Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,305 members, 7,943,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack (47801 Views)

Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Pundits: See How Rio Ferdinand And Glenn Hoddle Reacted To Tottenham Win(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by abbey621(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Larryslim:

So he wasn't backed enough??
Mourinho was given everything he asked for,all because he didn't get a defender,he started to make noise..
Guordiola also made it clear that he needed a special midfielder,A fitting replacement for fernadinho,they lost out on Fred and jorginho,why didn't he make a noise about it??..
Mourinho was never the right man for manutd!

No he was not given everything he asked for! He was not backed in the transfer window this season and for a defensive coach, defenders and strong midfielders are everything. If you watched United last season you would know they had many issues with injuries especially to defenders, I'm not even a United suporter and I knew they were going to have a hard time even before the season began. It's the same exact situation with my club(Chelsea), we failed to buy a proper striker, I knew we were not going to compete for the title this season. Everyone loves to blame the coach but Mourinho has never been a coach that flourish on restrictions. Guardiola had the backing of the club, the right players for an attacking club, without those midfielders they still would have bossed the premier league as evidenced by their standings now, take away his attacking players through inury and what not then ask him to win, you would have the same situation as Man U. Name a United defender in the top 20 in the world? NONE! Top 30? NONE! You have Pogba dancing around like a little girl, you have Lukaku looking for GPS and Fellaini is your best player. Really Fellaini? FELLAINI cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Martinez19(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
cana882:
I remember how Garry Neville kept ranting at every slight opportunity of how terrible other coaches performed not till he was given the boot to wear.. Since then, his respect for even coaches on a loosing streak grew. Scoles & Ferdinand should try wearing the badge before spilling trash.
Gary Neville was too harsh on coaches. If you corrected him, he wouldn't be having any of it until he got the Valencia job and performed woefully and got one the worst departures any manager could get. Before the job, he boasted that he can never lose by 7-0 and he did against Barcelona. When he got sacked and was leaving, the valencia fans gathered around his vehicle and gave him the Bleep you sign grin and Hernan Crespo said "... I am almost happy for his troubles because he was unnecessarily harsh on others." grin

It just like a privileged person thinking that all poor people are lazy until they see the hotness of life.
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Martinez19(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
KingThreatzz:
True, those legends should just take a seat or vie for the job. Every ex-footballer believes he is a football pundit/coaching material, when given the opportunity like Gary Neville, they flop like they never played football in their lives.
Thanks Mourinho, you left Man Utd at 6th position, qualified for Champion's league and in a better form.
If the Woodwards like, let them not buy players. Let them keep depending on Pogba and Lukaku
Depending on those two is like depending on weed to give you a trip like LSD.
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Mourinho and APC na 5 & 6.Always blaming
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Minjim: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
wink2015:

MOURINHO WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR GIVING MORE BLACKS THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY IN MANCHESTER UNITED.

And they all let him down
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Mimi222: 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
b]Do You Need A Job?[/b]

I know you are tired of looking for a job. I can help you get a job. Am connected lots of job employers in Nigeria and at the end of the day after given lot of slots i fail to bring employees because of my busy schedules. I can help you get a job. Am not asking you to give me money. Am not seeking for a dime from you.

Note: • I cant get you a government job.
•Don't drop your gmail address here because i will
not pick it.

To get a job from me, all you have to do is send your CV with a reachable phone number to the email address below

Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Akuruoulo(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2018
Thank God the old man is gone. Una try pursue am joor
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Bimpe29: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Your sack was long overdue.
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Carlyscales: 5:24am On Dec 23, 2018
koolcat:
People tend to look at merely everything they see....OK now imagine going to a cafe to see a frnd, and all of a sudden u saw a beautiful girl on ur way buh u don't know how to ask her for her contact....now take for example harrysong, we all saw how he ended his contract with emoney and at the same time still a warri boy...so u can imagine.!... OK OK just look at urself and ask urself..have u been able to reason beyond reasonable doubt..just imagine it first.!... Let me not bore u with much reading.....just think about it guys.
Hmm!

Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Ayoade0404: 8:46am On Dec 23, 2018
Such is life, he has come to do his best.
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Larryslim(m): 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
abbey621:

No he was not given everything he asked for! He was not backed in the transfer window this season and for a defensive coach, defenders and strong midfielders are everything. If you watched United last season you would know they had many issues with injuries especially to defenders, I'm not even a United suporter and I knew they were going to have a hard time even before the season began. It's the same exact situation with my club(Chelsea), we failed to buy a proper striker, I knew we were not going to compete for the title this season. Everyone loves to blame the coach but Mourinho has never been a coach that flourish on restrictions. Guardiola had the backing of the club, the right players for an attacking club, without those midfielders they still would have bossed the premier league as evidenced by their standings now, take away his attacking players through inury and what not then ask him to win, you would have the same situation as Man U. Name a United defender in the top 20 in the world? NONE! Top 30? NONE! You have Pogba dancing around like a little girl, you have Lukaku looking for GPS and Fellaini is your best player. Really Fellaini? FELLAINI cheesy cheesy cheesy
They didn't back him but he spent over 400m in three transfer Windows,why didn't he make his priorities clear from the beginning that he needed experience CB like Guordiola did??
He made the club buy bailly and Lindelof,then he's saying he wants another CB,when the ones you bought didn't improve or are not even playing..
Mourinho is the architect of his failure at Manutd!
And he was never the right man for the club!
I supported him though but I know his time will also be short-lived,imagine Mourinho telling the board that he doesn't want to work with a DOF,he lost the entire dressing room and the team in a whole!
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by abbey621(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Larryslim:

They didn't back him but he spent over 400m in three transfer Windows,why didn't he make his priorities clear from the beginning that he needed experience CB like Guordiola did??
He made the club buy bailly and Lindelof,then he's saying he wants another CB,when the ones you bought didn't improve or are not even playing..
Mourinho is the architect of his failure at Manutd!
And he was never the right man for the club!
I supported him though but I know his time will also be short-lived,imagine Mourinho telling the board that he doesn't want to work with a DOF,he lost the entire dressing room and the team in a whole!

