Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

How To Do A Total Name Change - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Do A Total Name Change (16941 Views)

Man Seeks For Divorce Over Facebook Name Change Wahala / Name Change Issue. Please Advise. / Help Her Make Decision On Name Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by NoToPile: 5:35am On Dec 23, 2018
Ridwan440:

Ma'am, His case is a bit different, His is total change of identity/names. Even if he enrol for NIMC it will not come out because the platform has now been linked to BNV, and they will ask for his BVN at the point of enrollment and name on BNV must be same as the name on the NIMC card. May be he can go for drivers license.

I did change my surname and first name though I get your point maybe darkhorizon should leave his middle name but then legally(I may be wrong though) it should be possible to do a whole change of identity just state the reasons.

Drivers license first(thats if he doesnt have one in the old name already)
Bvn change next plus bank change next
Then national Id change next

The stress of this stuff can discourage one, if you are not determined you will just quit. angry
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by MrHighSea: 6:49am On Dec 23, 2018
Glink2018:

...but tied and hooked to ethnic group.....
Different of the same thing
Nah.
Ethnic: na im own
Religion: im borrow am

HE Z PROUD OF IM TIN
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Banter1(m): 7:32am On Dec 23, 2018
darkhorizon:
[url][/url]Hello all I want to change my name completely, I mean my surname, first name and middle name.

I have two reasons for this, firstly I don't really like the meaning of the names. Secondly, they are all Muslim names and I am no longer a Muslim. I want to change them to my ethnic names (still given to me by my parents).

What legal consequences is there if I change the name, because I am a graduate presently serving and I already have my certificate with the name I want to change.

Lawyers and experienced folks in the house, please I need your advice.
go to court and get an affidavit, and also your new name most be publish on national daily and reasons for the change. also your former institutions most be notified.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by saintchibu(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2018
darkhorizon:
[url][/url]Hello all I want to change my name completely, I mean my surname, first name and middle name.

I have two reasons for this, firstly I don't really like the meaning of the names. Secondly, they are all Muslim names and I am no longer a Muslim. I want to change them to my ethnic names (still given to me by my parents).

What legal consequences is there if I change the name, because I am a graduate presently serving and I already have my certificate with the name I want to change.

All that is required for change of name is an affidavit from a Court, it can be any Court but State or Federal High Court is more preferable. Then you need a Newspaper publication.
From the facts you stated, I do not think any Newspaper will publish for you cos most will say that one of the former names must be in the new name.
My advice, change your first name and surname first. Later you deal with your middle name as I do not think changing all the names at once will be ideal apart from most newspapers requiring that there must be a trace of your former name in your new name.

1 Like

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by ashawopikin(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2018
Valdblngx:

That's the difference between Nairaland and Quora bro. One is filled with boneheads and few intellectuals while the latter is an haven for giants in all fields to share their knowledge
leave am like that, we are #proud nairalander
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by OyinO: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2018
It is Legal and allowed. I'm glad you are enlightened, awakened and proud of your African Roots and Cultural Heritage. That's a true Pan African.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by incogni2o: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2018
4ckTOTO:

i dey tell you. na airheads and boneheads full here

Are you guyz part of the boneheads or knowledge giants.

And why are you not on quora (which is not a forum)

Your comments make the answer obvious.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Innoxxacs: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2018
abdulwizzy:

I go curse you
youre playing with fire
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Samnavy: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2018
You are trying to say your parents doesn't have sense before they gave you the name. you have no choice

grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by 4ckTOTO: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2018
incogni2o:

Are you guyz part of the boneheads or knowledge giants.

And why are you not on quora (which is not a forum)

Your comments make the answer obvious.
see this waterhead
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Valdblngx: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
albaniy1:

How do I get to it pls

Quoradotcom. Remove the dot and replace with .
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Glink2018(m): 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
MrHighSea:

Nah.
Ethnic: na im own
Religion: im borrow am

HE Z PROUD OF IM TIN

Abeg commot for my front jare....
I don't want to waste my time on blind argument.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by immaq8(f): 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
darkhorizon:

CHANGE OF NAME
It is important to change your name when you 're married make it legal
Are you having problem linking your BVN tied to your old name to your married name or any other purpose.
Do your change of name @ affordable rate in any Nigerian daily and get published within 24hours

★CHANGE OF NAME
★ADDITION OF NAME 
★CORRECTION OF NAME & DATE OF BIRTH
★CONFIRMATION OF NAME
★FAMILY CHANGE OF SURNAME
★LOSS OF DOCUMENTS 

The Choice is your,We make it possible your location is not barrier.

kindly Call or Whatsapp, Purity @ 08100908768

Scan your my marriage certificate or Affidavit to my email: luvjessy4@gmail.com or Whatsapp 08100908768
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2019
4ckTOTO:

i dey tell you. na airheads and boneheads full here
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2021
okekekelechib:
1. get a regulatory id with d new names.
2. do a newspaper publication with d correct order of d names u want as it is on ur id card.
3. swear a detailed affidavit stating d reason for d change of name or a letter from d notary public.
4. then proceed to bank to get ur bvn name changed and after that go to ministry of education or ur school to submit such documents for reference purposes and get a receipt for that since it's total name change unless ur certs have ur new names.

What if it is only Surename? Did I need to go to ministry of Education
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by RevoOd: 3:57pm On May 12, 2022
Please where you able to do this? What was the process involve if you did it successfully? I am also looking towards changing my name, and the name in my certificate. Nigeria is too tribalistic. I want to change it to this ppl native name so i can get this stuff
darkhorizon:

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Ovoke548: 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
Pls poster where you able to do a total name change?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / I THANK God For Giving Me Another Bouncing Baby BOY / Merry Christmas & Compliments Of The Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.