Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,319 members, 7,881,174 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:52 PM

See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) (2906 Views)

Tinubu Can't Blame Buhari, He Promised To Build On His Policies - Galadima / The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun / Kukah Replies Presidency: Even Buhari’s Wife Disagrees With His Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

shut up it was 200 percent caused by Buhari and that why there hasn't been any respite in jobs loss data even after almost 4 years

Typical IPOB mentality, arguing based on emotions without intelligence.

If you had any brains at all, you would have at least attempted to address any or all of the issues raised e.g. unbridled looting and non remittance of accrued public funds, excessive borrowing to pay salaries without investment in basic infrastructure, failing to save excess crude earnings against a rainy day along with depletion of our foreign reserves - all recipes for a failed economy (just to mention a few).

Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand all of these; since your brain is apparently wired only to insult without reasoning.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by Strikethem: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

shut up it was 200 percent caused by Buhari and that why there hasn't been any respite in jobs loss data even after almost 4 years
You are shameless..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by Strikethem: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:
seems a lot of buharideens were born may 1999.

the clowns talk about how PDP did this & that, what about the decades prior to 1999?

what about the wanton rape of our nation's resources by the military, of which PMB played a key role in two major stints in the corridors of power?

if buharideens had any conscience, they would stop using mobile phones & request for the reintroduction of public payphones since all PDP did in 16 years was 'wreck' every facet of the nation.

as bad as PDP was, APC led by the tyrant in power are infinitely worse.
Shut your rotten mouth. If mobile phone is brought during buharivera, he would accept it. Na pdp do mobile phone, you be mumu. Even a mad man will not issue such a dumb statement. Pdp is not gone n gone forever. Deal with it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2018
Yyeske:
Help us with how much a bag of rice was worth and the rate of the dollar to naira in 1999, you can kindly help too with the price of rice and dollar in 2010 when GEJ was onboard and again in may 2015 when we chased him out. Let's start from there.

you see why a lot of you chaps are termed 'walking brain dead'?

to put it simply for you lot, purchasing power is relative to your earnings & is a determining factor to what extent you are able to improve your standard of living?

in 1996/7, a bag of rice was about N3000, cement about N600, but how many people then could afford a bag of rice or could build houses? very few. why? the purchasing power was low.

fast forward to 2014, a bag of rice was about N9000, cement N2100, but between 2001 to 2014, a cursory look around shows that people were able to purchase bags of rice when needed & the common people that were able to build houses quadrupled. why? because despite the increase in cost of goods & services, people could afford those items.

it's just like a man in Nigeria who earns minimum wage of N18000. when he enters an eatery to buy burger (to treat himself) at N800 (about $2.5), he will tell you it is expensive.

that same man goes to say... US, enters an eatery & buys a similar burger for $5 (about N1600), he says it's cheap because in the US, he has a higher purchasing power & more value for money.

so if you point to price of goods pre-1999, your brain should also tell you to look at issues such as the minimum wage pre-1999 & post 2001.

1 Like

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2018
Yyeske:
We will gladly go back to payphones if only PDP and GEJ can tell us how they mismanaged our oil revenue.

lol.

see how retrogressive you are...

like the tyrant in power said, change begins with you... lol.
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by FarahAideed: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Typical IPOB mentality, arguing based on emotions without intelligence.

If you had any brains at all, you would have at least attempted to address any or all of the issues raised e.g. unbridled looting and non remittance of accrued public funds, excessive borrowing to pay salaries without investment in basic infrastructure, failing to save excess crude earnings against a rainy along with depletion of our foreign reserves - all recipes for a failed economy (just to mention a few).

Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand all of these; since your brain is apparently wired only to insult without reasoning.

currently at the gym working out when I get home after my cup of red bush tea I will address you and even open a thread to end this lir
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2018
quickberry2:

Upload your cerificate of birth and I will do the same...kids everywhere

exactly what a dumb child would say on a faceless forum.

so if I upload a BC that says 1968 or 1977, you would accept it hook, line & sinker? in that case, you first...
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by quickberry2(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:

[s]exactly what a dumb child would say on a faceless forum.

so if I upload a BC that says 1968 or 1977, you would accept it hook, line & sinker? in that case, you first[/s]...

I'm nothing but a F.O.O.L
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2018
Yyeske:
Nobody is saying we have a perfect economy now but what is being argued is about when it all started and why you should stop blaming Buhari alone but allowing the likes of GEJ and PDP to go blameless as if they weren't the people that brought this mess we are going through.
PDP and especially GEJ killed this country and nobody can deny that fact.

now you are beginning to make use of your brain power.

