should have used the term sapience here and not sentience.
So an animal cannot e.g take over the affairs of a human. Like maybe raising a human child.

Fair enough. You made an error in the language you used. I will not duel on that even though you got my BP up thinking what crap is this.

Anyway, can you inform me since when sapience is judged before allowing people to marry. Where in the law is sapience a prerequisite by law.

thehomer:

And do you actually think this will be a good approach? By this reasoning, can we conclude that if the majority of people support segregation, it should be carried out.

I repeat, stop leeching on civil rights.

thehomer:

So I guess we should all just take your observations as Aristotle's observations were just taken? You don't think what you say needs to be verified just because you're the one who said it?
This can easily be resolved if you actually could present some evidence for this rather than hearsay.

It takes wisdom to realise I am on par with Aristole.

As I said, if the elements with the power is not going to allow open research, I am VERY HAPPY to use my prescience and clairvoyance.

For example, even though I don't have evidence that the leaders of Iran or North Korea did not win their elections (i.e. if NK even conducts one),  does not mean I cannot use my judgement to know they rigged it.

I study my society and I know majority of people do not like homosexuals, they make detrimental remarks about homosexuals in casual convos, simples.

I know the western government will not allow or fund any research that is anit-gay. And they will suppress without logic any differing opinion with a more powerful access to a powerful media. They are trying that shyt on Africa now.

thehomer:

I think the arguments already presented were quite convincing. Looking at the biological, social, cultural, historical etc.

What arguments? Let me know. I want to know the one you believe and stand for so I am not using strawman's on you.

thehomer:

Allow? If you feel you can do a better job, you're perfectly free to try.

I don't get you. Am I with the powers to block or allow research?

thehomer:

It doesn't apply because homosexuality is quite different from polygamy and bestiality.

You are fcking wasting my time now.

How is homosexuality different from polygamy that to ban it, it is discriminication, but banning polygamy is not?

You did not feel you need to explain the difference?

Stop fcking wasting my time.

thehomer:

But the first premise is supported on multiple levels. About the second, whether or not something is acceptable to a person is not quite relevant when it comes to civil rights.

Homosexuality is not a civil right. If it is, then so is paedophilia. Even if you should not allow/condone abuse of children, you should not condemn paedphiles for their "sexual orientation".

thehomer:

Why is it not a civil right? We're talking about a relationship between two people in which both parties benefit which has been granted to other members of the same society.

Civil right should be based on premise that you are natural. Homosexuality is not natural, it is a disgusting mental issue.

thehomer:

And how do you think they could have improved the poll?
I hope you realize that in these times of the internet, it is very difficult to remain anonymous in a connected society.
Also, remember that we were talking about western societies which are known to be quite free.

In countries where you risk contumely (e.g. West) or vengeance/attacks for your views (e.g. Arab/muslim world) on such an issue, then for me to find such research valid, then it must be conducted with anonymity (most likely the question would be isolated) and preferably remotely (by post, even by internet, which provides a pseudo-discreteness). But it seems this research was conducted as a group of questions with contact with respondents, which my prescience and clairvoyance suspected even before I checked.

thehomer:

Your accusations are starting to come across as conspiracies when there are better explanations that have been noted e.g the younger generations are simply more liberal than the older generations especially on social issues.

Amsorry?

Is it the younger generation that create rules in Isreal, South Korea, India, China and Russia?

Is the younger generation making up only about 30% of the population? Did you see the figures of the objection to homosexualities (which obviously includes majority of the younger generation) in the listed countries and yet some few still legalised it?

It is the same path taken by Western countries as platform to then brainwash and force majority to accept homosexuality.

thehomer:

I don't think it is common sense to deny people their rights based on their sexual orientation.

People with deviancy have no rights. Homosexuality is sick, just like paedophilia. You don't give rights, you treat them.

thehomer:

Lots of laws came about gradually.

Please answer my questions:

thehomer:

There are issues that may be decided democratically and there are issues that may not be decided democratically.

So who decides when it is not democratic? Who should decide what is right against the wish of the majority in a democracy?

