Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,449 members, 7,940,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget (12233 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari Votes In Daura, Displays Ballot Paper In Public / President Buhari Votes In Daura / INEC Needs N305bn For 2023 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by tuboi: 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
vicdom:
cheesy
Tweet from Senator Shehu Sani

If you once celebrated Father Mbaka for telling you what you like and now he is now telling you what you don't like, please be courteous and don't insult or attack him. It's natural for people not to agree all the time.

.....If Buhari didn't win in 2015, we would have thought by now that Nigeria would have been like London.

Thank God he won for everyone to know that he can't perform magic.

Buhari said he does not know anything called subsidy. You clapped.
He later paid subsidy. You clapped again.

He said he would never devalue the Naira. You clapped.
He devalued the Naira. You clapped.

He said he will make N1 equals to $1. You clapped.
$1 is officially equal N360. You are still clapping.

He said he will make petrol price to N40, you clapped,
Now petrol price is N145, you clapped and do protest in support.

He said he would turn all presidential jets to national carrier. You clapped.
Today, he and his family are cruising on all presidential jets. You are clapping.

He said he would build one new refinery each year. You clapped.
Its getting to three years, no refinery has been built. You are still clapping.

When he cancelled Military road blocks, you clapped.
When he asked them to go back, you clapped.

When PMB promise to end medical tourism, you clapped.
When he spent months in the UK hospital and allowed local doctors on strike, you clapped.
And as ayam typing now some are still clapping at the fuel station.���

God bless u for dis comment
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Kassidy4luv(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
The same subsidy he claimed was a scam.

This Man is a disaster indeed.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by steveblue809(m): 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
All this race against tym. you have failed bubu. https://shuttersflash.com/
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by zemaik(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
He promised to build at least one refinery every year. These supporters here have failed to address that.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by LxgIncrediboy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
BlackSpanner:
How can a serious government present a budget 6 days to Christmas knowing fully well that the NASS will be shutting down for the year anytime soon.

When they reconvene by January, most of them will be preoccupied with campaigns rather than passing this budget. I'm afraid this budget might be passed by May 2019.

The same people who carried out the occupy Nigeria protest during the GEJ administration telling us that subsidy is a scam now with no shame are voting billions of Naira in the budget. Nigerians indeed deserve something better than this APC scam government.

What I want to understand is this stupid subsidy of a thing... The vice President n The minister of information said subsidy was removed and as such we were paying 143 per naira as against 80naira it was b4.... Can someone shed more light biko
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Bishop4real: 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
Redoil:
But my yoruba brothers told us that subsidy is a scam under gej
For those my yoruba brothers bashing me i have forgotten it is buhari ur lord and master who never does wrong

Subsidy on its on is not entirely bad; hence, shouldn't be a scam in an ideal & sane environment. However, it is the administration of subsidy as a conduit to corruptly enrich allies that is a huge SCAM. The difference between the subsidy regime in the past and what we have now is the transparency & accountability involved now. No more backyard & backhand settlements at the detriment of our common good. By the way, I think total removal of subsidy still remains the best option but presently, Nigerians need some level of cushion to augment the harsh economic realities. Total subsidy removal at this stage of our economic recovery will be extremely disastrous! No sane government will do that. This, I believe, is why this government is still trying her best to maintain subsidy to a reasonable extent. At the appropriate time & with other factors in place, subsidy will be totally removed to pay way for market forces to determine price.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by UncleJudax(m): 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
I still don't understand why fuel pump price was increased by more than 100%

Was it a rehearsal?
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
Bishop4real:

Subsidy on its on is not entirely bad; hence, shouldn't be a scam in an ideal & sane environment. However, it is the administration of subsidy as a conduit to corruptly enrich allies that is a huge SCAM. The difference between the subsidy regime in the past and what we have now is the transparency & accountability involved now. No more backyard & backhand settlements at the detriment of our common good. By the way, I think total removal of subsidy still remains the best option but presently, Nigerians need some level of cushion to augment the harsh economic realities. Total subsidy removal at this stage of our economic recovery will be extremely disastrous! No sane government will do that. This, I believe, is why this government is still trying her best to maintain subsidy to a reasonable extent. At the appropriate time & with other factors in place, subsidy will be totally removed to pay way for market forces to determine price.

THing is, if we removed subsidy as far back as 2006...all this corruption would have gone and prices would have gone down since....there would be no subsidy scam since subsidy is not being paid.

Good comment anyway....

Still, we did not subsidise GSM. ('Starter packs for a Vmobile sim could be as high as N7500...and that's just for the sim..back in 2002. Now, that same package costs less than N1000)....AND competition eventually brought down prices.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by UncleJudax(m): 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ogaga87:
And fuel is 145
The looters left it at 97
Looters budget -- 4.5 trillion subsequently for 4years under GEJ
Integrity budget -- 6.5 in 2015 and 8.8 trillion in 2019

What is your standard of living naijas

Apart from the DASUKI sprill, which serious looting have you heard about

Senate: Magu, how much have you recover with IKOYI cash in mind plus other recoveries you claimed you have made?

Magu: I don't know

See integrity in display
APC and Buhari na scam. I mean I don tire to de talk this same thing.

NNPC is the sole importer and pays subsidy. This largely goes unchecked. daily fuel consumption had been overestimated and the monies made are shared.

If not for anything, let Another party come 2019, so we can have the opportunity to evaluate how much has been stolen
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by FarahAideed: 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ehiscotch:
This is not in defence of the current administration but of common sense.

When the current government came were in opposition they took advantage of every failing of the now past administration but on the subsidy.

When Goodluck was planning to remove subsidy the oil prices were high (as was usual until the end of his tenure) and he was planning to shift the burden to the masses on the premise that the money would be uses to carry out projects. Nigerians couldn't see any reason to trust a government that failed to do anything tangible with the excess cash gotten from the high oil prices and they witnessed the massive corruption happening. It beget the poser " if with the oil boom you can only offset recurrent expenditure and not capital projects, how do we trust you not to squander the subsidy money?".

In retrospect, it was a good decision because we obviously won't have seen any of the promised projects and we would have been paying heavily which would have lead to inflation".

Fast forward to when the APC came in.
Yes, they criticized the subsidy because it was marred by fraud, where marketers are paid for importing zilch. Luckily and very unluckily for them, oil price dropped and landing cost was around N145, so they said "why spend so much money on something as shady as the subsidy regime, we should use this money for projects rather than settle shady dealers, besides we aren't generating enough revenue. Our pipelines are being bombed".

Now the oil price is above $55 and you cannot but subsidize because Nigerians cannot afford to pay the actual cost because the landing cost is sky high and it would spiral into another recession.

They say they are paying "premium" to the NNPC to import the fuel.

Both governments have failed in their ways to eradicate subsidy but this government are on a better stead with the coming on of private refineries.

Bottom line: Both goverment's MO is to subsidize when oil price is high and remove subsidy when it is not.

Also, the marketers are major players in this. It is high time the evil eggs who move subsidize fuel to chad or never even import be brought to book.

After r years of Buhari should we even at be discussing fuel subsidy and fuel importation?
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by clownboi: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG, AGF Ask Supreme Court To Strike Out Cross River’s Suit On Onnoghen / DIALOGUE: Bandits commanders ceasefire, suspend attacks In Zamfara / MACBAN: Fulani Herdsmen Need Money, Won’t Buy Forms For Presidential Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.