Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life (1456 Views)

BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters / An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / The Gala Hawker That Gave Prisoners Free Gala Is Now A Retail Store Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2018
This happened to me two days ago on my way to Iyana Ipaja. I was in a bus yesterday when I espied a "Galla" seller in the distance, manoeuvring his way through traffic. A driver in a blue Camry had motioned him.

Instead of waiting for the hawker to reach him, the cab driver increased his speed- fast enough to make the hawker start running to reach him. The "Gala boy" kept on chasing him, hoping somehow, he would reach him and make a sale.

A trailer ahead caused the driver to slow down. Just then, the hawker reached him and lowered his carton of gala in front of him.

Instead of picking one and paying immediately, the driver decided to pick one then dropping it immediately to pick up another. He continued this way, picking one up, squeezing it, and dropping it again.

Finally, he picked one up, examined it for a while—and just when I thought he would pay—he dropped it and zoom of. The hawker couldn't believe what had just happened.

He stood there like a statue, carton of gala in hand. I could tell from a distance that he wasn't happy.

The blare of a bus coming behind startled him back to consciousness. I alighted from the bus, crossed to the other side of the road, and headed towards his direction.

I slowed down my pace when I spotted him from afar heading towards me. He was about to walk past me when I stopped him.

"Guy how far, Give me four Gala there," I said.

"Which type bros, " he replied excitedly, setting his carton of Gala on his thigh"

"Normal Gala guy," I replied, handing him a neat N200 naira note.

" Thanks," he said, his frown transformed into a smile as he raised the carton and balanced it on his strong shoulders.

"No probs guys." I said.

After a few steps, I turned around and saw him selling to another customer. I smiled, crossed to the other side and boarded another bus.

Life is not that HARD, yet we make it HARD via our actions. Do something that will make someone smile today.

Look for someone around you who is feeling down, and say something to life them up.

Look for that person in your life that you have been having issues with. Forgive them or apologise--then MOVE ON.

Life is too short to be keeping malice.Make someone happy today.Sorry no pictures or video.

There was no reason to snap the guy.Source: XXtedyxxx.cc lalasticlala ; Seun : Ishilovecc mynd44

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by MyAmericandream(f): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2018
What a nice gesture OP, keep doing good when ever the need be.

3 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2018
I thought your source was either xvideos or xnxx. When I see multiple Xs in one place, my brain does that. grin

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by delkuf(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2018
Very touching. Some people sha
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Kharol1234: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2018
God bless u
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Nwodosis(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2018
Earthbound:
I thought your source was either xvideos or xnxx. When I see multiple Xs in one place, my brain does that. grin
You must be a great Vaselines consumer!

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by elderken(m): 11:53am On Dec 22, 2018
Exactly
xxxtedyxxx:

This happened to me two days ago on my way to Iyana Ipaja. I was in a bus yesterday when I espied a "Galla" seller in the distance, manoeuvring his way through traffic. A driver in a blue Camry had motioned him.

Instead of waiting for the hawker to reach him, the cab driver increased his speed- fast enough to make the hawker start running to reach him. The "Gala boy" kept on chasing him, hoping somehow, he would reach him and make a sale.

A trailer ahead caused the driver to slow down. Just then, the hawker reached him and lowered his carton of gala in front of him.

Instead of picking one and paying immediately, the driver decided to pick one then dropping it immediately to pick up another. He continued this way, picking one up, squeezing it, and dropping it again.

Finally, he picked one up, examined it for a while—and just when I thought he would pay—he dropped it and zoom of. The hawker couldn't believe what had just happened.

He stood there like a statue, carton of gala in hand. I could tell from a distance that he wasn't happy.

The blare of a bus coming behind startled him back to consciousness. I alighted from the bus, crossed to the other side of the road, and headed towards his direction.

I slowed down my pace when I spotted him from afar heading towards me. He was about to walk past me when I stopped him.

"Which type bros, " he replied excitedly, setting his carton of Gala on his thigh"

" Thanks," he said, his frown transformed into a smile as he raised the carton and balanced it on his strong shoulders.

"No probs guys." I said.

After a few steps, I turned around and saw him selling to another customer. I smiled, crossed to the other side and boarded another bus.

Life is not that HARD, yet we make it HARD via our actions. Do something that will make someone smile today.

Look for someone around you who is feeling down, and say something to life them up.

Look for that person in your life that you have been having issues with. Forgive them or apologise--then MOVE ON.

Life is too short to be keeping malice.Make someone happy today.Sorry no pictures or video.

There was no reason to snap the guy.Source: XXtedyxxx.cc lalasticlala ; Seun : Ishilovecc mynd44
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by thesicilian: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
Okay
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by daddytime(m): 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2018
Simple and direct...let love lead at all times...

Kudos op
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Sholah96(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2018
Touching
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by blujoi(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
Waoh!! Op, you would be blessed for this kind gesture!!! A little kindness don’t hurt nobody!!! Kudos!!!

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by czarina(f): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
Maybe it's my brain sha, but I've read this story before.
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by demelza: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
czarina:
You are right.
This is a plagiarized work.
Op failed to put copied at the end.
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by czarina(f): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
demelza:
You are right.
I talk am!
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Goalnaldo(m): 1:24am On Dec 23, 2018
Like scarce for this thread oh. shocked

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by ehinmowo: 7:29am On Dec 23, 2018
xxxtedyxxx:

"No probs guys." I said.

I am a very rigid man. Two things get to me and makes me shed tears sometimes (worship and kind gestures). I didn't know when a ball of tear rolled down my cheeck because of this your story. The world is hurten and bruise. The desolate places of the world are full of habitation of wickedness. The world needs love. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2018
demelza:
You are right.

lmao...how can I plagiarize something I wrote myself?

I have lots of stories like this. I write my experiences daily.

This happened to me on the 27 of April this year. I posted this story first on NL on the 30th of April.

This was the first thread....

https://www.nairaland.com/4479107/touching-encounter-gala-seller-yesterday

If you have seen this story anywhere else, it was definitely copied from NL ( where I first posted it).

Peace...

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:03am On Dec 26, 2018
czarina:

yes, you read it here first ( April 2018)... on NL...

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:04am On Dec 26, 2018
ehinmowo:

I am a very rigid man. Two things get to me and makes me shed tears sometimes (worship and kind gestures). I didn't know when a ball of tear rolled down my cheeck because of this your story. The world is hurten and bruise. The desolate places of the world are full of habitation of wickedness. The world needs love. Thank you.

wow...I am touched...

it pays to be good....there is always something good we can do for people.

I agree with you- the world needs love.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by czarina(f): 12:05am On Dec 26, 2018
xxxtedyxxx:

yes, you read it here first ( April 2018)... on NL...

I thought as much.
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2019
xxxtedyxxx:

"No probs guys." I said.

Bad people hardly change to good people, it's usually good people changing to bad people, u haven't seen what people can do to good people.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Direct Whatsapp Link With Pretext Messages. / Wooden Pallets 100X120 @2500 / How To Become A Millionaire Supplying Agricultural Products To FMCG Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.