So you know if there is suffrage on homosexual issues, people will object to gays like Proposition 8?

thehomer:

Whether or not one is fired depends on where they work. Well I guess you simply need to look harder. Besides, movies and soap operas are not real life.

My point stands that it is a cultural war. There is a situation that has been created in the West that you will lose if you do not follow the pro-gay mantra if you are in a position to influence people's views.

So without creating superior or logical arguments, pro-gays are having a free playing field to brainwash the public and suppress opposing views because there is no logic to validate homosexuality. Homos are sick period.

And for your info, to the layman, which is majority, soaps are a reflection of real life and behaviours and views are formed based on what they see through such medium. BRAINWASHING.

Furthermore, when homosexuality was introduced to these programmes or when they programme is showing something the public find offensive like gay sex/kissing, the producers always use the line "we are only reflecting real life". But in their "real life", homosexuals are always good and good people always accept and like homosexuals, bad people don't. That is what these programmes portray so please don't tell me it is not brainwashing and intentional misinformation.

Can you spot my prescience and clairvoyance at work?

thehomer:

A few of them come to mind. One of them is that when people speak of polygamy, they usually just mean polygyny which I think is not favourable to women. Then there are other issues like how to rank the legal guardians in such a family, next of kin status etc.

What issues?

Are you insulting my intellect?

What issues? How come Arab countries have no such issues? What issues are strong enough to ban such marriage? What is difficult about ranking and next of kin?

Are women going to be forced into the marriage? What happened to 2 consenting adults platitude?

Please try and explain again. Don't let the reasons come to mind. Get the mind to look for them.

thehomer:

And I've pointed out that it is allowed in some settings.

I repeat, why is it not allowed in ALL settings? Is it not a civil right if it does not affect anyone? Or so you think it is OK to allow civil rights in some settings and not in others?

thehomer:

I think you would be better off finding out the reasons why it is so.
Animal behaviour is not a good indicator of how humans should behave but, contrary to your assertion, homosexuality has been documented in lots of species.

Animal behaviour is a VEEEEEEEEEEEERY good indicator to observe what we do that is natural. A VEEEEEEERY good indicator.

Please show me documented homosexuality in species that are strong enough, not the lame claims.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=279591.msg3990475#msg3990475

thehomer:

No they are not that different. They both involve denying humans, rights other humans have, based on their physical identity

They are UTTERLY different. One is natural, one is unnatural.

Compare race with sex, age, ethnic group etc. All natural.

Compare homosexuality with paedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality etc. All mental disorders that need treatment.

You can compare within the groups, you cannot compare across the bridge. Otherwise everyone within each group will be entitled to the same comparison, with necrophilics comparing their case to "civil rights" movement.

thehomer:

How do you determine what is natural? Is it until an animal performs it that you decide it is natural? Animals of the same species often kill cubs of competitors (this has been noted among lions) do you think that is natural? Should humans do the same?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-279591.1024.html#msg4859553
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Sagamite:

It seems you are struggling with explaining this so I am just going to tell you straight up.
If it is discrimination to ban same sex marriage and the law should be overturned, then it is also discrimination to ban BESTIAL marriage.
THERE IS NO LAWS that require capabilility of executing any roles or responsibilities as a prerequisite to marriage. There is no law requiring banning of marriages where capabilility of executing any roles or responsibilities lacks.

I've already answered this. Here's another point. When two people are married in the U.S, one of the obligations is alimony after a divorce. So, if two people were married, it is implied that both of them have the capability of supporting the other in a divorce. Such a concept means that if two people are married, then that capability was met before hand. This automatically disqualifies animals because they cannot have this capability.

Sagamite:

Your attempt to use that as an excuse for allowing gay marriage but then "discriminate" against bestials was lame.
Bestial marriage, like gay marriage, is disallowed based purely on disgust and morality.

Here you go again with your "disgust and morality". You're yet to present your method of deciding morality that is actually coherent. And a coherent definition of disgust as you use it here.

Sagamite:

You should have given an example instead of throwing some lame assertion in the air.
Please give example's of such responsibilities that the US  will jail a spouse for, if not done. I know you are going to struggle to name but let me give you a chance to at least.

