Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,302 members, 7,947,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S (734 Views)

KWAM1's Son, Abiola Accuses Ayankunle Ayanlowo Of Snatching His Girlfriend. / US Department Of Justice Arrests Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Over $2m Fraud / Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Gossipninja: 8:31am On Dec 22, 2018
Nine Nigerians, including the son of veteran Fuji musician, Kwam 1, have been arrested in the U.S and Nigeria as part of an international investigation into online “romance scams” and “mystery shopper” schemes that made victims lose at least $2 million over the past two years.

During the Chicago-based investigation, dubbed “Operation Gold Phish,” law enforcement identified a variety of cyber-enabled fraud schemes allegedly carried out by conspirators in the U.S. and Nigeria.

A criminal complaint filed Dec. 4, 2018, in U.S. District Court in Chicago charged nine defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud.  Arrests were recently carried out in Illinois, Texas, and Nigeria, and all of the defendants are now in law enforcement custody.

The Nigerian EFCC is conducting a related investigation of other individuals in Nigeria. .

Arrested on the U.S. charges in Illinois were Daniel Samuel Eta, 35, Babatunde Ladehinde Labiyi, 20, Barnabas Oghenerukevwe Edjieh, 29, Kwam 1’s son, Sultan Omogbadebo Anifowoshe, 26, aka Ayinde; Babatunde Ibraheem Akarigidi, 39, Miracle Ayokunle Okunola, 21, Olurotimi Akitunde Idowu, 55.

Adewale Anthony Adewumi, 27, was arrested in Texas, and Olaniyi Adeleye Ogungbaiye, 26, aka DonChiChi, was arrested in Lagos, Nigeria.

Once the group got the money, they funneled the proceeds into their personal bank accounts or overseas, often Nigeria, the affidavit said. .

At least three times, the money was used to pay for vehicles on behalf of a Nigerian car company owned by one of the defendants. The charge in the complaint carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/kwam1s-son-8-others-arrested-over-2m-fraud-in-the-u-s/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Gossipninja: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2018
More
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Peterdreddblog(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2018
angry
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by ipobarecriminals: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2018
sad Hope it is not true.If it is,he's a Disgrace to his father/ want to ruin his papa reputation.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Jay1F(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad Hope it is not true.If it is,he's a Disgrace to his father/ want to ruin his papa reputation.
Please who is Kwam2 ,we don't know him here in Ajegunle

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by itspzpics(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2018
Gbam
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by ipobarecriminals: 9:25am On Dec 22, 2018
grin wink cheesy grin wink cheesy grin cheesy grin angry sad wink cheesy grin embarassed
Jay1F:

Please who is Kwam2 ,we don't know him here in Ajegunle
undecided.Slum dweller only see showkey.Wish dem don born u in d 60/70s.Not this type of musician dat jump up/down with their meaningless musik.Trust me,i dnt listen to/play all these Davido N co music.I belong to old skol
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by SAMBARRY: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
abeg let me hear word.they say show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.shebi the father hails and frolicks around international 419s,fraudsters and dubious politicians. He even hails drug peddlers so I'm not surprised his son is taking after those that are paying his father's bills

Iya ntagbo,baba nta ogogoro,edeni efesunile.esutidabuletan
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by SAMBARRY: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2018
Kwam1 is always singing and hailing millionaire criminals in his albums.go through his music and look at the name he hails.highlander (a well known Intl drug peddler), etc that I can't Even remember.of course his son is taking the footh path the father is living for him

All wasiu does is to be hailing international yahoo boys like otunba and use the money to amass women.I even learnt that his minimum price for a show is 3million

Unfortunately for him he was arrested abroad. Ic it was in Nigeria,the father for use his connection and influence release him but for abroad, sorry is his name

Kids often grow up to be influenced by their immediate environment and what happens around whatever their parents do.do you think he WOnt grow up seeing his dad hail and cheer charlatans up and not want to be a charlatan himself so that he can also be celebrated and live the good life like his dad

K1 olamides mentor and role model.lmao
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by AfonjaConehead: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2018
ipobarecriminals:

It's true nah,it is za typical of Connie's
grin

(1) (Reply)

Davido Sells Out Eko Atlantic / See Fire On The Hair Of Winner Miss Africa 2019 / Popular Nairaland Meme 10years Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.