PDP was far from perfect & GEJ certainly had his flaws.

but can you point to one wrong doing that GEJ did that PMB hasn't also committed?

if you chaps were sincere with yourselves, you would know that the focus of criticism should be to get whoever it is in government to do the right thing rather than be a chorister for a failure...
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:32am On Dec 22, 2018
quickberry2:

I don't know anything and i don't want to learn, I pity my life
ok
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by quickberry2(m): 7:34am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:

I'm an A.P.E

Eeyah....have u eaten ur usual food this morning?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:35am On Dec 22, 2018
Strikethem:
Shut your rotten mouth. If mobile phone is brought during buharivera, he would accept it. Na pdp do mobile phone, you be mumu. Even a mad man will not issue such a dumb statement. Pdp is not gone n gone forever. Deal with it

PDP is not gone, glad you know.

meanwhile, I can only deal with one buharideen !d!0t per week, & since one of your own is already making a nuisance of 'itself', kindly check back next week.

I may just have your time if you prove yourself teachable.
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:38am On Dec 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

currently at the gym working out when I get home after my cup of red bush tea I will address you and even open a thread to end this lir

Tushe'!

1 Like

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by ivandragon: 7:39am On Dec 22, 2018
quickberry2:

Eeyah....have u eaten ur usual food this morning?

lol.

didn't take you long to relapse to your natural state of idiocy...

oh well, heaven knows I tried to get you to use your brain, you were just too far gone in your !d!0cy to be saved.

by the way, when is the price of pms reducing? I thought you clowns said something about not paying subsidy anymore & prices would drop within a year or so?

or was that the usual lies you & your retarded brethren spewed?
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by Ayobami7(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by Yyeske(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:

now you are beginning to make use of your brain power.

PDP was far from perfect & GEJ certainly had his flaws.

but can you point to one wrong doing that GEJ did that PMB hasn't also committed?

if you chaps were sincere with yourselves, you would know that the focus of criticism should be to get whoever it is in government to do the right thing rather than be a chorister for a failure...
At least you have finally agreed that GEJ had his flaws and everything must not be heaped on Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by Yyeske(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:

you see why a lot of you chaps are termed 'walking brain dead'?

to put it simply for you lot, purchasing power is relative to your earnings & is a determining factor to what extent you are able to improve your standard of living?

in 1996/7, a bag of rice was about N3000, cement about N600, but how many people then could afford a bag of rice or could build houses? very few. why? the purchasing power was low.

fast forward to 2014, a bag of rice was about N9000, cement N2100, but between 2001 to 2014, a cursory look around shows that people were able to purchase bags of rice when needed & the common people that were able to build houses quadrupled. why? because despite the increase in cost of goods & services, people could afford those items.

it's just like a man in Nigeria who earns minimum wage of N18000. when he enters an eatery to buy burger (to treat himself) at N800 (about $2.5), he will tell you it is expensive.

that same man goes to say... US, enters an eatery & buys a similar burger for $5 (about N1600), he says it's cheap because in the US, he has a higher purchasing power & more value for money.

so if you point to price of goods pre-1999, your brain should also tell you to look at issues such as the minimum wage pre-1999 & post 2001.

Thank you for bringing it out, question for you is that was there any price increase between those dates you brought out? Funny enough the increase happened during an oil boom and increased revenue for the country, if that is not failure by PDP and GEJ, I don't know what else is. Forget all the grammar about purchasing power because Nigeriains have always been known as poor relatively with low purchasing power.
How many Nigerians were affected with the increase in minimum wage?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by quickberry2(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:

lol.

didn't take my father long to relapse to his natural state of idiocy...

oh well, heaven knows I tried to get my father to use his brain, he was just too far gone in his !d!0cy to be saved.

BY THE WAY, PMS was #11 per litre before PDP came on board in 1999

Re: See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) by Yyeske(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2018
ivandragon:

lol.

see how retrogressive you are...

like the tyrant in power said, change begins with you... lol.
Give account of our revenue to Nigerians and take back your mobile, we will know how to pick it up from there.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Photo Of Buhari Peeping Into His Wife Ballot Paper (photos) / Canada Election Vs Nigeria Election....where We Need To Amend / Analysts fear Nigeria, Iraq are at brink of Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.