Oh? You're requesting examples? You should simply take my word for it. Since you're requesting some sort of evidence I think it's only fair for you to also back up your assertions with examples and evidence.
In this case, jail is not the only form of punishment available. People can be fined too. Again, an example would be defaulting on alimony payments can lead to fines.

Sagamite:

Fair enough. You made an error in the language you used. I will not duel on that even though you got my BP up thinking what crap is this.
Anyway, can you inform me since when sapience is judged before allowing people to marry. Where in the law is sapience a prerequisite by law.

Again, I said it was implied by law.

Sagamite:

I repeat, stop leeching on civil rights.

It is a civil rights issue.

Sagamite:

It takes wisdom to realise I am on par with Aristole.
As I said, if the elements with the power is not going to allow open research, I am VERY HAPPY to use my prescience and clairvoyance.
For example, even though I don't have evidence that the leaders of Iran or North Korea did not win their elections (i.e. if NK even conducts one),  does not mean I cannot use my judgement to know they rigged it.

Even if you were Aristotle, Galileo, Newton and Einstein all rolled into one, if you're going to be making claims like you've been doing here, you need to present your evidence if you want a serious discussion.

Sagamite:

I study my society and I know majority of people do not like homosexuals, they make detrimental remarks about homosexuals in casual convos, simples.

That is a poor research methodology which to me here is not even as good as anecdotal evidence because your sample size is too small and not randomized.

Sagamite:

I know the western government will not allow or fund any research that is anit-gay. And they will suppress without logic any differing opinion with a more powerful access to a powerful media. They are trying that shyt on Africa now.

Then go to private groups for funding.

Sagamite:

What arguments? Let me know. I want to know the one you believe and stand for so I am not using strawman's on you.

I'm not sure that I want to go into that now due to the length. If you're really interested, I could present you with some sites you could check.

Sagamite:

I don't get you. Am I with the powers to block or allow research?

No you're free to properly conduct your own research.

Sagamite:

You are fcking wasting my time now.
How is homosexuality different from polygamy that to ban it, it is discriminication, but banning polygamy is not?
You did not feel you need to explain the difference?
Stop fcking wasting my time.

It's quite different on several levels. Polygamy is marriage between more than two parties. Since it is a marriage, there are some legal responsibilities. If polygamists can sort that out with their governments, that's fine by me.
Homosexuality is about the sexual orientation of the parties involved.

Sagamite:

Homosexuality is not a civil right. If it is, then so is paedophilia. Even if you should not allow/condone abuse of children, you should not condemn paedphiles for their "sexual orientation".

This is a strawman because homosexuality is between two consenting adults. Besides, paedophilia is harmful to children who by the way, cannot give consent.

Sagamite:

Civil right should be based on premise that you are natural. Homosexuality is not natural, it is a disgusting mental issue.

So what do you mean by natural? Are intersex "natural" according to you?

Sagamite:

In countries where you risk contumely (e.g. West) or vengeance/attacks for your views (e.g. Arab/muslim world) on such an issue, then for me to find such research valid, then it must be conducted with anonymity (most likely the question would be isolated) and preferably remotely (by post, even by internet, which provides a pseudo-discreteness). But it seems this research was conducted as a group of questions with contact with respondents, which my prescience and clairvoyance suspected even before I checked.

And you think telephone polls in industrialized countries is not good enough? You're suggesting internet and mail? Have you not heard about poll crashing and how little people bother with their mail these days?

Sagamite:

Amsorry?
Is it the younger generation that create rules in Isreal, South Korea, India, China and Russia?
Is the younger generation making up only about 30% of the population? Did you see the figures of the objection to homosexualities (which obviously includes majority of the younger generation) in the listed countries and yet some few still legalised it?
It is the same path taken by Western countries as platform to then brainwash and force majority to accept homosexuality.
People with deviancy have no rights. Homosexuality is sick, just like paedophilia. You don't give rights, you treat them.

The point I was making there is that the increased acceptance by the public can be traced to the younger generation.
How would you go about treating a homosexual?