I agree he was the architect of his own downfall but we are not talking about 3 seasons, we are talking about this season, when you are the challenger you spend more especially knowing that last season injuries were the biggest cause of failure. Bailly was an excellent buy but injury is the problem, throughout Mourinho's career he has always been a big spender, that's how he succeeds. The club knew this before signing him, so that's not an excuse. You don't spend 50m in the transfer market and hope to defeat a team like Man City for the title. Man City that spent over 150 million on defense the last 3 seasons knew exactly what they were doing, they knew they already had the fire power up front so defensee was crucial, for Man U, they had NOTHING, Rsashford, Martial and Pogba are mediocre overhyped players that should never ever be compared to KDB, Aguero and Sane/Jesus. When it comes to player transfers it's all a gamble, who would have thought Lukaku and Pogba would flop? I think it is unfair to put all the blame on Mourinho, the next United Coach will face similar problems, gone are the days of SAF, these days if you don't have a solid backing like Man City, you must be willing to be patient like Liverpool. Look at Klopp, what did he win? Is he not spending? Yet he remains! Mourinho's downfall was being confrontational and expecting too much from his players, if he had just behaved like a mumu and told the board he needs 4 to 5 years to build a championship team, I'm sure things would have been better....lol
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by Larryslim(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
abbey621:

I agree he was the architect of his own downfall but we are not talking about 3 seasons, we are talking about this season, when you are the challenger you spend more especially knowing that last season injuries were the biggest cause of failure. Bailly was an excellent buy but injury is the problem, throughout Mourinho's career he has always been a big spender, that's how he succeeds. The club knew this before signing him, so that's not an excuse. You don't spend 50m in the transfer market and hope to defeat a team like Man City for the title. Man City that spent over 150 million on defense the last 3 seasons knew exactly what they were doing, they knew they already had the fire power up front so defensee was crucial, for Man U, they had NOTHING, Rsashford, Martial and Pogba are mediocre overhyped players that should never ever be compared to KDB, Aguero and Sane/Jesus. When it comes to player transfers it's all a gamble, who would have thought Lukaku and Pogba would flop? I think it is unfair to put all the blame on Mourinho, the next United Coach will face similar problems, gone are the days of SAF, these days if you don't have a solid backing like Man City, you must be willing to be patient like Liverpool. Look at Klopp, what did he win? Is he not spending? Yet he remains! Mourinho's downfall was being confrontational and expecting too much from his players, if he had just behaved like a mumu and told the board he needs 4 to 5 years to build a championship team, I'm sure things would have been better....lol
First I won't accept you calling rashford and martial mediocre players..
If not for Mourinho,rashford was England's hottest prospect before he came and Martial was Manutd best player in van gaal last season..
Who is sane or Jesus,I'm not gonna talk about KDB or Aguero because they are fantastic players but give Guordiola martial and see,just look at what he has done with sterling,sane,Jesus.
Mourinho is bad at man management,he never improves players!
That being said,I'm saying it again that why didn't Mourinho make it clear that he needed experience CB??
Why will you make the board buy players and the next moment,you label them rubbish and ask for another..
Just like what he did against derby county to Jones and bailly,saying he knew the team was out when the penalty was theirs to take,like what kind of manager says that?
Lukaku had a decent game last season,he scored 28goals in all competition,even though it was a bit low,he still did when we consider the amount of chances the team created..
The board has given him everything he asked for,just because they didn't give you a CB,you start to bemoan
Even in life,we can't get everything we want so we have to make due with what we have..
When every press conference,you're always saying"the team is playing badly because you weren't given a CB",how do you expect to build the confidence of the ones you have?
He criticise them everyday and he expect them to step on the pitch to play for him??
Never!,If you were the one will you?
Re: Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack by abbey621(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
Larryslim:

First I won't accept you calling rashford and martial mediocre players..
If not for Mourinho,rashford was England's hottest prospect before he came and Martial was Manutd best player in van gaal last season..
Who is sane or Jesus,I'm not gonna talk about KDB or Aguero because they are fantastic players but give Guordiola martial and see,just look at what he has done with sterling,sane,Jesus.
Mourinho is bad at man management,he never improves players!
That being said,I'm saying it again that why didn't Mourinho make it clear that he needed experience CB??
Why will you make the board buy players and the next moment,you label them rubbish and ask for another..
Just like what he did against derby county to Jones and bailly,saying he knew the team was out when the penalty was theirs to take,like what kind of manager says that?
Lukaku had a decent game last season,he scored 28goals in all competition,even though it was a bit low,he still did when we consider the amount of chances the team created..
The board has given him everything he asked for,just because they didn't give you a CB,you start to bemoan
Even in life,we can't get everything we want so we have to make due with what we have..
When every press conference,you're always saying"the team is playing badly because you weren't given a CB",how do you expect to build the confidence of the ones you have?
He criticise them everyday and he expect them to step on the pitch to play for him??
Never!,If you were the one will you?

I'm not even going to argue against your epistle because it is purely subjective and based on your point of view. The bold part is the main talking point, how do you know he never made a CB a priority? Throughout the transfer market United went for at least 2 to 3 defenders but negotiations fell apart. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends / Yeta Odusanya, Anthony Joshua's Mother Pictured With Him In Dubai / FC Barcelona Player Salaries 2017-18 (full Squad Contracts Revealed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.