Sagamite:

Please answer my questions:

This to me is irrelevant because again, lots of laws come about gradually.

Sagamite:

So who decides when it is not democratic? Who should decide what is right against the wish of the majority in a democracy?
So you know if there is suffrage on homosexual issues, people will object to gays like Proposition 8?

Like I said, some issues simply are not open to be decided democratically.

Sagamite:

My point stands that it is a cultural war. There is a situation that has been created in the West that you will lose if you do not follow the pro-gay mantra if you are in a position to influence people's views.
So without creating superior or logical arguments, pro-gays are having a free playing field to brainwash the public and suppress opposing views because there is no logic to validate homosexuality. Homos are sick period.
And for your info, to the layman, which is majority, soaps are a reflection of real life and behaviours and views are formed based on what they see through such medium. BRAINWASHING.
Furthermore, when homosexuality was introduced to these programmes or when they programme is showing something the public find offensive like gay sex/kissing, the producers always use the line "we are only reflecting real life". But in their "real life", homosexuals are always good and good people always accept and like homosexuals, bad people don't. That is what these programmes portray so please don't tell me it is not brainwashing and intentional misinformation.
Can you spot my prescience and clairvoyance at work?

No I cannot spot your prescience and clairvoyance at work. So do you want to start banning television shows that do not fit your previous opinions. Please remember that the viewer always has the ability to turn it off or change the channel.

Sagamite:

What issues?
Are you insulting my intellect?
What issues? How come Arab countries have no such issues? What issues are strong enough to ban such marriage? What is difficult about ranking and next of kin?
Are women going to be forced into the marriage? What happened to 2 consenting adults platitude?
Please try and explain again. Don't let the reasons come to mind. Get the mind to look for them.

And how would you rate the rights of women in the Arab countries? Who says they do not have these issues? I guess you really have not considered how complicated it can be.
The two consenting adults is simply that. Two.

Sagamite:

I repeat, why is it not allowed in ALL settings? Is it not a civil right if it does not affect anyone? Or so you think it is OK to allow civil rights in some settings and not in others?

Public nudity in our current society is not a civil right.

Sagamite:

Animal behaviour is a VEEEEEEEEEEEERY good indicator to observe what we do that is natural. A VEEEEEEERY good indicator.

I'm sorry to see that you think animal behaviour should determine what humans should do.
So since some animals mark their boundaries with urine, do you think that this is what we should do too as a "natural" means of marking boundaries?

Sagamite:

Please show me documented homosexuality in species that are strong enough, not the lame claims.

Here you go
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/07/arts/love-that-dare-not-squeak-its-name.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6066606.stm
http://www.timelessspirit.com/SEPT04/cristina.shtml

I hope you'll be able to reciprocate with some evidence when requested. Of course, you may wish to use wikipedia as a starting point for your research.
Also, does this mean that what animals do not do is unnatural? And any behaviour not on that list should also be considered unnatural?

Sagamite:

They are UTTERLY different. One is natural, one is unnatural.
Compare race with sex, age, ethnic group etc. All natural.
Compare homosexuality with paedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality etc. All mental disorders that need treatment.

When people classify objects, they usually give reasons. I think you should give reasons for your classifications.

Sagamite:

You can compare within the groups, you cannot compare across the bridge. Otherwise everyone within each group will be entitled to the same comparison, with necrophilics comparing their case to "civil rights" movement.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-279591.1024.html#msg4859553

The link does not answer the question. What do you mean by "within groups"? Homosexuality is between adult humans who are alive. Why do you classify them with necrophilia and bestialty? Please give your reasons.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 12:46am On Aug 17, 2010
thehomer:

I've already answered this. Here's another point. When two people are married in the U.S, one of the obligations is alimony after a divorce. So, if two people were married, it is implied that both of them have the capability of supporting the other in a divorce. Such a concept means that if two people are married, then that capability was met before hand. This automatically disqualifies animals because they cannot have this capability.

Automatically disqualifies them?

Where in the statute books did you see that? Are you creating your own laws here?

Go and understand the meaning of prerequisite before further commenting on this. You are really struggling to understand it.

thehomer:

Here you go again with your "disgust and morality". You're yet to present your method of deciding morality that is actually coherent. And a coherent definition of disgust as you use it here.

I have EXPLAINED IT TO YOU.

Those are things determined by the society. That is the method (societal disapproval based on offense) used and applied EVERYWHERE in the world. That is why bestiality is unlawful in the US.

thehomer:

Oh? You're requesting examples? You should simply take my word for it. Since you're requesting some sort of evidence I think it's only fair for you to also back up your assertions with examples and evidence.
In this case, jail is not the only form of punishment available. People can be fined too. Again, an example would be defaulting on alimony payments can lead to fines.

Do you have examples or not?

thehomer:

Again, I said it was implied by law.

Implied how?

thehomer:

Even if you were Aristotle, Galileo, Newton and Einstein all rolled into one, if you're going to be making claims like you've been doing here, you need to present your evidence if you want a serious discussion.

You can not present evidence without resources. And you cannot present evidence that those with the ability and resources are surpressing.

That does not mean that the falsity they provide you is the truth. Ala Mugabe.

thehomer:

That is a poor research methodology which to me here is not even as good as anecdotal evidence because your sample size is too small and not randomized.

It might not be, but it is far better than being fed manipulated/tailored data.

thehomer:

Then go to private groups for funding.

As I said, it is terrorism. The private groups will be targeted. The Gay terrorist will bombard them. Which firm do you know that will publicly stand against gays? Why will they want to erode their profit when keeping quiet is more beneficial? Even Churches are made scared shyt of backlash in the UK if they make too much noise. If you self-censor, you are left alone, if you are pro-gay, then you are praised and referenced.

So any private firm will know the rules and will look at their shareholder interest. Only government is with the power and funds to engage such research and it is their obligation to allow balance but they don't due to minority tyrants like Obama did with the US military.

thehomer:

It's quite different on several levels. Polygamy is marriage between more than two parties. Since it is a marriage, there are some legal responsibilities. If polygamists can sort that out with their governments, that's fine by me.
Homosexuality is about the sexual orientation of the parties involved.

Oh, finally, we get there.

So you realise their is no grounds to ban polygamy and the West only do so as it is not agreeable to their moral standards. Thank the Lord.

So your judged should know laws are made based on morality.

thehomer:

This is a strawman because homosexuality is between two consenting adults. Besides, paedophilia is harmful to children who by the way, cannot give consent.

True! That is why I never said paedophilia should be legalised. I said if homosexuality is a sexual orientation, then paedophilia is also one.

Since we can not persecute people based on their "sexual orientation", then paedos need help not condemnation.

I think they are both sick and need treatment, the only natural sexual orientation is STRAIGHT.

thehomer:

So what do you mean by natural? Are intersex "natural" according to you?

Don't know. Never looked into it.

If it exists in the natural world, then it is. If not, then it is not.

thehomer:

And you think telephone polls in industrialized countries is not good enough? You're suggesting internet and mail? Have you not heard about poll crashing and how little people bother with their mail these days?

All I know is that, if it is done by telephone or face to face, there is a high risk it will not reflect people's real position in the West or the Arab world.

Anonymous mail or internet reduces that radically. The minute you showed me the stats, that risk flashed straight in my head.

thehomer:

The point I was making there is that the increased acceptance by the public can be traced to the younger generation.
How would you go about treating a homosexual?

Not in those countries.

Majority in those countries abhor homosexuality but yet some few have changed the laws irrespective. The next stage is to lock their views out of the popular media and then dragoon them to accept homosexuality or brainwash kids that it is a "normal" alternative lifestyle/family unit, and then claim it is now accepted.

thehomer:

This to me is irrelevant because again, lots of laws come about gradually.

Like I said, some issues simply are not open to be decided democratically.

I see. So tyranny of the minority is acceptable in a democracy.  grin

thehomer:

No I cannot spot your prescience and clairvoyance at work. So do you want to start banning television shows that do not fit your previous opinions. Please remember that the viewer always has the ability to turn it off or change the channel.

You need to start paying attention then.

I am just highlighting the cultural war. Some have hijacked to brainwash with rubbish, not logic.

thehomer:

And how would you rate the rights of women in the Arab countries? Who says they do not have these issues? I guess you really have not considered how complicated it can be.
The two consenting adults is simply that. Two.

Amsorry?

What relevance does that argument of women rights have on banning polygamy in the US?

If an adult is not willing to consent to polygamy in the US then they should not participate. Simple.

What is wrong with 8 consenting adults, they have no "civil rights" but gays do?

thehomer:

Public nudity in our current society is not a civil right.

Why not?  grin

You finally see you can not argue it?

Disgust is the reason.

thehomer:

I'm sorry to see that you think animal behaviour should determine what humans should do.
So since some animals mark their boundaries with urine, do you think that this is what we should do too as a "natural" means of marking boundaries?

Please show me where I said animal behaviour should determine human behaviour?

Are you struggling with comprehension?

I said nothing WE DO naturally, that does not exist in the natural world. Not the other way round.

thehomer:

Here you go
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/07/arts/love-that-dare-not-squeak-its-name.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6066606.stm
http://www.timelessspirit.com/SEPT04/cristina.shtml

I hope you'll be able to reciprocate with some evidence when requested. Of course, you may wish to use wikipedia as a starting point for your research.
Also, does this mean that what animals do not do is unnatural? And any behaviour not on that list should also be considered unnatural?

Does these meet the following criteria?

thehomer:

When people classify objects, they usually give reasons. I think you should give reasons for your classifications.

I have already giving you reasons early. I repeat, pay attention and maybe you will also see the prescience and clairvoyance.

Compare race with sex, age, ethnic group etc. All natural. Classification: Discrimination based on SUPERIORITY. THEY ARE ALL NATURAL.
Compare homosexuality with paedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality etc. All mental disorders that need treatment. Classification: Disapproval based on MORALS. THEY ARE ALL DEVIANTS.

thehomer:

The link does not answer the question. What do you mean by "within groups"? Homosexuality is between adult humans who are alive. Why do you classify them with necrophilia and bestialty? Please give your reasons.

They are all deviants with unnatural sexual desires. Their desires will not be seen and proved in the animal world.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Automatically disqualifies them?
Where in the statute books did you see that? Are you creating your own laws here?
Go and understand the meaning of prerequisite before further commenting on this. You are really struggling to understand it.

It's obvious that it is considered a prerequisite.

Sagamite:

I have EXPLAINED IT TO YOU.
Those are things determined by the society. That is the method (societal disapproval based on offense) used and applied EVERYWHERE in the world. That is why bestiality is unlawful in the US.

That is not an explanation if you think it is, then if the majority of the society disapproves of interracial marriages it should be considered "immoral and disgusting".

Sagamite:

Do you have examples or not?

I just gave you one.

Sagamite:

Implied how?

Implied in allowing only humans to get married.

Sagamite:

You can not present evidence without resources. And you cannot present evidence that those with the ability and resources are surpressing.
That does not mean that the falsity they provide you is the truth. Ala Mugabe.

Huh? This is starting to sound like the usual excuses given by conspiracy theorists. In this case, you're considering the absence of evidence to be the evidence of your assertion.
But in Mugabe's case, there is evidence of politically motivated murder. I think you need a better example.

Sagamite:

It might not be, but it is far better than being fed manipulated/tailored data.

No it's not. It is worse because the research can be verified looking at the methodology. But in your example, you're just one guy making a spurious claim. You are making another assertion that the data was manipulated. Please present your evidence for this or are you about to go Aristotle again? grin

Sagamite:

As I said, it is terrorism. The private groups will be targeted. The Gay terrorist will bombard them. Which firm do you know that will publicly stand against gays? Why will they want to erode their profit when keeping quiet is more beneficial? Even Churches are made scared shyt of backlash in the UK if they make too much noise. If you self-censor, you are left alone, if you are pro-gay, then you are praised and referenced.
So any private firm will know the rules and will look at their shareholder interest. Only government is with the power and funds to engage such research and it is their obligation to allow balance but they don't due to minority tyrants like Obama did with the US military.

Come on do your home work. There are lots of them. Churches are scared? Do you remember the split in the Anglican Church due to this very same issue?

Sagamite:

Oh, finally, we get there.
So you realise their is no grounds to ban polygamy and the West only do so as it is not agreeable to their moral standards. Thank the Lord.

No. There are grounds just that it's not due to what you consider to be "moral standards".

Sagamite:

So your judged should know laws are made based on morality.

Laws are not necessarily based on morality.

Sagamite:

True! That is why I never said paedophilia should be legalised. I said if homosexuality is a sexual orientation, then paedophilia is also one.
Since we can not persecute people based on their "sexual orientation", then paedos need help not condemnation.
I think they are both sick and need treatment, the only natural sexual orientation is STRAIGHT.

No. Paedophilia is not a sexual orientation. You may need to understand what a sexual orientation is.
Besides, remember that a child cannot give consent and the harm to the child that may follow from such a practice.
How do you propose to treat them? What would you do if the treatment fails?

Sagamite:

Don't know. Never looked into it.
If it exists in the natural world, then it is. If not, then it is not.

Then I think you should look into it.

Sagamite:

All I know is that, if it is done by telephone or face to face, there is a high risk it will not reflect people's real position in the West or the Arab world.
Anonymous mail or internet reduces that radically. The minute you showed me the stats, that risk flashed straight in my head.

Remember that our interest was about the results in western societies so it was mostly by telephone. I still don't see how you know what you're claiming so I think you should present some evidence for it.
Using your so called anonymous mail is not anonymous since we already know the person's postal address plus, it would simply be inefficient. And like I said, it seems you've not heard of poll crashing. I think you may need to check what it's about.

Sagamite:

Not in those countries.
Majority in those countries abhor homosexuality but yet some few have changed the laws irrespective. The next stage is to lock their views out of the popular media and then dragoon them to accept homosexuality or brainwash kids that it is a "normal" alternative lifestyle/family unit, and then claim it is now accepted.

Again, I was talking about reasons for increasing acceptance in western countries as demonstrated in the research.

Sagamite:

I see. So tyranny of the minority is acceptable in a democracy.  grin

That depends on whether you think something like freedom of religion should be open to a democratic vote by the public. I guess if the majority of the population are Zeus worshippers, they should be able to deny Thor worshippers the right to marry.

Sagamite:

You need to start paying attention then.
I am just highlighting the cultural war. Some have hijacked to brainwash with rubbish, not logic.

Again, if you're talking about the television, people can change the channel.

Sagamite:

Amsorry?
What relevance does that argument of women rights have on banning polygamy in the US?
If an adult is not willing to consent to polygamy in the US then they should not participate. Simple.
What is wrong with 8 consenting adults, they have no "civil rights" but gays do?

Like I said, a marriage comes with some legal responsibilities. Until they can sort that out, they will just have to wait.

Sagamite:

Why not?  grin
You finally see you can not argue it?
Disgust is the reason.

There are several reasons many of which are cultural and practical. e.g consider a train rush most people would not be comfortable being pressed up close with a stranger who is nude. Then when one thinks of the various public spaces and utilities available, I don't think we would be comfortable that someone was using them in such a state.
Disgust? Please elaborate. Are you saying people are disgusted with seeing naked people or being with naked people??

Sagamite:

Please show me where I said animal behaviour should determine human behaviour?
Are you struggling with comprehension?
I said nothing WE DO naturally, that does not exist in the natural world. Not the other way round.

Oh? but this was what you said. I think you may need to understand what you post.

If you wish to reverse it, then I guess writing is unnatural so we might as well start banning it. And follow that up with speaking and complex language and hey come to think of it, marriage too should be unnatural let's start banning that too.

Sagamite:

Does these meet the following criteria?

Well you could review the links since you asked for them and decide for yourself.

Sagamite:

I have already giving you reasons early. I repeat, pay attention and maybe you will also see the prescience and clairvoyance.
Compare race with sex, age, ethnic group etc. All natural. Classification: Discrimination based on SUPERIORITY. THEY ARE ALL NATURAL.
Compare homosexuality with paedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality etc. All mental disorders that need treatment. Classification: Disapproval based on MORALS. THEY ARE ALL DEVIANTS.
They are all deviants with unnatural sexual desires. Their desires will not be seen and proved in the animal world.

The first problem that you need to sort out is how you determine what is "natural" and what isn't.

To illustrate the flaws in such a reasoning, do you think it is discrimination to pick Sherpas over when one wants to ascend to the peak of Mount Everest? Or that all US Navy SEALs are male? If you wish to claim that it's because men are stronger than women, then can we conclude that women who are stronger than men are "unnatural"?

You have not demonstrated how homosexuality is a mental disorder. Disapproval based on "morals" is not good enough unless you can present a coherent method of deciding what is moral and what isn't.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by makajibbz(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2010
dis is jus anoda sign d world's comin to an end.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2010
makajibbz:

Of course it had to end some day.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by bawomolo(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
makajibbz:

lol oh really
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by makajibbz(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2010
bawomolo:

lol oh really
yeh, really.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by Sagamite(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
bawomolo:

lol oh really

You, especially, are going to HELL!!!

BE SAVED TODAY!

Take the blood.

Otherwise don't worry, another 300 years will pass and you will still see them ranting that they see evidence of the world coming to an end.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by makajibbz(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2010
Sagamite:

You, especially, are going to HELL!!!

BE SAVED TODAY!

Take the blood.

Otherwise don't worry, another 300 years will pass and you will still see them ranting that they see evidence of the world coming to an end.
shocked take it easy.

diplomacy is the key.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by thehomer: 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2010
makajibbz:

shocked take it easy.
diplomacy is the key.

I think he was joking there.
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by vedaxcool(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2010
I think any right thinking mind should know that homo x behavior puts them at considerable health risk like the text below, Word of advice the writing you might find highly disgusting so readers discretion is advised:

Anal intercourse also puts men at significant risk for anal cancer. Anal cancer is the result of infection with some subtypes of human papilloma virus (HPV), which are known viral carcinogens. Data as of 1989 showed the rates of anal cancer in male homosexual practitioners to be 10 times that of heterosexual males, and growing. 30 Thus, the prevalence of anal cancer among gay men is of great concern. For those with AIDS, the rates are doubled.31

Other physical problems associated with anal intercourse are:

hemorrhoids
anal fissures
anorectal trauma
retained foreign bodies.

Fisting

"Fisting" refers to the insertion of a hand or forearm into the rectum, and is far more damaging than anal intercourse. Tears can occur, along with incompetence of the anal sphincter. The result can include infections, inflammation and, consequently, enhanced susceptibility to future STDs. Twenty-two percent of homosexuals in one survey admitted to having participated in this practice.48

f. Conclusion

The consequences of homosexual activity have significantly altered the delivery of medical care to the population at-large. With the increased incidence of STD organisms in unexpected places, simple sore throat is no longer so simple. Doctors must now ask probing questions of their patients or risk making a misdiagnosis. The evaluation of a sore throat must now include questions about oral and anal sex. A case of hemorrhoids is no longer just a surgical problem. We must now inquire as to sexual practice and consider that anal cancer, rectal gonorrhea, or rectal chlamydia may be secreted in what deceptively appears to be "just hemorrhoids."54 Moreover, data shows that rectal and throat gonorrhea, for example, are without symptoms in 75 percent of cases.55
Re: Prop 8 Gay Marriage Ban Repealed, Overturned In California by manny4life(m): 3:48am On Sep 06, 2010
I love Nairaland, hmmm let's wait and see maybe in about 18months or less and see what the Supreme Court says. I can bet yall, with 5 conservative justices of whom 2 are activist judges, the turn out won't be a good one, that's for sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toto: Meet 24-year-old Kenyan Lady Who Is Trending On Twitter / Only Beautiful Virgin Girls Are Allowed To Guard Gadafi / (video)female Police Officer Caught Having Sex With Drug Dealer During Undercove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 367
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.